Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another escapee
I see on Stuff 'breaking news' another person escaped, this time from Hamilton.  They have been caught, but there no details yet how long they were out for or if they have tested positive or not.
Its so incredibly selfish of these people to leave isolation. Not only for the risk they pose to the entire country but because it means all the people behaving themselves in isolation will need to be treated like dangerous prisoners too.
They really need to rush someone through the legal system (as they are doing now) so potential escapees can see what sort of punishment they are likely to get. They've been a bit vague with the first few morons.
Hire a "surplus to requirements" luxury cruise ship, anchor it in Auckland Harbour and quarantine all the returning passengers on board. Pretty simple to limit escapee's chances.
I wonder why this man has been named and shamed but the others haven't. Perhaps he's the wrong race and colour---white NZer.
An yet another escape!   This time in Auckland from the Waipuna Hotel where someone in their 60's climbed out a window and scaled a fence.  The have been caught.

The quarantine sites are leaking like a sieve.
Yes a 4th person to escape!
Lol what's going on?
Perhaps they are doing it for attention.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zeal...do-so-week
I see the third named one from Queenstown has his daughter saying he didn't do it 'intentionally' so I wonder what his intentions were. She said she tried to talk him out of it the day before so it sounds as if he had every intention of doing it. He didn't buy enough booze to make it worthwhile either but I doubt if he has it in custody anyway.
Cant they ask someone to order their booze for them and drop it off? lol
(11-07-2020, 08:22 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Cant they ask someone to order their booze for them and drop it off? lol
Apparently booze can't be bought by someone and dropped off, it gets confiscated.  They are only allowed a certain amount per day which can be bought through the hotel, apparently for rates cheaper than usual.
(12-07-2020, 01:15 PM)Kacee Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 08:22 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Cant they ask someone to order their booze for them and drop it off? lol
Apparently booze can't be bought by someone and dropped off, it gets confiscated.  They are only allowed a certain amount per day which can be bought through the hotel, apparently for rates cheaper than usual.
Makes sense for the accommodation to monitor alcohol consumption along host responsibility guidelines. Allowing residents/detainees to potentially get rat arsed would obviously be problematic.
(12-07-2020, 02:03 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 01:15 PM)Kacee Wrote: Apparently booze can't be bought by someone and dropped off, it gets confiscated.  They are only allowed a certain amount per day which can be bought through the hotel, apparently for rates cheaper than usual.
Makes sense for the accommodation to monitor alcohol consumption along host responsibility guidelines. Allowing residents/detainees to potentially get rat arsed would obviously be problematic.

Saves Noise Control being called out every night when parties get out of hand.
You would think that some sort of compromise could be made. Perhaps the hotel can allow a maximum number of drinks to be delivered each day?
(13-07-2020, 06:17 PM)nzoomed Wrote: You would think that some sort of compromise could be made. Perhaps the hotel can allow a maximum number of drinks to be delivered each day?
The quarantine hotels are discounting alcohol to detainees and have the experience in host responsibility in terms of inebriation levels. That sounds like a workable strategy.

It's about time these returning citizens took the privileges being granted to them in being housed in top quality accommodation at no expense to them rather than being self entitled prats. My partner's sister has spent time in quarantine in both Australia and Vietnam in the past months (due to changing employment situation) and both were well inferior to what NZ is currently providing.
(14-07-2020, 09:15 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(13-07-2020, 06:17 PM)nzoomed Wrote: You would think that some sort of compromise could be made. Perhaps the hotel can allow a maximum number of drinks to be delivered each day?
The quarantine hotels are discounting alcohol to detainees and have the experience in host responsibility in terms of inebriation levels. That sounds like a workable strategy.

It's about time these returning citizens took the privileges being granted to them in being housed in top quality accommodation at no expense to them rather than being self entitled prats. My partner's sister has spent time in quarantine in both Australia and Vietnam in the past months (due to changing employment situation) and both were well inferior to what NZ is currently providing.
There is a maximum number of drinks per day=6 bottles of beer OR 1 bottle of wine.

Australia and Vietnam don't have elections within the next few weeks otherwise our returnees would have been in camper vans, caravans etc.  Not many votes from those forced to live inside them for two weeks.