Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandate protesters
(18-12-2021, 08:11 PM)egem Wrote: I didn't feel stressed or confused reading it. And I would hope people realise the pamphlet is exaggerating for effect and no one is actually going to need 120 boosters. Fairly easy to check that claim though if people are confused or concerned.
That actually made me laugh,  "exaggerating for effect " , otherwise known as disseminating misinformation.
I'm amazed you can keep a straight face when saying that...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thing is, you are not an ignorant person. You are a critical thinker. Many people are not. They will be confused by this rubbish.

As for divisiveness, when we have two sides of course there is division. But some are exploiting that for their own purposes. And that is a worry.
(18-12-2021, 08:24 PM)king1 Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 08:11 PM)egem Wrote: I didn't feel stressed or confused reading it. And I would hope people realise the pamphlet is exaggerating for effect and no one is actually going to need 120 boosters. Fairly easy to check that claim though if people are confused or concerned.
That actually made me laugh,  "exaggerating for effect " , otherwise known as disseminating misinformation.

I'm not sure why. According to the poster who received the pamphlet it stated multiple times it was satire. Satire uses exaggeration to make its point.
Its probably being funded by the bottom feeder Tamaki, and yes it WILL confuse the elderly that dont know any better and think its real when its not only exaggerated but totally utter bullshit,  and if it keeps me safe Ill get a booster every six months
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
First you need to know what satire is.
(18-12-2021, 08:30 PM)egem Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 08:24 PM)king1 Wrote: That actually made me laugh,  "exaggerating for effect " , otherwise known as disseminating misinformation.

I'm not sure why. According to the poster who received the pamphlet it stated multiple times it was satire. Satire uses exaggeration to make its point.
 tiny off-white text on a white background that can't really be seen - but it's certainly shown that satire can be used to spread misinformation...

(18-12-2021, 08:35 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: First you need to know what satire is.
Interesting, so I googled
Quote:the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues

So essentially by using satire these [insert insult here] are criticizing everyone's stupidity and vices

These are clever people, deliberately setting out to confuse not so clever people. It is not honest.

Regarding this bit from the MOH "no further plans for ongoing boosters have been announced", we have seen just in the last few months how things have changed and we know that similar statements made regarding mandated vaccinations and the introduction of passports have also changed. So I can forgive people viewing such statements now with a bit of skepticism.

As for creating divisiveness, unfortunately that is already here. You only need to look at some of the comments on this and other message boards to see it.
  Fabulous - me neither. Smile
But you & I aren't everyone else are we, & probably we both know some people who may be stressed & perhaps confused by this. The idea that we're all going to have to get 120 booster shots is unappealing to most of us, in particular those who have a phobia around needles & rather misleading as they simply do not know that is fact. Yet they deliberately chose to mislead confuse & add to divisiveness.

A bit of healthy scepticism is always a good idea with any govt but this goes beyond that.  I'm not sure why the change to needing a booster shot is upsetting to some - during a pandemic any govt needs the ability to adapt & make changes as circumstances change; we'd be in far worse shape had the govt not done so when needed.

Any respect this group may have wanted to gain has largely gone out the window, thanks to this pamphlet.

Divisiveness may well already be with us but this particular attempt at what is in some ways, scare tactics, doesn't help at all & is in fact more likely to worsen the situation by spreading uncertainty.  Dodgy

And that does no one any good at a time when we all need to as far as possible, work together to cope with the pandemic.

(18-12-2021, 09:00 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: These are clever people, deliberately setting out to confuse not so clever people. It is not honest.
I'd very interested in just who's funding them; their uniformly printed placards were rather eye catching due to the quality, in contrast to the more usual hand painted  protest placards, & as I said, these pamphlets are well printed & on good quality paper which is very unusual for most pamphlets dropped in letter boxes.

Its unlikely any of that would come cheap. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The domain name is registered to Clair Deeks
https://www.google.com/search?q=Claire+Deeks

She has some interesting associates; a quick google brought up this:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-real-n...B7YPHZDNQ/

"The advent of The Real News has drawn together Advance NZ and Voices for Freedom with the publisher of the magazine, Auckland's Jonathan Eisen and his wife Katherine Smith.

In an interview with the Herald, Eisen and Smith disputed questions over the accuracy of their content, saying articles contained links to research that supports their assertions.

Among articles that have raised questions was Eisen's publication in 2015 of footage that purported to show an alien on a stretcher. In an article published with the photograph, Eisen wrote that the image of the "dead alien" was from the 1940s and probably from an incident at Roswell in the United States.

However, it emerged the image was taken from a 2006 film called Alien Autopsy starring British celebrity duo Declan Donnelly and Anthony McPartlin, better known as Ant and Dec. Despite evidence of the hoax, Eisen stood by his article."

The Voices for freedom group has been booted off FB for spreading misinformation.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-12-2021, 04:02 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The Voices for freedom group has been booted off FB for spreading misinformation.

ive been kicked off Facebook for pointing out this hypocrisy.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I have to laugh magoo, some things are just too funny not to be appreciated!
(18-12-2021, 06:08 PM)egem Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 03:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Those 'voices for freedom' nutters have been busy - in my letterbox today was an official looking form  on slick, smooth & good quality paper with the words 'Vaccinate Aotearoa" at the top.

Underneath 'Avoid disappointment; book your next 120 boosters in bulk. Covid 19 vaccinations have been shown to be most effective within a 13 day window. In order to protect yourself, your whanau, & your community, twice monthly boosters are now required.
Demand for boosters  is likely to be high in order to maintain vaccine passports validity & access to haircuts, employment, education, services, fun & life in general, so reserve your future 'coercion-free' vaccine's now!
Below that is a n official looking form with spaces for name address, ph no. etc etc & spaces for dates to get vaccinated with stipulated 'must be by' dates.

Under that in tiny letttering it says to submit completed form to www.HumanPinCushion.co.nz, & beneath that in even smaller font it says that the vaccine hasn't been shown to prevent people passing on or catching the SARS-Cov-2 virus then a bit about adverse reactions & how you might need a crash cart standing by for boosters.
At he very bottom in bold it says Note: this is NOT an official document. It is designed to make you think. Did it make you consider what lies ahead? if yes, get informed at Voices for freedom.co.nz.
On the back in small letters very pale grey on white background, making it difficulty to read for anyone with sight problems it says multiple times  satire satire."
Lyflong boosters - 2021v1.0

You can say one thing for covid - it certainly brings nutters out into the open. Dammit.

At this stage we don't know where this will all end and who is to say we may not require 6 monthly boosters in the future in order to keep ourselves healthy. Why is thinking about this possibility a bad thing?
There,  fixed that for you.

(18-12-2021, 08:30 PM)egem Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 08:24 PM)king1 Wrote: That actually made me laugh,  "exaggerating for effect " , otherwise known as disseminating misinformation.

It apparently stated this on the BACK of the pamphlet in small hard to read font in a colour which largely blended with the paper.  A LARGE number of folk reading this pamphlet wouldn't even notice this 'disclaimer'.  What a crock of crap any way - it says Covid vaccines have not been shown to reduce the potential to be infected and pass it on - that's blatantly incorrect.  
The people who put that pamplhet out should be arrested for deliberate endangerment of public health due to dissemination of deliberately incorrect information.  And JAILED - for a long time !  Idiots they might just put someone off being vaccinated and the end result if that person catches Covid could be death !
(20-12-2021, 07:04 AM)Me+Me Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 06:08 PM)egem Wrote: At this stage we don't know where this will all end and who is to say we may not require 6 monthly boosters in the future in order to keep ourselves healthy. Why is thinking about this possibility a bad thing?
There,  fixed that for you.

Please don't quote me back and then change my words. If you want to make a point find another way to do it. And no, you didn't "fix" it for me. Keeping yourself healthy may be the main reason you got vaccinated but you can't assume everyone is the same.

(20-12-2021, 07:04 AM)Me+Me Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 06:08 PM)egem Wrote: I'm not sure why. According to the poster who received the pamphlet it stated multiple times it was satire. Satire uses exaggeration to make its point.
It apparently stated this on the BACK of the pamphlet in small hard to read font in a colour which largely blended with the paper.  A LARGE number of folk reading this pamphlet wouldn't even notice this 'disclaimer'.  What a crock of crap any way - it says Covid vaccines have not been shown to reduce the potential to be infected and pass it on - that's blatantly incorrect.  
The people who put that pamplhet out should be arrested for deliberate endangerment of public health due to dissemination of deliberately incorrect information.  And JAILED - for a long time !  Idiots they might just put someone off being vaccinated and the end result if that person catches Covid could be death !

According to the poster who received the pamphlet it said the vaccination hasn't been shown to prevent people passing on or catching the virus which, unfortunately, we know is correct. According to you though, it says they haven't been show to "reduce the potential" to be infected and pass it on. Why is your version difference?
We know from the statistics - no assumptions - that vaccination helps keep our community healthy. Like clean water, pedestrian crossings, fire trucks, and drivers licencing.

We rarely see people protesting those mandates.
(20-12-2021, 10:27 AM)egem Wrote:
(20-12-2021, 07:04 AM)Me+Me Wrote: There,  fixed that for you.

Please don't quote me back and then change my words. If you want to make a point find another way to do it. And no, you didn't "fix" it for me. Keeping yourself healthy may be the main reason you got vaccinated but you can't assume everyone is the same.

(20-12-2021, 07:04 AM)Me+Me Wrote: It apparently stated this on the BACK of the pamphlet in small hard to read font in a colour which largely blended with the paper.  A LARGE number of folk reading this pamphlet wouldn't even notice this 'disclaimer'.  What a crock of crap any way - it says Covid vaccines have not been shown to reduce the potential to be infected and pass it on - that's blatantly incorrect.  

According to the poster who received the pamphlet it said the vaccination hasn't been shown to prevent people passing on or catching the virus which, unfortunately, we know is correct. According to you though, it says they haven't been show to "reduce the potential" to be infected and pass it on. Why is your version difference?

the vaccine is not black magic.
you can catch and transmit Covid while fully vaccinated.
it is highly unlikely to kill you.
if an unvaxxed person catches Covid from another unvaxxed person the result is hospitalisation.
the science predicts it, the numbers prove it, with frightening accuracy
Unchecked the virus becomes more virulent and mutates at a much faster rate.
once vaxxed your relationship with Covid dramatically changes.
to stop it demands critical mass of the populous.
think measles.
Think syphilis.
syphilis got napoleon
For the record...

[Image: Purple.jpg]