Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can we cancel Christmas??
I hate Christmas, and I have been told that I  can't stay home alone.

Can't someone cancel it?
You can stay home alone if you want to. I hate Christmas too. It is not a fun time for me at all. It's too full on, and I don't like that for me.

I've decided I'm not going anywhere. I don't want to go anywhere. I'm staying home. Alone. I will love it.

As I'm getting older, I am learning to say no, without feeling like I am being selfish, because it's not being selfish. It's taking care of yourself and your needs, and not appeasing others.

Sending you a Christmas hug (((HUGS)))
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
My sister refuses to take "no" for an answer.
(24-12-2021, 02:54 PM)olwen Wrote: My sister refuses to take  "no" for an answer.
Not trying to be rude olwen, but your sister is not hearing you. I see this as being her issue, and not yours.
Maybe you have a voice inside that says you are being selfish to say 'no'. I hope not, because it's truly not selfish.

For me, it was hard to say 'thanks but no thanks'. To see the faces of disappointment did hurt, but I felt strong in what I needed.
Heart
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
Ok I just heard, Christmas is officially cancelled... Apparently Santa fell off his sleigh and is now too scaredy pants to get back on it...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(24-12-2021, 03:08 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 02:54 PM)olwen Wrote: My sister refuses to take  "no" for an answer.
Not trying to be rude olwen, but your sister is not hearing you. I see this as being her issue, and not yours.
Maybe you have a voice inside that says you are being selfish to say 'no'. I hope not, because it's truly not selfish.

For me, it was hard to say 'thanks but no thanks'. To see the faces of disappointment did hurt, but I felt strong in what I needed.
Heart
My sister regards it as part of her role in life to keep me from being a hermit. Quite  tiresome.
(24-12-2021, 03:44 PM)olwen Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 03:08 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Not trying to be rude olwen, but your sister is not hearing you. I see this as being her issue, and not yours.

Heart
My sister regards it as part of her role in life to keep me from being a hermit. Quite  tiresome.
She probably means well.
I'm not allowed to ignore it either & anyway I've got grandkids & great grandkids who might be upset if i didn't make an appearance at least for an hour or so. With xmas loot, obviously.
Seriously they do understand that I'm not great at social stuff so I'm expected to not stay long; the grandson who feels the same usually brings me home which is his excuse for getting the hell out - its just a few too many people at one time. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Tell your sister that you are self-isolating because you may have been exposed to Covid. That should get her off your back.
(24-12-2021, 03:44 PM)olwen Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 03:08 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Not trying to be rude olwen, but your sister is not hearing you. I see this as being her issue, and not yours.

Heart
The introvert in me, and the me that suffers anxiety, is happy being a hermit. I know that my family don't really understand, but that's for them to sort out. It's not like I've not explained it a million times. They think I'm not happy. I am happy. I wish they would  leave me be, until I'm ready to face the world. Make me feel guilty, and I will go into my shell.
I had four people tell me I couldn't be alone at Christmas.

I told each of them very sweetly to fuck off and die.

Now I get to eat all the chockies myself. Good eh?
(24-12-2021, 04:09 PM)Olive Wrote: Tell your sister that you are self-isolating because you may have been exposed to Covid.  That should get her off your back.
I considered that. She had a sniffle earlier in the week, and had a test, then had to isolate until she got  the result.  I told her that I would have a test today.
(24-12-2021, 04:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I had four people tell me I couldn't be alone at Christmas.

I told each of them very sweetly to fuck off and die.

Now I get to eat all the chockies myself. Good eh?
Sounds entirely reasonable to me.
But I know what would happen if I tried that & those grandkids of mine have had experience digging a grave... Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Oh yes, it doesn't work with family. You have to get really serious with them.

Best not...
(24-12-2021, 06:23 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh yes, it doesn't work with family. You have to get really serious with them.

Best not...
Well. We had xmas in the park this year - great idea, worked really well for all of us.
And then it started to get windy & cold; I was wearing an opshop special pair of trousers  with an Indian print design. The fabric is quite thin.

A granddaughter put a rug over my lap! Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes

Its a lucky thing for her that I'm quite fond of my grandkids, although it might have been better if she hadn't smirked as she did so. For her... Angel Big Grin Big Grin