Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have kids changed, or has society changed?
(09-01-2022, 11:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 10:54 AM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: With regard to your comment about our police.

But what about catching the thief BEFORE they escalate into SERIOUS crime. At the moment they are only thieving stereo equipment. Wouldn't it be better to intervene at the lesser criminal activity rather than leave it until it becomes 'increasingly complex and dangerous'

Catch the criminal and turn them around BEFORE they move into more complex crimes as they age.

It's a cop out (excuse the pun) to not focus on ALL crime.

So playing a bit of loud music is now 'reducing the quality of life' for other PMSL get the ...... outta here
Yes, it is.

How do you get round the variations in tastes in music? I can take quiet background country music, but raise the volume and I get murderous really quickly. I don't like country music, I find it whiney and self indulgent.

I quite like clasical pieces, but not Wagner. I like rap, but not the violent racist sexist rapey stuff, I like techno but not endless repetition. And if you really want to get me annoyed boy bands are a really fast irritant.

So no, the quiet enjoyment of my home is mine by right, and where it clashes with your preference for loud music is exactly the point I call the council to send out their noise control people.

The council, not the Police. I'll leave that call to the neighbours when I start marching up the street to your place muttering imprecations and carrying an axe.
The one type of music I just cannot stand is country. I can cope with a bit of blue grass but only about 10 minutes or so, & I  really hate that type of rap.

Its a good thing we have various kinds of music but I think we should refrain from inflicting our musical taste on others if they really loathe it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have kids changed, or has society changed? - by Lilith7 - 09-01-2022, 01:53 PM