Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break the glass and hit the panic button Labour
(17-09-2023, 03:51 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I think there have been and are some very good philantrothops (what is the plural?) and thank you very much. But some use it for other purposes...tax evasion etc, money laundering in a good way...like tobacco advertising was.

Just read about Al Capone opening a soup kitchen in the depression, a shelter and food bank for the unemployed and homeless. Of no benefit to himself, just helping others.

Yeah - I knew about that some years ago & it surprised me too when I first found out. Strange creatures, we humans - good & bad. Smile

(17-09-2023, 06:53 PM)Olive Wrote:
(17-09-2023, 02:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Now I feel faintly nauseous at the thought of how gullible we all were. Those of us who never had the faintest idea the man was such a rotten predator at heart.

As for those who knew, and kept silent, damn your eyes, your greedy hearts, and your arses.

I moved in art circles during the 90s when he was a regular collector of art.   We all knew that he also collected handsome young men, but it was not generally known how predatory he was.   The general opinion was that he was a bit pathetic, and because he was personally quite unpleasant he was avoided socially, apart from the art dealers who had to be polite because he was a regular customer.   He was known for having terrible taste in art and for haggling over prices.

He sounds a  complete prickle.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Break the glass and hit the panic button Labour - by Lilith7 - 17-09-2023, 07:13 PM