Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wealthy trying to avoid new tax
(04-07-2022, 11:31 AM)SueDonim Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 01:31 PM)king1 Wrote: The "rich" folks I know of are addicted to making money so I doubt very much that the prospect of a bit of extra tax alone is going to make them pack it all in and move to the 'burbs.  That decision will be made by other factors, such as health, lifestyle, retirement plans etc...

How do you define "rich"? 
In that context, based on the several clients I have in that position, and to some extent based on dken31 statements of "a bit above average" and "This year ... pay about $127K income tax" (the latter seemingly understating the former imho)...

I was trying to make the point that not too many people making that sort of money will simply shut up shop, lay off four staff, sell up all the plant, essentially destroying all he has built up over the years - just because the government might/will increase the tax burden...   This seems to be the arguement or outcome being proposed of an increased tax burden.

The reality I would suggest, is the said business will be put up for sale as a going concern, the four staff will most likely continue to be employed (and pay tax), the company will presumably still make loads of money (and pay tax), and dken31 will move to a life style/sentence block with a nice seven figure payout for his efforts building up the business over the years, invest the funds, earn returns, pay tax...

Or do what everyone else is doing at the moment and put prices up slightly to cover the "cost" of the extra tax burden and blame it on inflation... 

This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

Messages In This Thread
The wealthy trying to avoid new tax - by Lilith7 - 05-06-2022, 03:17 PM
RE: The wealthy trying to avoid new tax - by king1 - 05-07-2022, 03:12 PM