Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mathematical illiterate journalists
(04-01-2022, 10:07 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I'm mathematically illiterate (dyscalculia) but metric weights and measures make sense to me - 100, 200 etc. Don't ask me to do any figuring with such simple numbers, but I get the relationship.
Me too - never been tested but lots of numbers - as in spread sheets or similar - tend to do weird shit to my brain. Not wonderful with large numbers but really good at budgeting etc - what they call 'social arithmetic' now.
Don't have a problem with measures exactly but the Americans tend to say 22 hundred instead of 2 thousand 2 hundred is irritating. Confused

(05-01-2022, 07:04 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It is a bit harder for those of us raised imperial but switched to metric some way through...
AND nobody asked us if we wanted to change either did they. Bastards!

There was a time not so long ago when the cost of everything wasn't invariably mentioned when there was an accident or incident of some kind. It was just said that so many people had died or been injured, with no reference to any cost.
Mercenary bastards! Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mathematical illiterate journalists - by Lilith7 - 06-01-2022, 01:45 PM