Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you reading 2024 ?
Thanks so much everyone.

I use Libby for reading and after noticing Olive  mentioned Kingsolver, went and did a search, all of her books are out, and the wait time is about 6 weeks, so have put about 5 on hold. 
Ordered a couple of murders by Hakan Nesse, the first one seems good but only a couple, of chapters in so far.
Will check out McLaughlin and borrow those as well.
Problem is I love reading and nothing else seems to get done once the nose is in a book
Reading is the greatest gift we can give ourselves, imo. Where else do we get to travel, feel, learn, laugh, cry...

And all the rest?
(07-06-2024, 07:39 PM)Olive Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 04:55 PM)GJW Wrote: Have read all of CJ Box books, I seem to like books with a main character. Also have read all of the Amish series, cannot remember the author but the main character Is Kate Burkholder. Also finished all of Robert Galbraith books for a second time, this time I read them in sequence!! Hanging out for the 8th one.
Struggling at the moment to find something to get my teeth into.

Try Barbara Kingsolver's Demon Copperhead.

Oh I KNOW! Brilliant, read it recently & was inspired to re read David Copperfield. She's so good... Wink
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(12-06-2024, 07:25 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 07:39 PM)Olive Wrote: Try Barbara Kingsolver's Demon Copperhead.

Oh I KNOW! Brilliant, read it recently & was inspired to re read David Copperfield. She's so good... Wink

I'm re-reading her earlier books now and enjoying them a lot more this time around, I think because the environmental message is now so relevant.   Almost finished Animal Dreams.

I've also just finished reading Birnam Wood, which I deferred for ages.   What a ripping yarn!   Riveting, very funny, and a merciless allegory
I must get around to reading Birnam Wood; I didn't much like her earlier one but this is said to be very different.

Just started The twat files, Dawn French, so far, so funny.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Peter May's A Silent Death. A Scottish cop in Spain with all the usual drugs and guns and interesting characters.

He writes rather well, a reliable author...
Thanks Hunni, I've ordered it.     Our library has very recently launched a reservations app, and it works!   

So I'm having a lovely time getting back into actual books.  

I still prefer reading the Kindle in bed, but the frugality of library books has great appeal.   If only their ebooks were compatible with a Kindle...

I've just finished Ann Patchett's Tom Lake, which was a bit folksy and winsome for my taste but I did find it hard to put down.