Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
“Never argue with someone whose TV is bigger than their bookshelf.”
Emilia Clarke

“To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of shit.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”
Walter Cronkite

“Don’t try to make life a mathematics problem with yourself in the center and everything coming out equal. When you are good, bad things can still happen. And if you are bad, you can still be lucky.”
Barbara Kingsolver
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
J R R Tolkien

“It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”
J R R Tolkien
Top 40 A.C. Grayling Quotes (2024 Update)

https://quotefancy.com/a-c-grayling-quotes

This guy was in my Secondary School classes for a while, he was noticeably smarter than the rest of the schoolmates then and it looks as if that trend has continued.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._C._Grayling
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Love some of those quotes, he must be an interesting character.

“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge; it will heal nothing.”
J R R Tolkien

“His grief he will not forget; but it will not darken his heart, it will teach him wisdom.”
J R R Tolkien
“I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to.”
J R R Tolkien

“A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men.”
Roald Dahl
“If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books.”
Roald Dahl

“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
Roald Dahl
"It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.”
Roald Dahl

“I have a passion for teaching kids to become readers, to become comfortable with a book, not daunted. Books shouldn’t be daunting, they should be funny, exciting and wonderful; and learning to be a reader gives a terrific advantage.”
Roald Dahl
“What I want is so simple I almost can't say it: elementary kindness. Enough to eat, enough to go around. The possibility that kids might one day grow up to be neither the destroyers nor the destroyed.”
Barbara Kingsolver

We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery.

H.G.Wells
Sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been and remember the person you were meant to be. The person you want to be. The person you are.
H.G.Wells

If there is no God, nothing matters. If there is a God, nothing else matters.
H.G.Wells
“Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”
Robert Louis Stevenson

"Make the most of the best and the least of the worst. “

Robert Louis Stevenson
"The man is a success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much; who has gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who leaves the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in others and gave the best he had. "
Robert Louis Stevenson

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well."
Jack London