Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search intensifies for Tom Phillips & three children
(18-06-2024, 11:51 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(18-06-2024, 11:27 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Sometimes it can be wamer in caves and a more stable temperature ironically, really depends on the type of cave and if it has much water flowing through it too.

I suppose they'd have sleeping bags & blankets anyway.

Yeah, I would be more worried about their vitamin D levels if they are living there in the dark! cant be much fun!
You know, I don't care about the back story, though I am sure there is one.

There is never any excuse for using the children of a relationship for selfish or self centred reasons. Our children are not possessions, they are people, we do not own people these days. Any parent who thinks otherwise does not deserve to be one. The children always come first, otherwise why have them?
Their mum made an appeal on tonights news, today is the 11th birthday of Jayda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3o56VcN1fc
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Sounds like he has alot of people helping him. Might be the reason for the high reward to twist their arm in assisting the police.
(19-06-2024, 11:57 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Sounds like he has alot of people helping him. Might be the reason for the high reward to twist their arm in assisting the police.

I'd say that's the reason for the reward.

But whatever the circumstances, he really has to do the right thing & bring those kids home. The longer this goes on the more the likelihood of a fairly severe punishment becomes, he must surely be aware of that, & how unfair this is to their Mum & the rest of the famiy as well as the kids.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
He's probably brainwashed the kids against the mother by now...if there was a dispute between them. We don't know the full story, just that they have gone...but there will be a reason for him taking off with the kids.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
It sounds like a custody dispute though we don't know all the details, but you're right in that he could well have poisoned their minds against their mum. I think the sooner its resolved peacefully, the better for those kids & everyone else.
The letter that Tom Phillips sent to the kids' mother indicates that a domestic dispute was at least a contributing factor to the current situation. Plenty of supposition and opinions circulating but obviously as suspected there is far more going on here than those outside the community aren't privy to.
Link now corrected.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
One parent does not have the right to alienate children from the other parent. It removes the right of choice from those children, and acts as a weapon against the alienated parent - which is why it happens.

Like rape, it is all about power.
Definitely looks like a domestic dispute for sure, obviously we dont know all the details and I agree there is much more to the whole picture than the public are privy to, but hopefully he comes forward for everyone's benefit.
There will be alot of work to repair things for sure.
(20-06-2024, 09:36 AM)zqwerty Wrote: harm_less, this link:

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programme...ts-consent

is incorrect for the context in which you sent it in Post #28 above "letter that Tom Phillips sent to the kids' mother"
Sorry, now corrected.

(20-06-2024, 10:35 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Definitely looks like a domestic dispute for sure, obviously we dont know all the details and I agree there is much more to the whole picture than the public are privy to, but hopefully he comes forward for everyone's benefit.
There will be alot of work to repair things for sure.
Definitely more details required and an undated and unsigned letter is hardly proof of anything. If the letter is genuine it shows significant vulnerability and the reply/retaliation from the mother relating to that letter may well have been enough for Tom to decide to take matters into his own hands.
(20-06-2024, 09:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: One parent does not have the right to alienate children from the other parent. It removes the right of choice from those children, and acts as a weapon against the alienated parent - which is why it happens.

Yes absolutely all about power - "You won't do what I want you to do,so I'll make you suffer".

And he has..
(20-06-2024, 11:42 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(20-06-2024, 09:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: One parent does not have the right to alienate children from the other parent. It removes the right of choice from those children, and acts as a weapon against the alienated parent - which is why it happens.

Yes absolutely all about power - "You won't do what I want you to do,so I'll make you suffer".

And he has..
Or she has threatened to destroy his life,

so Tom has taken things into his own hands with the only course he has seen as available to him. Two sides to every story and we're only seeing her side from the media. The support Tom has from a significant portion of the Marokopa community would tend to indicate he's not construed as being the villain in this situation by many in the know.
(20-06-2024, 12:27 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(20-06-2024, 11:42 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Yes absolutely all about power - "You won't do what I want you to do,so I'll make you suffer".

And he has..
Or she has threatened to destroy his life,

so Tom has taken things into his own hands with the only course he has seen as available to him. Two sides to every story and we're only seeing her side from the media. The support Tom has from a significant portion of the Marokopa community would tend to indicate he's not construed as being the villain in this situation by many in the know.

Up until now, we've heard nothing at all from her. Nothing, not in almost two years. 

And really as to any possibility of destroying his life, he appears to be doing that himself by taking the kids & keeping them from the rest of their family, while living in who knows what conditions.
I can understand her keeping quiet. Why stick her head up knowing the support he has?

This whole business should never have been left by the authorities - the police, the courts, the child protection services... for so long. So much for us being a great place to raise kids...