Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Book fair Organisers have lost the trust of the public it seems. Bookarama chch
The organisers of the book fair / Bookarama Bishopdale and they are in the dog house with the donators and attendant’s of the fair for letting book dealers shop up large before the event even started meaning the people the next day did not get to see all that had been donated.

It won't let me post links but one person said that that  they donated over 800 books and DVD's and is very angry because   they thought the donations were going to help members of the community  access goods at a small price, spreading joy and the love of a good book rummage. 

Many many similar posts like that one.

Did anyone go to it?

I did not go this year, but last year I remember standing in a huge line (and I mean the line was so long it crossed the whole park) on day 1 of the fair and seeing two elderly ladies a few rows ahead of me who were over 80 years old shivering in the rain. And I thought something was up once inside, the place seemed really a mess, usually it's all tidy and neat when you arrive.

After reading what people were adding on the thread, all I can think is would people wait in the rain if they knew they weren’t the first group to see the donations on day one? Gee, If I had known, I would have waited for the rain to clear for sure Wink
It rained so so much on the days of this year’s Bookarama too, so there were a lot of people being little Trojans to attend this fair.

What do you guys think? Has anyone donated books?

Messages In This Thread
Book fair Organisers have lost the trust of the public it seems. Bookarama chch - by Reydar - 29-04-2023, 07:50 AM