Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
A productive morning for us all.

I went and got my pills, accidentally got a beautiful Deep Crimson Maroon Nail polish called, "A-Rose at dawn.. broke by noon. " Thought it was a cool name. Had to use the magnifying glass to read it tho lol. It was half price too. Ill make time to apply that this week.

I've gone through MrP's wardrobe, Have stuff for the Oppies, rubbish and recycling. Just one box and bag to go through. I will bring them into the lounge and sit while I do it.

I forgot there was several items of new clothing, with tags so Ill list those tomorrow hopefully.

Have a couple of white blankets washing. I couldn't remember if they had been or not. Having the big clothes airer is wonderful.

Might Move the single bed into that room. It has a double wardrobe, but Ill be able to put stuff away ion there now. And use the other spare room for storage of saleable stuff.

Made an executive decision to buy tea. I do love that no one argues or tries to talk me out of that lol. Ill go back to my old usual cos I love their sausages.

Had the crust and one slice of warm fresh bread for lunch. It was sooo good.
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
(29-06-2024, 01:19 PM)popeye333 Wrote: A productive morning for us all.

I went and got my pills, accidentally got a beautiful Deep Crimson Maroon Nail polish called, "A-Rose at dawn.. broke by noon. " Thought it was a cool name. Had to use the magnifying glass to read it tho lol.  It was half price too.  Ill make time to apply that this week.

I've gone through MrP's wardrobe,  Have stuff for the Oppies, rubbish and recycling. Just one box and bag to go through. I will bring them into the lounge and sit while I do it.

I forgot there was several items of new clothing, with tags so Ill list those tomorrow hopefully.

Have a couple of white blankets washing. I couldn't remember if they had been or not. Having the big clothes airer is wonderful.

Might Move the single bed into that room.  It has a double wardrobe, but Ill be able to put stuff away ion there now. And use the other spare room for storage of saleable stuff.

Made an executive decision to buy tea. I do love that no one argues or tries to talk me out of that lol. Ill go back to my old usual cos I love their sausages.

Um.."accidentally" bought nail polish...??!!

That sounds like the way I "accidentally" buy books...& other things Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-06-2024, 03:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(29-06-2024, 01:19 PM)popeye333 Wrote: A productive morning for us all.

I went and got my pills, accidentally got a beautiful Deep Crimson Maroon Nail polish called, "A-Rose at dawn.. broke by noon. " Thought it was a cool name. Had to use the magnifying glass to read it tho lol.  It was half price too.  Ill make time to apply that this week.

I've gone through MrP's wardrobe,  Have stuff for the Oppies, rubbish and recycling. Just one box and bag to go through. I will bring them into the lounge and sit while I do it.

Might Move the single bed into that room.  It has a double wardrobe, but Ill be able to put stuff away ion there now. And use the other spare room for storage of saleable stuff.

Um.."accidentally" bought nail polish...??!!

That sounds like the way I "accidentally" buy books...& other things Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Its a terrible affliction to have eh Lilith.. Didnt help that it was half price and I had a credit so treated myself lol.
morning ladies Smile It must be winter lol, more fog.

The nail polish sounds pretty, popeye Smile I 'accidently' buy stuff too, it just kinda falls into the trolley Tongue

I counted around 25 waxeyes at the two feeding stations yesterday afternoon. We've never had so many and it's no wonder the sugar water goes so quickly.

Yesterday was freezing, we got to 11 degrees and the fog never lifted until after lunch. The sun peeked out for 10 minutes if that then disappeared. The perfect day for stitching the runner. I've pulled all the threads to the end of one side now and have six 'peaks' to weave before I work on the last 11 on the other side and end.

We have flies back, big black ones. I thought they were a spring thing but maybe it's not cold enough to kill them off.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Good morning.

It's cold but the sun is shining in a blue sky. 

Just as well there are good bargains to be had often, when our eyes are looking where they're not meant to! My GD knows where my nail polish is,  lol.

Yesterday, we had a bit of a walk up nearby Papamoa hill ... it was like a highway with people going up/down in both directions while the sheep sat chewing their cuds in the sunshine.  We didn't get far as DH leg won't allow him to yet but it's a good place to walk with plenty of parking and huge areas of young native planting. 

No plan for today ... I'm waiting for a little embroidery kit which will include pen, frame, patterns and cottons to practice all the stitches. Then I can have a go on the jacket, hopefully knowing what I'm doing!

Better get the washing out in the cold. 

Enjoy the day all.
Morning  all 
Over cast  and chilly out.

Can't beat a pretty nail polish. DGD1 knows where I keep mine  and usually the first thing she does when they visit on a weekend  is go get the colour she wants for this week. Ritual mini manicure.

Took us all morning to do final clean at old house wiping kitchen shelves and skirting boards  hard on knees and back.

No tv connected yet  so we put together a wee table with drwer which will house sky box(tg the new ones are size of a router). Went well so no eminent  divorce, have a buffet to do next.

Got bit more unpacking to do, set up cat litter box for tomorrow feline will not be best pleased being confined.
Got it set up in guest toilet. 
Couple more bo es and  bedroom unpack will be completed, even got a load of washing on so domestic  routine continues.

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
(Yesterday, 08:32 AM)Roma Wrote: Good morning.

It's cold but the sun is shining in a blue sky. 

Just as well there are good bargains to be had often, when our eyes are looking where they're not meant to! My GD knows where my nail polish is,  lol.

Yesterday, we had a bit of a walk up nearby Papamoa hill ... it was like a highway with people going up/down in both directions while the sheep sat chewing their cuds in the sunshine.  We didn't get far as DH leg won't allow him to yet but it's a good place to walk with plenty of parking and huge areas of young native planting. 

No plan for today ... I'm waiting for a little embroidery kit which will include pen, frame, patterns and cottons to practice all the stitches. Then I can have a go on the jacket, hopefully knowing what I'm doing!

Better get the washing out in the cold. 

Enjoy the day all.

Practice? Know what you are doing? Ahhhh, maybe I should try that....

A pair of summer sandals I love are starting to be an issue because the fused ankle is making that foot twist. So, I had a bright idea to extend their life...

Now I have to figure out how to undo that bright idea.  Rolleyes
(29-06-2024, 03:31 PM)popeye333 Wrote:
(29-06-2024, 03:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Um.."accidentally" bought nail polish...??!!

Its a terrible affliction to have eh Lilith.. Didnt help that it was half price and I had a credit so treated myself lol.

Its just a cross that some of us have to bear as best we can - & isn't there some law against NOT buying something at half price??! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Good morning everyone

Very late. But Sleep is good for me now. Was 9-20 when Madam woke me up, but I had moved from the bed to the chair at 6amish lol.

Grey clouds today. It rained last night.

Once Im finished here Ill do the last box and bag in MrP's room. I've figured out how I want the furniture in my head. Not too much to move around. And Ill pace myself.

Why is it that after you get a new nail polish you succeed in breaking 3 nails before you get a chance to put it on,,, dammit lol Will do it later tho.

Enjoyed my tea last night. Not gurnard but that's ok and I have enough for tonight too. That's why I go there, cos they have yummy sausages and their special packs work out very reasonable.

Have a fab day all

(Yesterday, 10:50 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(29-06-2024, 03:31 PM)popeye333 Wrote: Its a terrible affliction to have eh Lilith.. Didnt help that it was half price and I had a credit so treated myself lol.

Its just a cross that some of us have to bear as best we can - & isn't there some law against NOT buying something at half price??! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

It would simply be a Sin Lilith lol
I indulged in some Kester products in their Christmas warehouse sale and one was a strengthening overnight application thing. Which actually works! It doesn't help the splitting down the ridge lines I have developed as I age, but if I keep my nails shortish that isn't a major issue, but boy, it cuts back on the flaking and peeling business.

And their polishes were only $10...
(Yesterday, 10:58 AM)popeye333 Wrote: Good morning everyone

Very late. But Sleep is good for me now.  Was 9-20 when Madam woke me up, but I had moved from the bed to the chair at 6amish lol.

Grey clouds today. It rained last night.

Once Im finished here Ill do the last box and bag in MrP's room. I've figured out how I want the furniture in my head. Not too much to move around. And Ill pace myself.

Why is it that after you get a new nail polish you succeed in breaking 3 nails before you get a chance to put it on,,, dammit lol  Will do it later tho.

Enjoyed my tea last night. Not gurnard but that's ok and I have enough for tonight too. That's why I go there, cos they have yummy sausages and their special packs work out very reasonable.

Have a fab day all

(Yesterday, 10:50 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its just a cross that some of us have to bear as best we can - & isn't there some law against NOT buying something at half price??! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

It would simply be a Sin Lilith lol

Well..if its not, it should be! Rolleyes Big Grin

(Yesterday, 11:04 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I indulged in some Kester products in their Christmas warehouse sale and one was a strengthening overnight application thing. Which actually works! It doesn't help the splitting down the ridge lines I have developed as I age, but if I keep my nails shortish that isn't a major issue, but boy, it cuts back on the flaking and peeling business.

And their polishes were only $10...

Perhaps we should look at it as helping that business stay afloat; or even helping the economy... Rolleyes
That particular sale focused on product with packaging damaged during the cyclone, so it was that rescue mission that persuaded me to buy myself a ridiculously frivolous christmas present.
Will look into it Hunni

The strengthener i got was a 14 day things and I dont think it has helped much at all.

Ive actually all but done the new Single room.. Just run out of steam to move a couple of boxes into the spare storage room. And it looks pretty.

Time to rest and do my games
Good things take time popeye! My nails got better, but not overnight...
Morning all 
Still dark so can't see what its like out

Never had much luck with nail hardeners my nails are terrible at moment all that cleaning. 

Off to let carpet cleaner in  and collect  cat from cattery after that

Enjoy your day
Morning everyone

Quite Still outside at the mo.

I ended up moving my cookbooks last night.. Wasn't far but its tidied the lounge a bit more. And I have sorted them a little better. Kiwi Cooks are the largest number by far.

Off to see the girls today. So that will be my rest. Taking a couple of diamond paintings up to show Dianne. They are Indian chief's with Motorbikes and one has a wolf. Her Hubby is a petrol head, both bikes and cars.. I would give them a Indian brand Motorbike t-shirt but it would swim on both of them. She is interested in buying anything in that way for her man.

My knee has coped. And I really feel like I had a near normal weekend. It has lifted my spirits.

Have a fab day all.
morning ladies Smile It's a tad overcast so we're expecting rain. Looks like the bird feeders need topping up again.

We took some more bricks to Rotorua yesterday and had an enjoyable afternoon with my sister-in-law. Came home with more goodies for the garden lol. She has a rose in mind which means another trip to Wairere Nursery with her shortly.

Our carpet is in desperate need of a clean, didn't help that the Furry One threw his dinner up onto it last evening. Lots of cold water! I wouldn't have minded but he was so close to the kitchen floor!

Today I need to buy more bird seed and plant the new plants. MrK is going to phone the plumber about the loo. Will be good to have that sorted.

More stitching later this afternoon. I took some progress pics yesterday and can't believehow much has been done since the last photos in May.

happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Good morning. 

It's cold and overcast.  Rain on the horizon. 

Good to have the pets around again Mica. I hope your feline not as protesting as my boy used to be with confinement! He had the Burmese yowl down pat!

No GC duties today so the day is mine. Might pay to be prepared for rain this afternoon with outside jobs first thing. 

Glad your knee coping now Popeye ... keep up with the physio exercises, they've really helped DH.

Lol OHH, I'm a visual learner hence the  embroidery kit for practice and reference ... hopefully here soon. 

Cuppa finished,  better move. 

Stay warm and dry all.
Persisting raining and  chilly outdoors southerly blast.

One k9s poorly so vet visit blood tests this morning and will need abdominal ultra sound  sad dog sad owners.
Feline back an d prowling  and very vocal.

So need to venture out again to get meds and do supermarket run for DD