Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Morning everyone

The sun is out but watery.

She had family but no friends. I heard from her Daughter who said it was a shock. I guess It was for her. but in my mind at 92 you know it gets closer each day. And I know she was waiting to be with Patch, and wasn't moving out of the house until she was taken. So she got her desires, right to the end.

No plans as such today.. I will wash the waffle maker out and mix the dry ingredients etc and have everything ready for tomorrow.

Realised sometime early this morning it was 6 months since MrP on Thursday. Time has flown by.

Talking of houses I found a cute smaller one on TM last night but have asked about photos of the kitchen. If I dont like the kitchen nothing else matters much.

Have a fab day all
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
So she got the end that she wanted, Popeye.

Cold again but at least the sun is popping out now & then so risked a bit more washing. The lawn has got quite long with all the rain over the last couple of weeks so will have to get to it as soon as its dried out enough - oh joy!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(21-07-2024, 10:46 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: So she got the end that she wanted, Popeye.

Cold again but at least the sun is popping out now & then so risked a bit more washing. The lawn has got quite long with all the rain over the last couple of weeks so will have to get to it as soon as its dried  out enough - oh joy!

Yep it was the only thing she wanted. 

Didn't want to go into a home to draw out her life . She was going blind. Used to sit and watch her church on a massive tv. but didn't go out, didn't have friends visit apart from us on the shared driveway.

And we only joined her circle in December when Patch started getting sick.

So it was a short friendship. But watching her fade was hard, but we knew she just wanted to be with Patch. 

Jess has their Dog Jack until the family know what they will be doing with him. He was a constant companion to both of them.
Lucky woman, I think...

The dog will need special love. Our companions grieve as we do, sometimes harder.
Poor dog, I hope he gets a home with family rather than going to a shelter.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
What sort of dog is Jack and how old? If Jack ends up having to go into a shelter which would be terrible, maybe I could take him instead if there is no other option. I'm down in Christchurch so it would be a bit of a juggle if there is no other good option.

Since Stella my dog got sick and in the end had to be put down I have really been missing having a dog and it has been over a year now.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jack is a brindle Staffy Mix Id guess. Age,,, ummm I know Maureen did tell me the vet guessed. But I cant remember what she said. Ill see if Jess knows

He was a rescue. He's an adorable munchkin to be honest. And once Patch went he stayed very close to Maureen and looked after her.

Jess my neighbour 2 doors away has been running him since early December. He put a lot of weight on when Patch couldn't walk him, when he had his hip replaced.

Will wait and see what the Family decides, at the mo he is staying with Jess and her daughter who love him to bits. But I know she only rents so might not be allowed to keep him. He's a good guard dog too.

Ill let you know tho zqwerty... Heck I was part of a trip that got a Kitten from Mangere Auckland, down to Wellington once for Thistle on TMMB. Would be fun to arrange again lol.

Steamed pudding is cooking. Have ingredients etc prepared for tomorrow's waffles..

And its soo nice here I have doors and window's open and Im not freezing lol
Thank you so much popeye333, I really like Staffy type dogs.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
That would be briliant, if it happens. My eldest had a staffy years ago; tons of personality.
I am another staffy fan. So loyal, so eager to please.
Jack mourned Patch so I expect him to mourn Maureen too.

He is a leaner, likes to be close. But he seemed to know my knee was bad cos he always went to my left leg.

He knows how to tell you he wants to go outside to pee.

And a very good guard dog too
morning ladies Smile We're in for a rough day weatherwise.

Our pets do mourn, and not just for their owners. We had cats that were brother and sister and when we had to put the brother to sleep, his sister slept in all of his hidey holes for two weeks. She had never slept there before and didn't after the two weeks. We saw it as her way of mourning her loss. I hope this staffy will have a great family home as they are awesome dogs. Zqwerty, there is a trucker that takes dogs and sometimes cats, to new homes across the country, often for animal charities, sometimes for people who have bought a dog a long way from where they live. I'm not sure of his fees but next time he pops up on my FB page, I'll get his name and link for you if you are interested.

MrK has decided he can't come with me to the Irish dancing on Thursday as his back just won't cope so my sister-in-law is coming in his place Smile and we are both looking forward to it. I'll have to be back over the Kaimais by 8.00pm as they are closing SH29 for a few nights for night road repairs.

I see Biden has finally stepped down. Gosh, that took a lot of convincing. He's been in politics 50 years, so probably a tad hard to let go. He's endorsed Kamila Harris. When he took her on as his running mate five years ago, I thought she might be groomed to be the next President. It will be a different election now, that's for sure.

I've started the embroidery on the jacket. It's heavy so can only do bits at a time. Luckily, I have until September to finish.

The garden desperately needs weeding, but the ground is still cold and wet. Some of the daffs are starting to colour up and the magnolia has buds. The magnolia across the road is in full flower. When it finishes, our tree flowers so we have a long 'magnolia season' between the two gardens.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Yes thank you kiwimade64, may be useful information if the dog does not get a suitable home where it is now.
Morning everyone

I will talk to Jess and ask if she knows what is happening re Jack. We are meeting tomorrow , as a catch up to remember Maureen and Patch. And will let her know that we have a solution to the problem.

OMG did anyone see the Orana Park story on the news last night. I sat there with tears streaming down my face.. The whole place needs a bloody good shake up or, close it altogether and bring the animals up here.

I hope trump is shaking. Kamala will give him a run for his money. I think I saw that Obama wasn't keen on her. ? Will be interesting. Maybe there is more to the suggestion that Michelle should run. Either would be good.

Off to do Waffles today. Thankfully I packed my bags yesterday cos I've woken up with a sore knee. Its actually been really good for the last 5-6 days, not even using anything stronger than Panadol. Have dosed up this morning tho.. And Dianne will help me today which is great. We make a good team.

Had another 3 sales yesterday, so it makes it easier to get through each week. Heaps of FPO's too.

I need to now Correct the Aussie friend who was annoyed at Mahe Drysdale winning the Tauranga Vote . She said people who are on the council should at least live there... He went to school there, his grandparents were from there. She needs to do some learning... I think he could be Very good for them.

I did tell her last night to have a look at how many MP's actually live in the area they run for.

Have a fab day all
Thanks so much popeye333, I'm worried that the dog Jack goes to a good home, if they find a solution where he is then that is all good.

I will be fine down here, sooner or later a new dog for me will turn up, I am not actively looking because I am a bit worried being so old I may leave a younger dog behind who really has come to love me and that would be wrong.
Good morning. 

Back from the school/kindy run (along with dealing with 1st day back at school nerves) and it was very wet underfoot. At least the sun is shining and it's very warm. 

I read the blurb Trump wrote on his social page about Biden stepping aside. What a nasty piece that man is.  Heaven help America if he's at the helm.

Nice to read that there is a potential new home solution for Jack. It makes for sad reading the amount of pets lost and found on the local FB pages lately.  Too many being dumped.

I couldn't watch that Orana Park item Popeye. It was bad enough listening.  Animals are always at the bottom of the heap during hard economic times.

Mr R passed Mahe walking the beat while he was out on his bike yesterday ... on the new walkway. Obviously out doing some PR. We have heard mixed messages about him ... time will tell!

Better get something done.  Baking is in short supply ... might start there. 

Enjoy the day all.
(22-07-2024, 08:49 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Thanks so much popeye333, I'm worried that the dog Jack goes to a good home, if they find a solution where he is then that is all good.

I will be fine down here, sooner or later a new dog for me will turn up, I am not actively looking because I am a bit worried being so old I may leave a younger dog behind who really has come to love me and that would be wrong.

There are always older animals - like us - in need of kind new homes, in all the shelters. They are the ones left behind when families go to adopt new companions, people seem to want puppies and kittens, before them. Since moving away from purebreds I have had three older (supposedly, lol) beasties and each has given me so much joy. If Jack doesn't come to you, I urge you to open your home to a local older rescue dog. The perfect friend is waiting and you might just save a life.
Morning all 
Raining  expect it to brighten up later.

Had nice day out yesterday
Been to gym and taken poorly k9 to have more  bloods taken to see how his liver function is  tracking 
Cut out some togs and  all in one body suit with long sleeves and shorts for DGD1 so that she has more than  set of swimwear for our holiday. Sewing those up today.

DH watching final round of British open so he occupied for a while

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
that walkway along Ocean Beach Rd is awesome, roma. What a pleasure it is to walk along it. Interesting times indeed for the new Tauranga Council. One of my sisters-in-law lives in Tauranga and she was dead keen to see the commissioners removed. You will be the first in the country to have a council for four years, roma. A good test to see if changing voting from three to four years is worthwhile.

We also saw the Orana Park story, and it broke our hearts. It reminded us of that lion park further north to a certain extent.
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Yes KM, that new walkway is fabulous. Nicely planted out and so wide for everyone to pass each other .... whether on foot or those with wheels ..... prams, skateboards, bikes etc.