Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas woman granted, then denied abortion on medical grounds
This seems a straightforward case where an abortion should be given as soon as possible; this woman is likely to lose the ability to have children if an abortion is denied. 

That she's likely to now be denied that & have to suffer throughout a tragic pregnancy which could end her abiity to have children, shows very clearly that this isn't about 'the sanctitiy of life' but is instead about controlling women. Dodgy

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/preg...-105522411

[b]"AUSTIN, Texas -- Kate Cox, a mother of two in Texas, became pregnant again in August but soon after learned devasting news: Her baby has a fatal condition and is likely to either be stillborn or die shortly after birth.[/b]
The tragic circumstances have thrust Cox, 31, into the center of an unprecedented challenge over abortion bans that have altered the landscape for women in the U.S. A Texas judge gave Cox permission this week to receive an abortion, but the state's highest court put that decision on hold Friday night.
Whether Cox, who is 20 weeks pregnant, can legally receive an abortion under narrow exceptions to the state's ban is now in limbo while the Texas Supreme Court considers her case. The court, which is made up of nine Republican justices, gave no timetable on when it might rule.
[b]In October, doctors told Cox that her fetus was at a high risk for a condition known as trisomy 18, which has a very high likelihood of miscarriage or stillbirth, and low survival rates, according to the lawsuit. Her attorneys say Cox has been to the emergency room at least four times, including this week, and that her health is put increasingly at risk the longer her pregnancy lasts.[/b]
Doctors have told Cox that inducing labor or carrying the baby to term could jeopardize her ability to have another child in the future.
“I really would love another baby," Cox told NBC News this week after a lower court judge granted her permission for an abortion, “So, I’m hopeful for my health, our family.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-abort...-kate-cox/

"Following Thursday's ruling, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's office issued a statement saying the temporary restraining order "will not insulate hospitals, doctors, or anyone else, from civil and criminal liability for violating Texas' abortion laws." 
Paxton's office also included a letter sent to several medical centers outlining action it will take against doctors who perform an abortion." 
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
Texas woman granted, then denied abortion on medical grounds - by Lilith7 - 11-12-2023, 06:01 PM