Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antivaxxers happy to see children die
Magoo, I'm sorry that Covid has had such a personal impact on you. I understand your anger and support your uncompromising stance. I'd like to see more with your determination.

Two socially valuable people I care for deeply are immune-compromised. One, with a serious heart issue, has had both doses and was OK after each, but is still vulnerable. Her daughter has only had her first on the advice of her GP.

We're in a war against a formidable foe and the antivaxxers are collaborators. It makes me angry that if we win, they'll be saved by riding on our backs.

(19-12-2021, 06:28 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Okay, but insulting them achieves nothing, and gets you blowback that works against your own mission. You aren't beating them, in fact you are joining them. The only way to fight idiots is by being cleverer than they are, taking the high ground, and repeatedly beating them with science, reason, and honesty. The very weapons they are unable to use.

And, there will always be some you cannot convince. Cannot help. And in the long run they will suffer the consequences. The tragedy of course being that innocents will go down with them.

There are a lot of good people on Issues, they stay out of the crap and avoid the worst of it because it provides a lively space with a lot of ongoing debate. They have not experienced it the way some of us have with the really disturbing real world threats and attempted blackmail. That is the problem with zealots, they are not worried about crossing lines, or using unacceptable tactics to get their way. They don't fight fair. And in the end, because of that, they lose.

It pays not to join them in the mud.
What would/do you do, hunni?

The only way to fight idiots is by being cleverer than they are, taking the high ground, and repeatedly beating them with science, reason, and honesty. The very weapons they are unable to use.

I do this sometimes. It's only been an endless, draining battle. Now I'm more likely to give them a piece of my mind and move on.

I work with an antivaxxer. When Covid reaches my area I'll be making it clear to my boss that I'll no longer tolerate his presence. It'll be either him or me, and my boss knows I'm more valuable.
Autumn comes

Messages In This Thread
Antivaxxers happy to see children die - by Magoo - 16-12-2021, 03:18 PM
RE: Antivaxxers happy to see children die - by egem - 16-12-2021, 03:33 PM
RE: Antivaxxers happy to see children die - by egem - 17-12-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: Antivaxxers happy to see children die - by egem - 18-12-2021, 06:02 PM
RE: Antivaxxers happy to see children die - by an amniote - 19-12-2021, 09:12 AM