Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How incompetent is the government on a 1 to 10 scale
i say about 9
yes i know
Where 1 is "Completely incompetent" and 10 is "Completely competent"?

9 is a very surprising score coming from you Jim, so you're obviously very impressed by their almost stellar response. Lucky we didn't have that other lot in charge because the borders would have been opened long ago and the hospitals (suffering from decades of underinvestment) would have been well and truly overrun.
(20-08-2020, 11:30 AM)thephoenix Wrote: Where 1 is "Completely incompetent" and 10 is "Completely competent"?

9 is a very surprising score coming from you Jim, so you're obviously very impressed by their almost stellar response. Lucky we didn't have that other lot in charge because the borders would have been opened long ago and the hospitals (suffering from decades of underinvestment) would have been well and truly overrun.

sure, 9 years of neglect etcetc, labour are so good they have to drag helen clarks girlfriend out of her coffin again to "clean" up their mess
yes i know
I find it really funny... as a country we're doing better than most, yet people still think we've messed it up. I don't get it... Ah well, stupid people I guess.
(22-08-2020, 12:33 AM)s.monkey Wrote: I find it really funny... as a country we're doing better than most, yet people still think we've messed it up. I don't get it... Ah well, stupid people I guess.
oh yes plenty of stupid people all right, they will be voting cindy back in because she saved us, obviously you will be one of them. Lets shut the economy down for a few cases in auckland great idea, have you lost your job or are you one of the thousands of people who will be losing your job in the next few months? covid isnt the only issue facing this country AND we cant keep shutting down every few months for ever. Prior to covid the government cocked up pretty much everything they did and looks like they are still doing it  but we are doing better than most i suppose some people say.
yes i know
(22-08-2020, 12:33 AM)s.monkey Wrote: I find it really funny... as a country we're doing better than most, yet people still think we've messed it up. I don't get it... Ah well, stupid people I guess.
Agreed.

Over 100 days with no cases in the community.

Business would suffer way worse if the virus was let to rip through the community and no one able to work.
Look how much its cost Australia because they did nothing to stop its spread.

And in the US, people are out of jobs despite there largely being much, much less restrictions than us.
(20-08-2020, 11:30 AM)thephoenix Wrote: Where 1 is "Completely incompetent" and 10 is "Completely competent"?

If they had shut the borders when National suggested it, 2-3 weeks earlier, it would have been a virtual non event.  Nothing wrong with opening the borders to restart the economy BUT you don't let it run as this mob have done which is worse than expected now the mistruths/ lies are coming out.  Letting 7 busloads of non speaking English people return, refugees, tourists being seen and spoken to in the South Island is NOT closing the borders to all but returning Kiwis, I just don't believe many are.  Letting a man I know go out for a smoke on Day 12 and be joined by non tested 2 day returnees is not keeping us safe in any way.  We have been told lies, lies and more lies over PPE gear, flu vaccinations, testing of workers and those leaving isolation hotels etc. etc.  Hopefully it will now improve but, unfortunately, too late for many especially for the 2 million bees the keepers weren't allowed to go to when they could at Level 4.  I pity the young and yet to be born who will be paying this off for many years.  I don't care who gets in as there is one hellava mess to clean up financially and we will all suffer for it.
The pandemic is an unprecedented event; mistakes have been & likely will continue to be made because this is very much a learn as we go thing. I don't think there's a country in the world which has got every little detail right, nor is there likely to be.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-08-2020, 02:03 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The pandemic is an unprecedented event; mistakes have been & likely will continue to be made because this is very much a learn as we go thing. I don't think there's a country in the world which has got every little detail right, nor is there likely to be.
mistakes are labours forte
yes i know
NZ is doing considerably better than many other countries.
Apparently some on the right cannot bring themselves to acknowledge that & in fact some of their comments could be seen as indicating that they'd be happier if we were doing far worse because they'd then have genuine cause for complaint.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(25-08-2020, 11:28 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: NZ is doing considerably better than many other countries.
Apparently some on the right cannot bring themselves to acknowledge that & in fact some of their comments could be seen as indicating that they'd be happier if we were doing far worse because they'd then have genuine cause for complaint.
I don't see that we could be doing "far worse."    POTUS says it is allover for New Zealand.
(25-08-2020, 11:42 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote:
(25-08-2020, 11:28 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: NZ is doing considerably better than many other countries.
I don't see that we could be doing "far worse."    POTUS says it is allover for New Zealand.

The POTUS???! Oh well then if the POTUS says its 'all over' then we must be bound for hell in a handbasket; what with him being so very,very accurate.
And truthful... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(25-08-2020, 01:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(25-08-2020, 11:42 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: I don't see that we could be doing "far worse."    POTUS says it is allover for New Zealand.

The POTUS???! Oh well then if the POTUS says its 'all over' then we must be bound for hell in a handbasket; what with him being so very,very accurate.
yes i know
(25-08-2020, 01:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(25-08-2020, 11:42 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: I don't see that we could be doing "far worse."    POTUS says it is allover for New Zealand.

Do you seriously suggest that our PM is any better?
(26-08-2020, 02:55 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote:
(25-08-2020, 01:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The POTUS???! Oh well then if the POTUS says its 'all over' then we must be bound for hell in a handbasket; what with him being so very,very accurate.
Our PM works hand in hand with her medical professionals whereas the POTUS (or should that be POS) works in conflict with his and generally disregards science in general.
(26-08-2020, 10:19 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(26-08-2020, 02:55 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: Do you seriously suggest that our PM is any better?
Our PM works hand in hand with her medical professionals whereas the POTUS (or should that be POS) works in conflict with his and generally disregards science in general.
Just opposite ends of the same continuum.
I think current govt isnt thinking properly as Letting Aucklanders out of their area is a very stupid idea as they still have cases popping up. But I agree she needs let them open up Their bussinesses But keep them in Auckland.
So for that reason I give her 1.
(26-08-2020, 02:55 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote:
(25-08-2020, 01:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The POTUS???! Oh well then if the POTUS says its 'all over' then we must be bound for hell in a handbasket; what with him being so very,very accurate.

Given that I've yet to see the buffoon in the White house actually comprehend & take heed of any medical advice, putting it into practice to help save lives in his country,then that would have to be a yes. And our PM would have to be extremely dire in order to be as bad as or worse than the POTUS.

No country has a perfect leader, nor is likely to have but the reality is that by comparison NZ isn't doing so very badly. If it was,there wouldn't be so many enquiries from Americans wanting to move here; the numbers have gone up considerably since covid 19.
(26-08-2020, 11:27 AM)Ferrit47 Wrote: I think current govt isnt thinking properly  as  Letting Aucklanders out of their area is a very stupid idea as they still have cases popping up.  But  I agree she needs let them open up Their bussinesses But keep them in Auckland.
So  for that reason I give her 1.

This I do agree with.
I am concerned about more cases still in circulation in Auckland, main problem is the cluster is still set to grow also.

I guess if they are confident they have caught all their contacts through tracing, it might be OK, but there is still chance that there is asymptomatic transmission happening, since we already have seen its been caught off buses.

I would like to see the Auckland borders remain closed, while at the same time bring Auckland into Level 2.
(29-08-2020, 11:09 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(26-08-2020, 11:27 AM)Ferrit47 Wrote: I think current govt isnt thinking properly  as  Letting Aucklanders out of their area is a very stupid idea as they still have cases popping up.  But  I agree she needs let them open up Their bussinesses But keep them in Auckland.
So  for that reason I give her 1.

This I do agree with.
I am concerned about more cases still in circulation in Auckland, main problem is the cluster is still set to grow also.

I guess if they are confident they have caught all their contacts through tracing, it might be OK, but there is still chance that there is asymptomatic transmission happening, since we already have seen its been caught off buses.

I would like to see the Auckland borders remain closed, while at the same time bring Auckland into Level 2.
Just remember we are a team of 5 million.   Huh Big Grin