Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is your definition of a 'Greenie'?
(29-11-2021, 04:56 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wear hand knitted socks in the Winter. Love them. Soft and warm and stretchy which helps when getting the blasted things on is a challenge.

Interesting fact too, wool fibres in the wash break down once in the environment with two to three months. Synthetic fibres simply add to the microplastic burden.

So knitting is pretty Green when you think about it.

And like sewing, it is a skill that can be taught. it is not magically bequeathed like eye colour or height...
I wear bed socks during winter. They are better than socks for me, as the band on the socks cuts me at the ankle, and that's not good when the old blood doesn't flow properly anyway.

My bestie got me a pair of brand new ones from the op shop, and they were on my feet from the time I woke up, til I went to bed. They are holy as could be, but I don't care. Too hot for them now.

(29-11-2021, 06:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Speaking of posters from over yonder, I bought one of those nose cone thingys from Autumnsnz. got a reply from them, saying that they're also posting here but unable to get in at present - & also that another poster tin Lizzie, isn't well just now.
Hope she can get in here again, we need more good posters.
I had no idea that AW was here. I haven't picked up on that yet. Funny how people have a certain style of writing, and I've not seen her postings. Well, I don't think I have.

And I am very sad to hear that our lizzie isn't well. She got sick a few months ago. I do hope she is going to recover ok. She's a good egg, as is AW. My thoughts go out to you lizzie, if you're here.
I know that AW doesn't keep good health either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is your definition of a 'Greenie'? - by Underwhelmed - 27-11-2021, 05:45 PM
RE: What is your definition of a 'Greenie'? - by crafters_corner - 29-11-2021, 06:58 PM