Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyer complains about postage price
(29-08-2023, 10:31 AM)SueDonim Wrote:
(29-08-2023, 10:19 AM)nzoomed Wrote: That's interesting, I've never really used it for parcels that small, I always assumed it was cheaper to use mailer bags that are prepaid and choose the appropriate size.
Maybe larger parcels cost less on TM instead, the weird thing is in some cases aramex is cheaper than nz post and vice versa.

I'm the opposite - have occasionally used mailer bags for very small items, but never for larger ones. I see it as buying a bag then paying for postage on top of that. A padded bag for an occasional item might be better than buying a roll of bubblewrap as you have just done, but like you, I did that once and years later am still using it up. I use kitchen ziplock bags to make a parcel weatherproof. Or rubbish bags if the ziplocks aren't big enough.

Its very interesting, ive just been playing around a bit.
Ive tried it with the dimensions of a heavy parcel i sent and the costs are actually the exact same rate on both NZpost and TM.
The price difference I noticed the other day was with smaller parcels around 20x20x20cm on average.
When I checked the price, it was about $2 or $3 less through TM. I will keep an eye on this in the future for sure.
Interestingly enough, the weight doesnt seem to affect price, Ive gone for 3KG and 10KG and its still $44 to send this parcel to the south island regardless of the weight.

Messages In This Thread
Buyer complains about postage price - by nzoomed - 25-08-2023, 10:27 AM
RE: Buyer complains about postage price - by Admin - 29-08-2023, 11:16 AM