Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
“Is politics nothing other than the art of deliberately lying?”
Voltaire

“Let us read & let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
Voltaire
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers & to the sound of trumpets.”
Voltaire

“Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
Voltaire
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
From Reddit

It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“Love truth but pardon error.”
Voltaire

“I don't know where I am going but I am on my way.”
Voltaire
“Crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive.”
Voltaire

“Doubt is an uncomfortable cindition but certainty is a ridiculous one.”
Voltaire
“Now, my good man, this is no time to be making enemies.” (Voltaire on his death bed in response to a priest asking him that he renounce satan.”
Voltaire

“Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important.”
T.S. Eliot
“The difference between genius & stupidity is that genius has its limits.”
Albert Einstein

“You have your way & I have mine. As for the right way & the only way,it does not exist.”
Friedrech Nietzsche
“We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
Anais Nin

“Children are made readers in the lap of their parents.”
Emilie Bunchwald
“When war breaks out & people say:'It won't last, it's too stupid'. And war is certainly stupid, but that doesn't prevent it from lasting.”
Albert Camus

“Politics is the only profession where you can lie, cheat & steal & still be respected.”
Mark Twain
“Death is the physician of the poor.”
Irish saying

“A library is not a luxury but one of the neccesities of life.”
Henry Ward Beecher
“People will come to love their oppression, to adore the technologies that undo their capacities to think.”
Aldous Huxley

“To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it.”
Kurt Vonnegut
“We're not going to change women to fit the world.We're going to change the world to fit women.”
Gloria Steinem

“In a librarywe are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by an enchanter in paper & leathern boxes.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“A well read woman is a dangerous creature.”
Lisa Kleypas

“Think of those rivers of blood spilled by all those generals & emperors so that, in glory & triumph, they could become momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.”
Carl Sagan