Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mum jailed for killing her terminally ill 28 yo daughter
(09-11-2021, 02:23 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 11:31 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/1...rs-in-jail

Does it outrage you, that this mother didn't get a longer sentence?
Does it make you sad, that she had to watch her daughter suffer?

"Walk a mile in my shoes".

"Judge not, lest ye be judged"

Lock her up and throw away the key?

I just find this sort of crime, so extremely sad. What pushes a mother to the brink of despair, that this is the only way out.

How can mothers be capable of killing their child/ren?

I think of the poor South Afrikan mum, who killed her 3 children. Mentally unstable? Had a breakdown? Having a bad day? Stress of settling into a new country and new culture??

You thoughts? Heart
Jail isn't really normally considered to be 'punishment' in this country now-a-days.  The PC brigade put a stop to that factor.  And in some cases it's good.  In this case I cannot see what any kind of Jail sentence provides at all.  The poor lady has been for many years and no doubt now will continue to be in a different way, in her own kind of Hell.  Jail ? ZERO to do with Justice here it's only Law - and poorly applied at that.  Compassion might have been better.  Greater assistance while the young one was alive would have possibly had a better outcome also !

I strongly disagree with that - prison is often harsher for women & is indeed punishment. But I do agree with the rest of your post, especially with regard to more or better assistance while her daughter was still alive.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mum jailed for killing her terminally ill 28 yo daughter - by Lilith7 - 09-11-2021, 05:53 PM