Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes a word is worth a zillion pixels - -
Quote:Grand Master :
" Doing the afternnon quiz today, I was reminded of the word Snollygoster. [Image: biggrin.png]"
Sometimes the moment is so perfect, . . .
I don't know if you have ever been disturbed in the middle of a complex task by religious hawkers and spruikers of the cloyingly sincere kind.
I was able to use your word in reference to their opening remarks about the Political Canvassing currently under way.
The total derailment of their carefully rehearsed spiel was a joy to every cockle of my heart.  Thank you for that priceless gift, I very nearly demonstrated a ROFL in reaction to their facial expressions. I suspect the older lady considered i might have been blaspheming with an obscene phrase or word, while the younger one was certain. In spite of their age, they left at a respectable pace.
Nearly as satisfying as the scene many years ago where I eventually tired of their repeated "But you must believe in SOMETHING" phrase and replied that if they must know, I believed in reincarnation through cannibalism.  (I'd had a while to think that over while they refused {politely} to leave.)  But, I doubt that I'm on any list of people to contact for either pairing.

Now I can hardly wait for a door-knocking Snollygoster to call.
It would make my day.

Big Grin
Entropy is not what
it used to be.

Messages In This Thread
Sometimes a word is worth a zillion pixels - - - by R2x1 - 19-09-2023, 05:06 PM