Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon wants mass imigration to fill jobs...
(21-07-2022, 02:34 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: The reason why jobs are not being filled is because most (not all) of the wankers are too lazy and are getting paid too much being on the benefit so why work?
That just isn't true. With rents so high now, many people are struggling to survive on a benefit - the levels of which have yet to recover from Ruth Richardson's cuts to them during the Jenny Shipley govt in the 'mother of all budgets.'

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/4642...-inflation

The second of two benefit increases will be introduced on Friday, which are meant to leave some households better off by up to $55 a week
But the Fairer Future collaboration said some of the country's poorest families would still face budget shortfalls of up to $300 a week.
Spokesman Max Harris said families were under far more financial strain than in 2019, when the government's Welfare Expert Advisory Group recommended lifting benefits.
"Prices have gone up, petrol has gone up, food has gone up, rents have gone up," he said.
"When you have such a significant shortfall you're putting people into impossible positions, to make choices like to pay rent versus putting food on the table, or to pay rent versus going into significant debt."

"Even people who are working are finding it hard, so we can only imagine what it's like for people who are having to survive on a benefit. It's extremely unjust and unfair.

"The much-vaunted income support increases will be too little, too late for most people."
Disability Advisory Trust volunteer chief executive Nick Stoneman said a weekly $3.93 increase in the Disability Allowance from 1 April was a "joke".
"It's not even going to cover the price of a bottle of milk," he said.
"By the time I've paid my rent, I've got very little money for food. I guess I'm very lucky in that I'm able to cope, but it's really, really hard to do."

The collaboration wants the government to increase core benefit levels to standard liveable incomes and raise the minimum wage to the living wage."

in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Luxon wants mass imigration to fill jobs... - by Lilith7 - 21-07-2022, 02:52 PM