Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instant obedience from SWMBO ! !
Oh Darn! We really want something that's bad for depression Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Well. the chocolate diet may be working, or maybe the IV drips several times a day are having some influence, but SWMBO is actually getting out of bed and taking very short walks under her own steam (with Zimmer). Supervised; but all her own motive power. She thinks this means she'll be home before the coming storms arrive, but I don't hope for that much, and by the way her medication changes in strength frequently, I don't think the doctors have mastered the tricky wee bugs she has been hosting just yet. They do seem to be zeroing in on the little blighters.  Yes
We even have sunshine with very light winds so I believe I'll celebrate the progress in medical matters by finishing the undercoating of the west wall of the shed. If the senior management may be returning, I may be needing alternate accommodation once she inspects my domestic efforts while she's been away.
Smile
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(10-02-2023, 08:34 AM)R2x1 Wrote: Well. the chocolate diet may be working, or maybe the IV drips several times a day are having some influence, but SWMBO is actually getting out of bed and taking very short walks under her own steam (with Zimmer). Supervised; but all her own motive power. She thinks this means she'll be home before the coming storms arrive, but I don't hope for that much, and by the way her medication changes in strength frequently, I don't think the doctors have mastered the tricky wee bugs she has been hosting just yet. They do seem to be zeroing in on the little blighters.  Yes
We even have sunshine with very light winds so I believe I'll celebrate the progress in medical matters by finishing the undercoating of the west wall of the shed. If the senior management may be returning, I may be needing alternate accommodation once she inspects my domestic efforts while she's been away.
Smile

I suspect she would forgive you just about anything. Especially if she could do it in her own kitchen...  Big Grin
All joking aside R2, hope it's all going well for you guys.

Ken Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Well the accountants apparently decided she was "near enough" to be ejected so they did the paperwork to discharge her yesterday. Alas, reality did its thing and the minor difficulty of hoking her up to an IV drip several times a day at home became a bit trickier when they found that there were simply no home care nurses available for that schedule.
Whoops.
So, she's sort of penciled in to be evicted Monday or Tuesday, but nobody that's qualified is available according to the paperwork. Maybe they'll send some orange cones (and supporting paperwork) to keep the bugs at bay? At least she can now get out of bed and do 20 M each way trips, unaided but supervised, on very smooth lino with a zimmer. Rather unfortunately the new hoped for schedule will have her arriving together with the weather - looks like the nurse is going to be taking multiple blood samples several times a day too, because getting her to the lab and back 3 or 4 times a day during this new storm may be interesting. it is an educational process for sure.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
The public health system really is under threat. I rang my surgery for a script renewal yesterday, and just as well I did it ten days early because the nurse told me they have been without a gp for the last week and a half, and can't get a locum. She must be going nuts, because it is a small but very busy practice. I suspect covid is at the foot of it, it certainly seems to be the excuse these days for anything and everything that goes wrong.

So I shall just keep wearing my mask so I don't become one of those majority stats!
(11-02-2023, 08:19 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The public health system really is under threat. I rang my surgery for a script renewal yesterday, and just as well I did it ten days early because the nurse told me they have been without a gp for the last week and a half, and can't get a locum. She must be going nuts, because it is a small but very busy practice. I suspect covid is at the foot of it, it certainly seems to be the excuse these days for anything and everything that goes wrong.

So I shall just keep wearing my mask so I don't become one of those majority stats!

Wear a mask, and to be sure to be sure; wear an orange road safety cone as a hat. Bugs will flee on sight, right off site Probably nervous relatives will vamoose too.
Since senior management is communing with the ZZZ's tribe, while multi-tasking by mapping the inside view of her eyelids, it behooves me to do the taxpayer duty by testing effervescent amber fluids all the way from Holland. I suspect that calling Dutch beer "Bavaria", numerous treaties and customs do unaccustomed things thereby saving some far distant entrepreneurial persons 5.773 centimes per annum while the various EU governments recover € 892,512,755.23 a month from the taxpayers.  Seems right for Brussels traditions of simultaneously fostering both the trickle down theory and the avalanche up theory of financial governance.

Merry xmas to the calendrically challenged.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Dang. Senior Management appears to be abandoning the practice of remote management She and the cyclone should be hitting the road at about the same time.
Irresistible force meets immovable object? - but nobody knows which is which. Only one is knocking down trees, but only that one frequently changes course. (The other one has taught trees and other impediments to just not get in the way.)
One originated from tropical hot air, the other started in Rakaia. One appears to be weakening, the other has recently recharged.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Dont forget to stock up with more Choc and deliver regularly when you visit her Smile
and ear plugs ?

Big Grin
Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.
I have found a good supplier of chrome-vanadium earplugs with a depleted uranium core. Far more durable and quieter than the old cast iron ones. Still a bit of a struggle getting durable chocolate, but she's bravely continuing the tests.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Chocolate and other simple treatments are on hold while she trials some odd sounding Latin stuff in more varieties than Heinz' sauce.
Weight gain is still not happening
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Doctors are still keen on the chocolate diet, but the Boss.has gone right off it. Latest tests have not shown anything except a $$ drain, so they are about to wash their hands of her I fear. Looks like she'll be coming home soon to be bedridden here instead of there. Only thing for it is to sharpen the garden tools so she doesn't strain herself overcoming the pastoral neglect. Might even oil the hand mower and put on new hand grips to ease her workload.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
You might need to 'mislay' the necessary hose fittings in advance of her return to household yard duties. The temptation might be too great for the lovely woman to resist.
Wise observation, that is (sort of) one of the reasons She only gets a hand mower. Today she was a great deal better, steady temperature etc just like a regular person. I think they've twigged to her malingering ways, and there;s going to be a discussion on what she needs for a return home. They've suggested she needs an electric bed, I'm trying to economise and settle for an electric chair. Negotiations resume tomorrow, as yet nobody has suggested a dawn appointment, nor has there been any mention of pistols so far.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(21-03-2023, 06:19 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Wise observation, that is (sort of) one of the reasons She only gets a hand mower.  Today she was a great deal better, steady temperature etc just like a regular person. I think they've twigged to her malingering ways, and there;s going to be a discussion on what she needs for a return home.  They've suggested she needs an electric bed, I'm trying to economise and settle for an electric chair. Negotiations resume tomorrow, as yet nobody has suggested a dawn appointment, nor has there been any mention of pistols so far.
On her behalf I am a little concerned about your enthusiasm for an electric chair...

Big Grin
(22-03-2023, 10:04 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(21-03-2023, 06:19 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Wise observation, that is (sort of) one of the reasons She only gets a hand mower.  Today she was a great deal better, steady temperature etc just like a regular person. I think they've twigged to her malingering ways, and there;s going to be a discussion on what she needs for a return home.  They've suggested she needs an electric bed, I'm trying to economise and settle for an electric chair. Negotiations resume tomorrow, as yet nobody has suggested a dawn appointment, nor has there been any mention of pistols so far.
On her behalf I am a little concerned about your enthusiasm for an electric chair...

Big Grin

Useless things! I bought one for my lesser half but she's still here. They don't consider that as a reason for retuning it under the Consumer Guarantees act. Grrr  Tongue Tongue
(22-03-2023, 10:04 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:

Big Grin
Oh the electric chair is a far better deal, doesn't take up anywhere near as much space, and should save a bundle on electricity too.
In fact, with recent improvements in dynamic braking systems and their boosted efficiency I may just fit the chair with pedals so she can empower us to go off-grid.
That might solve Kenj's problem too.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(22-03-2023, 09:09 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(22-03-2023, 10:04 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: On her behalf I am a little concerned about your enthusiasm for an electric chair...

Big Grin
Oh the electric chair is a far better deal, doesn't take up anywhere near as much space, and should save a bundle on electricity too.
In fact, with recent improvements in dynamic braking systems and their boosted efficiency I may just fit the chair with pedals so she can empower us to go off-grid.
That might solve Kenj's problem too.

.....I wasn't talking about moving around on it.  Big Grin Big Grin
Well, not for long maybe... Confused
Maybe a short, but fast, burst?
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.