Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"It wasn’t until I stopped drinking that I realised Aotearoa is swimming in booze".
Many moons ago, after my marriage ended, I decided that, whilst doing my ironing on a Sunday arvo, that I'd have a drinkies. Firstly, it was the remainder of a bottle of wine. I was getting warmed up, and enjoying the one woman party. Then, I decided to open the new bottle of port. Yes, I drank that stuff back then. It was real good.

So, I started getting really merry. The ironing was still getting done, but I think I was probably starting to slow down on that, and focussing more on the merriment of the Port.

And, before I knew it, I was ringing my husband...well, I was trying to look for him. The father in law answered, and he politely told me that I needed to sober up, and ring again tomorrow.

So, I thought, fuck you, and I kept drinking. And crying.

Next thing I know, is that one of my neighbours had me at their place, and pushing me under a cold shower. You see, I was getting real upset, whilst getting completely inebriated. Neighbour heard me being the pathetic drunk that I was, coz I was making a bit of noise. Oh, and it was after 10pm apparently.

Not that I remembered much, but apparently, another neighbour had heard me whaling, or something else, and called the cops, because they thought I was being attacked. My rescuer neighbour told me about this the next morning, whilst I was sobering up. I had absolutely no idea that the cops had been to my house. I was mortified.

I can laugh about it today, but the lesson was, to never iron and drink. At the same time. Today, I might have a drink at Christmas, and I don't own an iron, so my neighbourhood is safe from me. lol

PS, I never was a drinker. I had a moment of madness, coz I was lonely and sad. Awwwwww.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It wasn’t until I stopped drinking that I realised Aotearoa is swimming in booze". - by crafters_corner - 24-11-2021, 07:05 PM