Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No new taxes, yeah right!
(10-03-2024, 09:04 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(10-03-2024, 06:14 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: They do seem awfully keen for people to die, don't they, what with the massive U turn on smoking & now sweet buggerall done to prevent cars polluting the environment. LUxon's right in that we do need a modern transport system, but he must be well aware that many world cities tend to have light rail systems; they had the sense to set them up decades ago.

And we didn't.

"Prime Minister Christopher Luxon suggested he was unconcerned about the cost overruns, saying building a modern transport system was crucial, and hinted the shortfall in funding could be made up by using tools like public-private partnerships.

“We cannot keep doing things the way we’ve been doing it,” Luxon said, when saying he made no apologies for using “innovative” funding tools to improve infrastructure.
Luxon is laying the groundworks for selling major infrastructure construct contracts, and probably the long term ownership of them, off to offshore corporations or states. Just like Key before him he will be all too willing to sell off anything of value that's not tied down, that's why Chris Bishop's interview this morning was so worrying (in part).

He does remind me of Key quite strongly, particularly in the way he speaks - ultra smooth, with lots of oily lubrication & a large number of words with little or no meaning...

I'm not feeling especially friendly towards those people who just didn't bother to vote in the last election, & hope that: A)  they do so next time, & B) not too much damage has been done by then.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
No new taxes, yeah right! - by harm_less - 04-03-2024, 05:55 PM
RE: No new taxes, yeah right! - by Zurdo - 04-03-2024, 06:55 PM
RE: No new taxes, yeah right! - by Oh_hunnihunni - 05-03-2024, 08:27 AM
RE: No new taxes, yeah right! - by Zurdo - 05-03-2024, 04:40 PM
RE: No new taxes, yeah right! - by Lilith7 - 10-03-2024, 06:14 PM
RE: No new taxes, yeah right! - by harm_less - 10-03-2024, 09:04 PM
RE: No new taxes, yeah right! - by Lilith7 - 11-03-2024, 10:45 AM