Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
A masterpiece KM. You are very talented ... a lot of time has gone into that beautiful work. 

The day has got progressively worse as the rain has set in.  A few jobs to do out this morning including ferrying Mr R back and forth for his car WOF which scraped through ... this time!

Time to hunker down now with my knitting and leave the "what's for dinner"  decision for a bit longer!
That's a stunner KM, a work of art & sure to become a family treasure.

I tend to also be slightly sceptical re the Trump shooting..

Cold & misty here today but ventured out earlier & managed to get a board game for great Gramdson's xmas gift. Its called Beat the parents...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Oh Kiwimade its truly beautiful..

Yes stitch a little label, even if you dont want your name on it. Put the date on it at least.

Had a nice time painting at the home. Irene saw me as soon as I walked in. When I walked over to her she leaned forward to grab me. Shes been so lonely without Dianne going in.. She didn't let me get far away, that's for sure.

I asked her if her other daughter was going in and she said no, yet Dianne said Lorraine has said she was going in. So I hope she's just forgetting. Cos there's no excuse for Lorraine not to go in.

She didn't eat much today either.

The lunch was nearly up there with the crappy pork and apple casserole that started all our complaining 3 years ago. Tough chicken covered in their Famous crappy gravy. Some had pretend mashed tatties and others had lumpy real mashed tatties. Corn kernel's and cabbage.

Today. 5 years AFTER getting the Tiida I discovered I have fog lights lol.. There was a weird light on the dashboard. Stopped at the garage on my way out, but they had all gone up for smoko. So I said Ill stop in on my way home, pulled in and went to turn the lights off to discover the extra switch which is a thin strip on the lights controller. So I backed out again lol...
MrP would be laughing his head off lol
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
MMmorning everyone

Chilly here and still dark.

Up early so the smoke alarm people can come and check that stupid alarm. Hope they come early really. ThenI can get out and do my shopping and come home.

Wow interesting to see that rare whale in the South Island. I'm glad they are going to be able to learn more about it before they do what is respectful for it.

And just a day after the warnings about walking on the frozen lake a New Zealand sportsperson fell through. Not sure if it was like yesterday or in the past. But I hope it gets through to people about how stupid it is.

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile Thick fog here as well and still people drive without lights. Don't they realise it's more to be seen, than to see. lol and yes, popeye, cars have fog lights Tongue

Thank you for the kind comments about the runner. It felt strange not having it in my hands last evening and my wrist feels a bit sore this morning. Stitching must help in that department! Our granddaughter has chosen blues and greens for her wolf, so this will be interesting and fun to do. I love kids' sense of 'adventure' when they play with colour, it could teach us a thing or two. I've found a free colouring page of a 'zentangle' wolf which will be perfect to embroider with lots of texture and should look great on the back of a denim jacket. Button pictures seem to be the 'thing' and a good way to use them. Seems we are all 'on trend' at the moment lol.

I saw that article about the whale a few days ago. Amazing eh, how there have only been six found six the 1800s and five of them here in NZ. There is still so much to discover about the world, and it makes me think how much we have lost without discovering them.

The techinician is coming on behalf of Genesis this morning as our not-so-smart smart meter isn't sending our data to Genesis. If we have to go back to having the meter read, they can dam well give us our money back for fitting the new meter.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Good morning. 

Cool but lovely sunshine. Damp air after more rain over the last 24 hours.

That wolf will look very cool on the back of a jacket ZM. I guess you will be doing it separately that can be attached. I'm wondering if that is the way to go for the jacket I'm going to do but need to think what material to use.  

No plan for the day.  Hopefully can get into the garden. The cardi back and fronts 1/2 done.  The 1yo birthday (party) is on 10 August!

I hope the tooth feels better today OHH. Toothache is the worst.

Better move. 

Enjoy the day all.
The plan is to embroider directly onto the denim and maybe hand sew fabric inside the jacket to hide and protect the wrong side.  I am hoping the picture will fit between the two heavy main seams of the jacket's back and I can use those seams and the yolk seams to attach the fabric.  If the picture doesn't fit, I will resize it and make it work!  Channeling Tim Gunn here from that Project Runway programme lol... make it work!
Morning  all 
Raining misty about the hills. 

Like the description  of the wolf project sounds like fun.

I am tired the poorly k9 has taken to wake up early 4.20 this morning he did lie back down when  told to but then I was awake, we all up 5.50am far too early don't know how long I can sustain  this with out a nana nap in the afternoon. 

Had a lovely day  in city with DGS doesn't take much to make kids happy by just spending time with  them.

My morning at the warehouse will take the fish and chip vest that I finished last night we really low on knitted garments.

Food hunt after lunch then hope to  get into sewing cave to alter some swimwear to wear while on our holiday next month.

Enjoy your  day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
(18-07-2024, 07:56 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: morning ladies Smile  Thick fog here as well and still people drive without lights.  Don't they realise it's more to be seen, than to see.  lol and yes, popeye, cars have fog lights Tongue

Thank you for the kind comments about the runner.  It felt strange not having it in my hands last evening and my wrist feels a bit sore this morning.  Stitching must help in that department!  Our granddaughter has chosen blues and greens for her wolf, so this will be interesting and fun to do.  I love kids' sense of 'adventure' when they play with colour, it could teach us a thing or two.  I've found a free colouring page of a 'zentangle' wolf which will be perfect to embroider with lots of texture and should look great on the back of a denim jacket.  Button pictures seem to be the 'thing' and a good way to use them.  Seems we are all 'on trend' at the moment lol.

I saw that article about the whale a few days ago.  Amazing eh, how there have only been six found six the 1800s and five of them here in NZ.  There is still so much to discover about the world, and it makes me think how much we have lost without discovering them.

The techinician is coming on behalf of Genesis this morning as our not-so-smart smart meter isn't sending our data to Genesis.  If we have to go back to having the meter read, they can dam well give us our money back for fitting the new meter.

Happy crafting Smile

Lol I knew they did Kiwimade, just didn't know mine did until yesterday lol. 

Oddly my Scottish friend in Wellington comments on my fb post and asked Don't all cars. ? I said no, and in the old days you just put your lights on Dim.  lol. 

She then discovered their old Land drover doesn't lol
Popeye - the update your mechanical knowledge made me smile
The night before my old boy passed it was a beautiful evening - I had made a lovely Caesar salad his favourite but he suggested I took the dog for a quick run at the park and we would eat later - we had a very difficult garage to back out of somehow I knocked the hazard lights on when I was part way out - I had no idea how so couldn’t switch them off so grabbed the manual it was all in Japanese - went back into the house old boy chuckled - he was attached to his oxygen with a long cord so he wandered out to the car shaking his head at the angle the car was on - switched them off wandered back in and sent a text to Robie telling him in a humorous way that he was going to be need to my mechanic banker and home handyman - Robie was on his way home from work so decided to pop in - we all had dinner together and sat around chatting until about 9.30 - old boy tested his oxygen which was good wandered off to bed as he went through the door he turned to Robie and told him that having a laugh with him was better than a gin and tonic - he never woke up .We have often talked about that night
(18-07-2024, 12:23 PM)Jan Wrote: Popeye - the update your mechanical knowledge made me smile
The night before my old boy passed it was a beautiful evening - I had made a lovely Caesar salad his favourite but he suggested I took the dog for a quick run at the park and we would eat later - we had a very difficult garage to back out of somehow I knocked the hazard lights on when I was part way out - I had no idea how so couldn’t switch them off so grabbed the manual it was all in Japanese - went back into the house old boy chuckled - he was attached to his oxygen with a long cord so he wandered out to the car shaking his head at the angle the car was on - switched them off wandered back in and sent a text  to Robie telling him in a humorous way that he was going to be need to my mechanic banker and home handyman - Robie was on his way home from work so decided to pop in - we all had dinner together and sat around chatting until about 9.30 - old boy tested his oxygen which was good wandered off to bed as he went through the door he turned to Robie and told him that having a laugh with him was better than a gin and tonic - he never woke up .We have often talked about that night

Oh Wow Jan, it was meant to happen that way for sure... A memory you will never forget. 

I remember years ago being soo busy gassing to my friend in the car as I backed out of the garage and "Parked" the car on the side of said garage. 

MrP was soo angry about it , friends hubby heard him from 3 houses away. He wandered up. Checked we were ok.. We were trying not to laugh while MrP ranted. And the friend told him to shut up. Cars can be fixed, the girls are fine and to stop being an egg. lol. 

Sold said car complete with the damage a week later lol

Edit to add. It was soo cold this morning I took a hottie for my lap and Hand in the car. I dont use the heater cos I cant breathe in hot air.

Got so warm the hat and knitted jacket came off.. nearly home and discovered the Fog is still down. First time its been down this long in the last 20 years.

And its still not warm
Oh that is a lovely end story Jan. One of the best - good? things about my losing Colin, was the fact we had had one of those talks on the Good Friday evening before. You know the ones, the real heart to heart talks where we lay out our plans for the future and be grateful for where we are. We both agreed we had never ever been happier in our lives and were so glad to have each other.

Ever since I have been very clear with the people I love, and those I really feel grateful to have on my life. Because we just never know when it is all going to come to a close. And when it does, no regrets makes the grieving just that little bit easier. And at times like that even the tiniest bit of solace helps.

(18-07-2024, 02:03 PM)popeye333 Wrote:
(18-07-2024, 12:23 PM)Jan Wrote: Popeye - the update your mechanical knowledge made me smile
The night before my old boy passed it was a beautiful evening - I had made a lovely Caesar salad his favourite but he suggested I took the dog for a quick run at the park and we would eat later - we had a very difficult garage to back out of somehow I knocked the hazard lights on when I was part way out - I had no idea how so couldn’t switch them off so grabbed the manual it was all in Japanese - went back into the house old boy chuckled - he was attached to his oxygen with a long cord so he wandered out to the car shaking his head at the angle the car was on - switched them off wandered back in and sent a text  to Robie telling him in a humorous way that he was going to be need to my mechanic banker and home handyman - Robie was on his way home from work so decided to pop in - we all had dinner together and sat around chatting until about 9.30 - old boy tested his oxygen which was good wandered off to bed as he went through the door he turned to Robie and told him that having a laugh with him was better than a gin and tonic - he never woke up .We have often talked about that night

Oh Wow Jan, it was meant to happen that way for sure... A memory you will never forget. 

I remember years ago being soo busy gassing to my friend in the car as I backed out of the garage and "Parked" the car on the side of said garage. 

MrP was soo angry about it , friends hubby heard him from 3 houses away. He wandered up. Checked we were ok.. We were trying not to laugh while MrP ranted. And the friend told him to shut up. Cars can be fixed, the girls are fine and to stop being an egg. lol. 

Edit to add. It was soo cold this morning I took a hottie for my lap and Hand in the car. I dont use the heater cos I cant breathe in hot air.

Got so warm the hat and knitted jacket came off.. nearly home and discovered the Fog is still down. First time its been down this long in the last 20 years.

And its still not warm

The fog horns on the harbour have been sounding off all morning. They stopped about an hour ago, and now the sea fog has come back to cocoon us. Just as well I did my Takapuna run to Winz at midday under glorious blue skies. I got a bit cross though at Winz, I had to go to hand over the dentist form for the surgery next week, and for the first time in all these years I was asked for photo ID, and told I must present it in future. Seeing my photo IDs are all well expired I was told I have to get an 18 plus card.

Fuck that. I am 72 years old, never broken a law, born and bred in this country, and a Winz client at that office for way too long and they want me to prove myself? Nope, aint going to get the card designed to let teenagers drink in pubs. Grrrrr...

Oh well, the woman says, it just means we have to get every bit of paperwork seen by the manager and it'll take longer.

Uh huh... Double grrrrr, lol!

But yes, they'll pay the $300 to the dentist, so that's good!
(18-07-2024, 02:38 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh that is a lovely end story Jan. One of the best - good? things about my losing Colin, was the fact we had had one of those talks on the Good Friday evening before. You know the ones, the real heart to heart talks where we lay out our plans for the future and be grateful for where we are. We both agreed we had never ever been happier in our lives and were so glad to have each other.

Ever since I have been very clear with the people I love, and those I really feel grateful to have on my life. Because we just never know when it is all going to come to a close. And when it does, no regrets makes the grieving just that little bit easier. And at times like that even the tiniest bit of solace helps.

(18-07-2024, 02:03 PM)popeye333 Wrote: Oh Wow Jan, it was meant to happen that way for sure... A memory you will never forget. 

And its still not warm

The fog horns on the harbour have been sounding off all morning. They stopped about an hour ago, and now the sea fog has come back to cocoon us. Just as well I did my Takapuna run to Winz at midday under glorious blue skies. I got a bit cross though at Winz, I had to go to hand over the dentist form for the surgery next week, and for the first time in all these years I was asked for photo ID, and told I must present it in future. Seeing my photo IDs are all well expired I was told I have to get an 18 plus card.

Fuck that. I am 72 years old, never broken a law, born and bred in this country, and a Winz client at that office for way too long and they want me to prove myself? Nope, aint going to get the card designed to let teenagers drink in pubs. Grrrrr...

Oh well, the woman says, it just means we have to get every bit of paperwork seen by the manager and it'll take longer.

Uh huh... Double grrrrr, lol!

But yes, they'll pay the $300 to the dentist, so that's good!

I'm very lucky I don't often have to deal with Wankers, they seem to be even more obsessed with ticking every box than they were last time I saw one of them. I think I've got a passport somewhere if I really need it.
Finding it might be a mission though..

Another miserable day - the sun came out just long enough to allow me to believe that it was a good chance to catch up on all that washing, & rush about like that proverbial fly with the  blue derriere, gather it all up & get the lot done, before it beetled off again. There may have been some swearing involved.

After I sorted it all out I took myself to library to pick up a book on hold & had a nice surprise - they no longer charge for holds! Brilliant! I thought the inner klutz had struck again when it wouldn't let me pay the charge so quite nice to find it wasn't my fault.
So pleased was I by such excellent news that I ventured into several shops in hopes of inspiration re birthday or Xmas gifts - & came home knackered.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I agree Lilith - we had been told that he still had a way to go so while we knew it was coming fast - it was awful he went from competing in Ironman to 24 hour oxygen stuck in a chair or bed - he had a solution ready but Mother Nature beat him to it - but was so proud at his funeral my kids and grandkids told amazing stories about their conversations with him - he used to say often to Robie to not to forget to stop and smell the roses as it’s no good being the richest man in the cemetery- he said at the funeral his father probably thought he had smelled too many roses as he had never kissed him so much or told him he loved him -
We have all fallen out with my sister - I have tried several times to make peace even though it is all her doing but she keeps knocking me back but I keep trying just in case - beggar for punishment as Mum would say !
Sometimes editing family members is as much for them as it is for us. I am sure mine would agree.

The cousins though, they are treasures!
morning ladies Smile Looks like we're in for a rough weekend weather wise Smile

What a lovely story about your husband, Jan Heart We should be so lucky to have things go a similar way when MrK's time comes.

MrK got the all clear with the ultrasound as well as the mammogram Big Grin We consider ourselves very fortunate.

I'm feeling a little lost with no embroidery in my hands until I can buy a jacket. I have some purple denim so might have a tutu with a piece of that and see how the stitches I plan to use work on it. And I have the colours to choose as well, one of my favourite parts of embroidery.

Yesterday the five shopping bags of books were taken in for the book fair. Those cheap shopping bags are tough and can take a heavy load. It's good to have them gone and a bit of space for replacement books come the October fair.

Housework today and the birds need more of their puddings. They are scoffing them quickly but as the days warm up, I will cut back on their food. We only leave water out in the summer.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all 
Fine day 

Appointment in city this morning well absolutely  no traffic so only  16 minute drive instead of the 40 min I allowed. I think I might have to get a hot chocolate to fill in some time. Too early so Shops not open yet.
Need to pick up a few things before I head back home

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Good morning. 

The forecast rain has arrived. 

So nice to have such happy stories to remember loved ones by. It makes the lives of those who are left so much easier. My GC love to hear about the "old days"  Heart

Groceries and parcel postage today.  I've wrapped it myself rather than buy a pre-paid bag.  I wonder if I'll save anything Huh

Nearly finished the main of the cardi ... sleeves to do and I can get embroidering. Like you KM, I have ideas running through my head!

Stay warm and dry all.
Morning everyone from a very wet old Auckland.

Hunni if you decide to get photo ID you can have a photo put on your Gold Card. And Winz should have been able to tell you that. You go to AA. I had mine put on years ago when I was piggy backing on MrP's pension and I was only 46. that will shut them up.
So many there have an attitude that its Their Money they are giving you and they get bonuses for not giving it to you too.

MrP's last words remained at "What's up my a*se" and that totally suited him. Im just glad it wasn't Take me home.

His Fathers funeral was the best one I've been to. Pop wanted all the grandkids there and wanted them to be able to play and talk. With some asking very clearly why was Pop in a box. I will say there were a couple of raised eyebrows. But mainly from those who never spent long enough with Pop to know it was his wishes.
Oddly the Only person that cried was Me. And that was cos I was really feeling sorry for MrP's fave Neice who it his really badly. But she managed to stay dry eyed.

I've got to do my blood this morning. And then supposed to be off to the home.. I really want to, but I really could use the break too lol... But Ill go and know I will enjoy it.

Good MrKs tests got the all clear Kiwimade..

Have a fab day everyone
Now that is a very handy bit of advice, thank you popeye. I had thought of getting a pic on my debit card, but the Gold card would be even better, lol. I shall investigate.