Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South africa tops NZ as greatest country on earth
(13-07-2023, 03:46 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yeah, solely based on his conduct, I think not. Based on your attitude to his conduct? Very likely.

One of the reasons I have acquired an antipathy to some South Africans is the way they first generationally ruined a nation and then fled with all their wealth and expertise to a safe haven, leaving their home country to fall apart. Had they done that quietly and respectfully, these few migrants that I know rather well, might have slotted in well to their new country, but instead this group set about transforming a community into a carbon copy of the one they had left. Complete with gated communities, unpleasant attitudes to our tangata whenua and tikanga, arrogant expectations, and not a little violence in thought and deed.

But maybe you had to be there. With luck most of that original lot have now died out. Regrettably, my suspicion of them has not.

In their case I think a little suspicion is a healthy thing.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: South africa tops NZ as greatest country on earth - by Lilith7 - 13-07-2023, 07:28 PM