Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Cool and quiet here in the silver city. Kind wishes to all who celebrate the day, I am hoping the body will let me open the big bag of chook and sheep poo pellets to feed the bit of dirt I want the next lot of beefsteaks to grow in. I am very happy with the big handful of green fruit on their parent plants so I'm hoping these lateral cuttings will follow suit into Autumn.
morning ladies Smile  MrK has taken over breakfast duties as he does every Christmas morning so I've snuck away to visit here before the madness kicks in.

The rescue helicopter has just flown over, I hope who ever needs it will be OK.  Some start to their Christmas.

Our son is still asleep and the Furry One is scratching at his door lol.  The Furry One has left two toys at his door so he obviously has plans for our son lol.

I  hope you all have a wonderful Christmas wherever you are in the country.  

Merry Christmas!
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Merry Christmas, everyone - I've just set the timer to remind me to turn on the oven, for the Christmas roast - a piece of pork shoulder.
I do have other cameras!
Pork fillet here, with a baked apple dessert, but that effort is a way off yet! All day to laze around, lovely thought.
Merry Christmas - hope everybody has a great day - heading up to my sons house about 11 no doubt there will be ham salmon and a fillet of beef on the BBQ - remembering Mums great big roast Xmas dinners cooked on the coal range when we were kids - better get cracking
Merry Christmas to all you crafty people! Lovely to see you all on here.

Christmas breakfast used to be a big thing when we had the family at home, but now we make it as easy as possible while keeping the spirit of it alive.
So just had croissants filled with berries and Creme Fraiche and drizzle of maple syrup, with Moet et Chandon (no idea where that came from but we've had it a couple of years in fridge) and orange juice. Now some coffee and CD of carols playing.
Then heading over to daughter's - she wants to have the roast chicken and Pav at lunchtime though we have always had it later in the past. Probably better for our digestion at luchtime!

In 2022 I have to start relearning how to knit and crochet (haven't done any since my teens), so that I can teach my granddaughter, so may come on here for some tips Smile
Have a fabulous day everyone.
Good Morning everyone and Merry Christmas to all.

I got my first Christmas Text just before 6am lol... Yes I went back to sleep lol.

I have one box to open shortly with Missy help no doubt lol.

Enjoy being with your families.. If you are travelling, please be careful on the roads.

Merry Christmas
morning ladies and welcome outsider Smile  Always good to have a new person joining us.

It was awesome to catch up with family we haven't seen for ages, especially those from Auckland.  Our grandkids were  so excited but soooo tired by the end of the day.   We ate more than we should, laughed a lot and had lots of memories of family we have lost.

Today our son heads home and I think I may just potter about and not do anything in particular.  

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all

We had a lovely day DIL parents hosted. We shared food prep and had excellent meal. Ate too much but it was all delicious. The ham I glazed turned well I think I might have  a new job for future christmases Big Grin

Got both kids and their families for lunch today so DD can have her Xmas with us. Thank good ess for left overs  Cool

Have a good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Was a lovely day most of yesterday.

MrP had dressed nicely and it was a good visit for an hour and a quarter lol.. I do worry tho cos I took him a pot of mussels and he hadn't put them in the fridge at 6pm last night..

I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and totally enjoyed it. lol.. Too hot to be bothered with hot food.. And I had my trifle for tea.. YUMMM..

Doesn't sound like much but even tho Im a big girl , I dont eat between meals until, Im reading at night. And I dont like the feeling of eating too much, or having heaps of left overs.

So it will be a repeat today. After I have popped up for some milk, I made wayyyy too much custard... Thats never a bother tho cos Ive always loved it.

Sounds like everyone had a lovely day...

Have an awesome day everyone
Good Boxing Day morning. 

It was a much better day temperature-wise yesterday at 26 deg and not the 31 deg, of the day before  Cry

Lovely day of good food and company spent yesterday with extended family and another day today with family. Another lot arrive from the SI tomorrow. Busy times, but it is good we can be outside if we choose and it all helps to get through the leftover food!

I think I might have overstepped the mark growing tomatoes from seed this year and not wanting to waste the seedlings that grew ... a dozen plants taking over the not very big raised garden  Undecided 

Enjoy the day.
I have that tomato problem too. I planted the laterals, and all but one survived!
Rainbow 
morning ladies Smile  Another nice cool start to the day so I'm up at sparrow's far* to get out into the garden.  Always something to do out there.  And as usual, the lawn needs mowing again.  It's only been a week but it looks like a hay paddock already.

I have to laugh at your tomato 'problem', roma.  Good thing tomatoes can be frozen or given away or turned into chutney and sauce.

My quilt and quilted bags were well received Christmas Day so am very happy with that.  It's always in the back of my mind when I gift handmade things it won't be appreciated.

I worked a bit more on my tui yesterday, am not overly thrilled with it but am getting there.  I've had a sty in my eye so my eye has been really sore the last few days.  I managed to pop the sty (gross, I know) and it has taken a while to come right and for swelling to go down.  So my tui has only had little bits at a time done to it.

Coffees finished, washing machine is beeping so good timing.  Yes, oh_hunnihunni, lol, it's an early wash lol.

Happy crafting. Smile Big Grin
Morning all

We had another lovely day with family yesterday.
Had an early night
Our toaster died Xmas eve so got to brave the shops this morning and go purchase a replacement. We usually try and avoid the shops at this time of year but needs must.
Sounds like everyone's gardens are flourishing
Have good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Overcast today but I cant say its any cooler. And its very still.

Im off to see MrP this morning.. he very kindly offered the new lady my old phone, which Im pleased about but at about 2-30 am I realised I havent taken anything off it, photos numbers etc. So Unless I can get it done this morning , "Bobbie" will have to wait a day or two. Ill make another appointment to be able to take it ion and show her how to use it.. Shes a sweet little pommie lady who I instantly clicked with. And she has befriended MrP and he is much better in his moods etc.

Ive had to laugh at people over eating and having left overs in the fridge. Christmas day and yesterday I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and my trifle for tea. No left overs to struggle with for days on end. Perfect lol.

Mica I wouldnt be keen on doing the shops either. Not with Covid about. I did pop into the supermarket yesterday but used the self serve so was in and out quickly.

Ouchies Kiwimade re the sty. Gosh I havent had or seen anyone with a sty for Many many years.

Have a fab day everyone
Morning all - up earlier than normal my cucumber has a problem and am about to give it a dose of baking soda cooking oil and dish washing liquid - hopefully it will work and I won’t have to use chemicals - the cheap tomato plants are rocketing along but the expensive little patio tomato isn’t value for money for sure
Had a lovely Christmas Day - my old boy would be so proud of his grandkids - it’s alwayś been the tradition that the men do the aftermeal clean up but the kids decided this year they would take over - all the cousins had a great time - no doubt my daughter in law had to rearrange her cupboards but it was lovely sitting back listening to them all having a great time together - they have had a difficult year at school and uni with the covid disruption but have all taken it in their stride .My only grandson is fourth generation going to my husbands old school and has been made a prefect so gets to wear his grandads kilt for formal occasions- shed a quiet tear
Going to be hot again - I didn’t put my car in the shed and it’s covered in spider web - it’s little tiny spiders but they certainly work hard - my neighbours back patio looks like it has snowed - I haven’t been in this house long but the neighbour has been in her house 35 years and has never seen it before - my car looked like a bridal veil hanging off the back
I understand how you are feeling about your tui Kiwimade - the blanket I am working on has been unpicked partially several times -I was hoping to have it finished for Xmas
Well better get cracking
My knitting has also been unknitted back several times - I simply will not learn that knitting dark blue under night lighting is a bad idea! Still only 35 more rows and the back panel is finished, that is the beauty of big needles and fat wool!

My Christmas dinner was strawberries and ice cream, I just ran out of enthusiasm, but I did cook last night and it was lovely with lots left to form a salad dinner tonight.

The target today is to get up the energy to start off my autumn sunflower plants to go in after I rip out the spent tomatoes. I am looking forward to those, I have big bunches of large green handful sized fruits which should be a true pleasure to demolish in a few weeks.
Hunni I bought myself one of those Daylight stand lamps years ago when Spotlight had a 50% off day - you can pull the light wands right over your shoulder and point them on your hands -it must be 15 years old touch wood have never had to replace the bulbs but I can see to use dark wool
I have a tall standard with a daylight bulb, I bought it for my aquariums and aquatic plants, which was fine. But I was raised in the showroom of our first ever lighting company and I am seriously brainwashed about interior lighting - the daylight bulb is just too harsh a light for me to be happy about. I just have to be more sensible about knitting at night, or accept a lot of unknitting in the mornings!

And with this huge fat wool, it isn't really hard to do!
morning ladies Smile Looks like rain today (yayy lol) and I was hoping our bin man would have been by now (he usually has) so I can mow the lawn and bin the clippings. If he isn't here shortly, I will go back to plan B and carry on with the garden.

Yesterday I trimmed back (hacked) plants that had finished flowering and were being just plain bossy along one fence line. There should be room for the dahlias now.

Speaking of binned, I have thrown the tui embroidery into the naughty corner until I can think of a better way to stitch it. I just can't get my mojo going with it. I have a quilt partially cut out so might work on that for a while. My hand stitched hexagon quilt is still on the go so I could do a bit to that too.

I also have one of those lights, Jan. It sounds the same as yours as I bought it 50% off from Spotlight years ago too. The light is harsh but brilliant for a dull day like today. And I have used the magnifying glass a few times too before I bought new glasses. MrK has also borrowed it to use in his workshop.

The swelling in my eye seems to be slowly going down but I look like I have a black eye so I probably bruised it too. Still, the pain has gone and I don't seem to need the eye drops as often.

Better make the most of the morning and do a bit more in the garden. I can always make piles of garden waste and bin them when the bins are emptied. Blimmen convolvulus, can't compost it as it loves the heat and grows.

Happy crafting Smile