Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloomfield approves mass fluoridation of our water supply
(01-08-2022, 12:43 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...luoridated

This is the legacy that Bloomfield has left us with, mass medication with a poison namely hexafluorosilicic acid in our drinking water, all in a lame effort to "try" and prevent tooth decay in a minor demographic of kids whos uneducated parents think giving their kids soft drinks is good for them.

It aint going to make a scrap of difference how much of this shit they put in the water if these kids keep drinking coke and dont brush their teeth.

And to make things worse, most water filters cant remove it effectively, so those that dont want to drink this in our water have no choice.

This is mass medication which is a breach of our bill of rights. And people are wondering why we are seeing levels of dementia on the rise? Its no wonder.

On one level I have never felt comfortable with the concept of mass medication to fix a parenting problem. When I was born good parenting included the pregnant woman buying and taking fluoride tablets to ensure the good health of the baby's teeth. Then after birth, the child took the tablets until age 12. My teeth and mind are both fine.

Today that's not necessary as nearly all toothpastes have fluoride in them so all parents need to do is teach their kids to clean their teeth. And preferably lay off theĀ  sugar/acid drinks.

But, on another level, since that doesn't happen in so many households, and since the small amounts of fluoride added to water supplies don't seem to be doing any harm, I have to admit that maybe it's something that unfortunately we need to accept. There were past concerns about neurological effects including dementia, but it's hard to find any current evidence either way.

Overall I think the huge societal cost we have of people going into adulthood with bad teeth far outweighs any risk from fluoridation. Dental health has a huge impact on overall health and we just can't afford to let the current state continue, much as I would prefer to push the parenting issues back onto the parents. We can't fix stupid, whether it's dental care or mask-wearing. Those of us who are aware and try to do the right thing will always suffer impacts from people who just don't care. So as far as fluoridation goes, I'm now fairly resigned to the fact that it's going to happen. And wonder whether Bloomfield did what he had to do, but waited until his successor would have to pick up the flak.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bloomfield approves mass fluoridation of our water supply - by SueDonim - 01-08-2022, 02:06 PM