Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.

For some reason, the most vocal Christians among us never mention the Beatitudes (Matthew 5). But, often with tears in their eyes, they demand that the Ten Commandments be posted in public buildings. And of course, that's Moses, not Jesus. I haven't heard one of them demand that the Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes, be posted anywhere. "Blessed are the merciful" in a courtroom? "Blessed are the peacemakers" in the Pentagon? Give me a break!

Kurt Vonnegut
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The world is full of people who are very clever at seeming much smarter than they really are.

Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside

Kurt Vonnegut
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.

A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.
Kurt Vonnegut
Future generations will look back on TV as the lead in the water pipes that slowly drove the Romans mad.

While on the subject of burning books, I want to congratulate librarians, not famous for their physical strength, who, all over this country, have staunchly resisted anti-democratic bullies who have tried to remove certain books from their shelves, and destroyed records rather than have to reveal to thought police the names of persons who have checked out those titles. So the America I loved still exists, if not in the White House, the Supreme Court, the Senate, the House of Representatives, or the media. The America I loved still exists at the front desks of our public libraries.
Kurt Vonnegut