Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Five shopping bags of books and only half a bookshelf cleared... and it's not a big shelf either. How on earth does that work lol. I will admit to the shelf sagging a bit...
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Im not going to say YAY But Pity the shooter wasn't a better shot.

Trump had a sore ear, the shooter was killed.

Pity they didnt aim better.. it was always going to happen
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Maybe their aim was perfect.
(14-07-2024, 06:05 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Maybe their aim was perfect.

And very conveniently dead...so we can never know for sure.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
George Clooney has done the US electorate and the world a great disservice- saying Trump needs to be stopped at all cost when political zealots on both sides of politics over there have ready access to guns .Instead of undermining Biden -Clooney and his mates should have kept out of politics in my humble opinion - frightening for world peace and world trade and then there is their internal politics .At least the media might give Biden a break now
Well yes. All those lovely shots of the heroic President escaping death and fighting on...

Oh boy. What a marketing coup!
(14-07-2024, 08:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well yes. All those lovely shots of the heroic President escaping death and fighting on...

Oh boy. What a marketing coup!

Yep Hunni - the consequences are mind blowing -you watch Trump will make Ukraine cede land to Putin and claim he brought peace - the shooter was only 20 years old - what a waste of a life especially when it is probably going to result in the lunatic winning
Isn't it interesting though how in this world these days we seem almost eager to look at alternative explanations for the things that happen in front of our noses? Maybe we have been scammed, conned, lied to - so often, seen so many special effects, so many digitally enhanced or even computer generated 'realities' that our critical thinking faculties almost require us to toss a cup full of salt over everything we experience through the media... Maybe we have all become Doubting Thomases instead of naive Nellies.

Yesterdays tragedy is one of those life events that mark a bend in the road. We do indeed live in interesting times.
morning ladies Smile It looks pretty rough out there weatherwise so far.

Well, that was quite the day yesterday for Trump and his supporters. The Americans (and us to a certain degree) now have a man who thinks even more so he is invincible. Funny how the opposing political side is sending their 'thoughts and prayers for his recovery' and are condemning the shooting when deep down, I bet they are sorry the shooter missed. The Americans are very good at sending 'thoughts and prayers' and doing very little else. Biden is now (in my opinion) in an even bigger pickle with the investigation as to how this happened. The results won't matter. The Republicans will twist the narrative to suit them (as they are doing already) and the Democrats will be seen as the ones who instigated it all regardless. Trump will dine on this forever and in the eyes of his followers, rightly so. He was seen mouthing 'fight on' or something similar to that when being whisked away. Violence begets violence and I am only surprised someone didn't take a pot at him much earlier than this. Phew... that's my political rant for now lol.

Today MrK has his mammogram, and we all know what they are like lol. He was asking me last night what to expect and I told him to follow the technician's instructions and you will be fine. OK, I smirked a bit when telling him that lol. It will be followed up by an ultrasound during the week. It is a worry with all these health issues popping up and I guess we'll tackle them one at a time.

Still beavering away on the runner, about a third of the way through the end bit so not far to go now to finish.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning everyone

Yucky here too.

Totally agree. Trump will ride this wave, probably right back into being the president again.

That boy, as he had only just graduated college etc., had guts is what Ill say. I feel sorry for his parents. Likely I guess that they had no idea how he planned and where he got the gun.

The Guy that covered his family and died has only been mentioned briefly.

I know one thing tho, I would not want to have a hubby in the SIS? SAS? they basically covered trump, protecting Trump from being shot again. I wouldn't want anyone I love doing that job.

Kiwimade I too had my own wee sniggles when MrP had his Mammogram. He seldom admitted anything nasty for women but he said It wasn't pleasant but also not something he cared to do every two years or so.

One of those things you can only describe so much. They have to have it done to understand.

Should be going to the home today.. I will contact Dianne and see how she is. I might stay home so she can have a good catch up with her Mum. its over a week since she saw her.

I do have to pop up to bank some money so will be getting wet anyway. lol

Have a fab day everyone
Good morning.

Rain will be wecome, if it doesn't last too long. 

Wow, what a different scenario had that bullet found its mark.  Interesting that the shooter was a registered Republican but typically, a bullied outcast. A shame innocent victims were killed and injured. More turbulence ahead for American politics, as if there isn't enough already!

Groceries needed this morning and then I'm picking an inside day.  Just need to sew up the beanie and can move onto the next project. 

Enjoy the day all.
Morning  all 
Fine day expecting rain rest of week.

Enjoyed meeting most of the people on our street yesterday all very friendly bunch.

Didn't get much done yesterday  busy today  been gym got person coming  to do measure and quote for blinds(I think that might  change). Got 2nd bod coming on Wednesday it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Meeting this afternoon, followed by audit visit so will need to write report  tonight 

No hand work on the go  at the moment  need to get some inspiration. 

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Tatty cat has a clean bill of health from the senior vet who thinks she might have had a close encounter with a bigger cat and suffered minor injury that has healed, but more importantly a bad scare that put her on hyper alert for a few days. Apparently that can upset tummies. But she's now vaxed, parasite treated and checked head to toe beans and pronounced 'a lovely little cat'. She was very well behaved...

One thing the earlier visit didn't pick up on, she's actually half the age I was told when I adopted her. Not seven, but just over three years old, so with luck she will see me out not the other way round!

All'n all a good day, if a tad expensive!
Oh dear - poor America. Not looking good for them now that Trump is almost certain to become President again, & if that happens then I think quite a lot of the more wealthy people who aren't his supporters might leave the USA & move elsewhere. Canada seems likely, being so close but some already have property here.

Miserably cold & raining here so may only venture out for the obligatory walk.

That's good news re the cat Hunni & she's probably learned a bit of caution too.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Good to hear your four legged friend has a clean bill of health even better the update on her hopefully increased longevity
Had a chat to me niece late last night who is in the US working on joint research to develop biscuits for starving kids like in the Gazza strip - they are really close to having a smaller biscuit which takes up less valuable space on the truck convoys but packs a punch nutritionally - she is very thankful Trump didn’t die she said it is so volatile over there if he died there would have been civil mayhem .She said the extremes on both sides of politics is unbelievable - but security around politicians has been cut back - one of the young Kennedy family is running as an independent and he was refused any security - but she is very wary about why the shooter wasn’t dealt to when the first security officer went up the ladder and saw the shooter - he climbed back down the ladder - call me suspicious but !!
Trump is certainly not open to our exports going into the US - he proved that - the niche exporters not the big companies who will lose jobs - my son exports waste pine milled into thin timber to make mainly cheese boxes which doesn’t sound terribly important but it’s 6 jobs in a country town where there are few options - he exports other stuff that uses up what would normally be wasted - it’s the jobs that matter
Was lovely to see Katherine at the tennis looking so well
Awful day here supposed to have no rain after 2pm but won’t count on it - starting to get cabin fever
Going to make some tamarillo chutney - only have 2kg but by the time I add apples and onions will make it worthwhile - I hope
Great news Hunni

Wonder how the age of your girl got messed up. But yes with your TLC I'm sure she will live a long time. Sometimes they need a scare like she has had.

Your right Jan. If he gets in the world will be a mess. Especially when it comes to the wars and who is siding with who.
There was a break in the rain, so like the idiot I clearly am, I ventured out in order to save myself doing it tomorrow instead. Approximately ten seconds after I'd gone too far to turn & come home, it started to rain again.
Of course it damn well did - I sometimes wonder if there isn't someone up there going 'Quick she's ventured out, turn the taps on!'
I am playing with my denim collection again, this time I have taken the sleeves out of a dark denim jacket. It is amazing how many layers of stitching there are in these things, all to be unpicked with cut threads pulled and edges neatened, before I hand stitch a piece of antique ribbon around the inside to cover the turn back.

And then the fun will begin. Maybe some more pearlies? Or sashiko? Or both...
morning ladies Smile It's dark outside, we must be having more rain today.

Why not both, OHH Tongue That's good news about puss and nice to know her age.

MrK had his mammogram yesterday and said, 'it wasn't too bad'. The look on some of the waiting ladies' faces was priceless when he went in instead of me lol. But the receptionist told us they see roughly 3 -4 men a week. I didn't realise so many men used this service.

I will finish the stitching on the runner today Big Grin There is only a small bit to do before I finish the cutting around the edges. You will all hear the woop-woop when I've finished lol. Good timing too as my sister-in-law is visiting this week and she can take it home with her.

Happy crafting Smile
Good morning.

The sky is grey, the ground is saturated and the air feels damp after a deluge of rain over the last 24 hours. A sea fog is now appearing.

Glad puss is deemed hale and hearty OHH. That must be a rare event to find out your pet is a lot younger than first thought!

Have a visit to a friend to make this morning and a few jobs to do while out.

An all in one cardi on the needles for about to be 1 year old niece. Nothing like a  time constraint to get it knitted quickly!

Good work on the final leg of your piece KM. Lucky SIL!

Time to move. 

Enjoy the day all.