Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It will take 80 years to clean up the Waikato River.
(15-06-2022, 06:00 PM)Zurdo Wrote:
(15-06-2022, 11:49 AM)king1 Wrote: well on the subject of self sufficiency as a country, we could require that food producers in New Zealand be required to sell a percentage of their product into the New Zealand market, in a pitiful attempt to break this link to the international prices...

Sounds like the Irish potato famine - while the Irish peasants who were producing this food didn't get to eat it, it was sent overseas for money. Always about the money...

Love the farmers saying if it wasn't for them making this food we would all starve. But if we all weren't eating their food, then they would have no market to grow and sell for. We are all in this together, it's about time the world realised a bigger picture.
It would be nice to think that somehow, every country in the world could come to that realisation & behave accordingly.
I suspect that isn't all that likely - but then, perhaps I've just read too much sci fi. I hope so.

Because if we don't, then the world our grandkids & great grandkids will be living in doesn't bear thinking about.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: It will take 80 years to clean up the Waikato River. - by Lilith7 - 15-06-2022, 07:27 PM