Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our freedoms are being taken away...
(22-01-2022, 01:38 PM)SueDonim Wrote:
(21-01-2022, 10:58 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: And to also add...
Unemployment is at an all time high, a certian number must be due to unvaxxed who have lost their jobs.
The damage to society is alot more than any increase in hospital admissions for a miserable percentage who didnt get vaxxed.
I have a friend who lost her place she was flatting in and had nowhere to go because the tenant  lost her job for not getting vaxxed and could not pay the rent.
The costs are going to be huge, Labour is supposed to be looking after the workforce, but seems to take delight in people loosing their jobs for the sake of a jab.

Most of the unemployment caused by vax status are people who have proven by their vax attitude that they are incapable of reading critically and understanding evidence. In the health professions you would have to question their competence to do their job. In the teaching professions they have proven that they are incompetent - it's what they are supposed to be teaching their students. The re-shuffling needed to cope with these losses is not great at this time, but ultimately the sooner those people move to more suitable careers the better.

The damage to society comes with hundreds/thousands of people being ill. During the lockdowns, essential services kept going for the benefit of us all. If everyone is ill, no matter how mild the illness, these essential services won't be able to stay open. If the supermarket has no staff, they will have to close. If the truck drivers are all isolating at home, no goods will be delivered and so on.

Your friend who lost her home did so because her flatmate was too stupid to get vaxxed.

Labour is far from perfect, but has tried hard to keep us safe from the virus and also keep the economy rolling. Some people have suffered but most are OK. Couriers are busy with people buying stuff. New car sales are high. People are eating out and buying takeaways. Our death rate from the virus has been one of the lowest in the world because our hospitals have been able to keep operating as normal. We're doing pretty well considering.
I agree.
(22-01-2022, 01:38 PM)SueDonim Wrote:
(21-01-2022, 10:58 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: And to also add...
Unemployment is at an all time high, a certian number must be due to unvaxxed who have lost their jobs.
The damage to society is alot more than any increase in hospital admissions for a miserable percentage who didnt get vaxxed.
I have a friend who lost her place she was flatting in and had nowhere to go because the tenant  lost her job for not getting vaxxed and could not pay the rent.
The costs are going to be huge, Labour is supposed to be looking after the workforce, but seems to take delight in people loosing their jobs for the sake of a jab.

Most of the unemployment caused by vax status are people who have proven by their vax attitude that they are incapable of reading critically and understanding evidence. In the health professions you would have to question their competence to do their job. In the teaching professions they have proven that they are incompetent - it's what they are supposed to be teaching their students. The re-shuffling needed to cope with these losses is not great at this time, but ultimately the sooner those people move to more suitable careers the better.

The damage to society comes with hundreds/thousands of people being ill. During the lockdowns, essential services kept going for the benefit of us all. If everyone is ill, no matter how mild the illness, these essential services won't be able to stay open. If the supermarket has no staff, they will have to close. If the truck drivers are all isolating at home, no goods will be delivered and so on.

Your friend who lost her home did so because her flatmate was too stupid to get vaxxed.

Labour is far from perfect, but has tried hard to keep us safe from the virus and also keep the economy rolling. Some people have suffered but most are OK. Couriers are busy with people buying stuff. New car sales are high. People are eating out and buying takeaways. Our death rate from the virus has been one of the lowest in the world because our hospitals have been able to keep operating as normal. We're doing pretty well considering.
And how is that my friends fault?
Ive met many people who are very academic who have not had the vaccine, quite a few to my surprise, sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed.

I agree we have done well keeping covid out in the initial outbreak, but with delta it proved a waste of time, was so funny how they started rolling out the vaccine last min once we had that outbreak, they should have done the rollout earlier.

All those adverts on the TV saying how much freedom we would get with the vaccine, depicting no one wearing masks, rubbing noses together, has everybody forgotten?

The whole irony here is that now Australia is crying out for nurses since they had to kick the unvaxxed nurses out of their job and now they want them back when it suits them.
How hypocritical!

The good news is that these mandates are not going to last much longer, was just watching on the news that Grant Robertson said that we cant afford to buy any more vaccines for a 4th booster, which is good as it would be a waste of money anyway, since this vaccine doesnt protect you against omicron anyway.
We will be probably the best part of 6 months before this updated booster is ready and by then omicron will be well behind us.
(23-01-2022, 12:56 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: .......
sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed.

Well given that you seem to move in CT circles of course there will be a disproportionate amount of unvaxxed people. It's not a reflection of the population at large.
The unvaccinated are a very small percentage of the workforce. Under 5%. But boy are they noisy. Talk about selfish entitled fuckwits. Still, their lost job is someone else's new career.

Unemployment is at one of its lowest points yet. Fact.

Your friend who lost her home did so because she chose to flat with a fuckwit. Her choice. Sad too because now she joins the large number of people looking for a new flat in a very inaffordable market. Like lots of other people.

And the longer the government has to spend time on covid responses the less time it can devote to making rentals a more affordable and available option for the increasing numbers of people who need them.

So stop speaking against these measures, get with the programme, and do your bit to lessen the load on the rest of us.
(23-01-2022, 12:56 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(22-01-2022, 01:38 PM)SueDonim Wrote: Most of the unemployment caused by vax status are people who have proven by their vax attitude that they are incapable of reading critically and understanding evidence. In the health professions you would have to question their competence to do their job. In the teaching professions they have proven that they are incompetent - it's what they are supposed to be teaching their students. The re-shuffling needed to cope with these losses is not great at this time, but ultimately the sooner those people move to more suitable careers the better.

The good news is that these mandates are not going to last much longer, was just watching on the news that Grant Robertson said that we cant afford to buy any more vaccines for a 4th booster, which is good as it would be a waste of money anyway, since this vaccine doesnt protect you against omicron anyway.
We will be probably the best part of 6 months before this updated booster is ready and by then omicron will be well behind us.
That's not what was said at all...

As i heard it the covid recover fund just needs a top up if we need a forth shot - far more likely that will happen if deemed necessary than some pie in the sky utopia of no mandated restrictions...

and no not your friends fault, just collateral damage from some other dumbasses bad decision
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
we are the last generations that will call these restrictions.
they will be considered part of everyday life in the future.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
After covid, there will be another. Bigger, badder, and better at killing us off.

It's called Climate Change and we haven't even scratched the surface of that beast.
(23-01-2022, 12:56 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: The whole irony here is that now Australia is crying out for nurses since they had to kick the unvaxxed nurses out of their job and now they want them back when it suits them.
How hypocritical!
.................................... this vaccine doesnt protect you against omicron anyway.
I very much doubt they want the UNvaccinated nurses back again.  
And yeah the Vax DOES indeed protect you against Omicron.  Not perfectly and not everyone.  You can still catch it.  You might not catch it as bad.  Of course you know all this. 
But you waddle along without getting vaccinated.  Good on ya.  Good luck to you.  You're going to need it.  I read every day about fools who wouldn't take the Vax and died.  You'll have plenty of company rofl.
i dont think ct has ever alluded to being unvaxxed?
(23-01-2022, 02:07 PM)Magoo Wrote: i dont think ct has ever alluded to being unvaxxed?
Well one could only hope they're not with that crowd of fools. But they do tend to give some suggestion of sympathy for the Unvaxed.  I don't.
(23-01-2022, 12:56 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(22-01-2022, 01:38 PM)SueDonim Wrote: Most of the unemployment caused by vax status are people who have proven by their vax attitude that they are incapable of reading critically and understanding evidence. In the health professions you would have to question their competence to do their job. In the teaching professions they have proven that they are incompetent - it's what they are supposed to be teaching their students. The re-shuffling needed to cope with these losses is not great at this time, but ultimately the sooner those people move to more suitable careers the better.

And how is that my friends fault?
Ive met many people who are very academic who have not had the vaccine, quite a few to my surprise, sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed.

I agree we have done well keeping covid out in the initial outbreak, but with delta it proved a waste of time, was so funny how they started rolling out the vaccine last min once we had that outbreak, they should have done the rollout earlier.

All those adverts on the TV saying how much freedom we would get with the vaccine, depicting no one wearing masks, rubbing noses together, has everybody forgotten?

The whole irony here is that now Australia is crying out for nurses since they had to kick the unvaxxed nurses out of their job and now they want them back when it suits them.
How hypocritical!

"Ive met many people who are very academic who have not had the vaccine, quite a few to my surprise, sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed."

If you continue to swim in the same tiny pool, then you're unlikely to meet anyone with a differing opinion. Rolleyes

Look around the world - we're not perfect but in comparison, we're not doing so very badly.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-01-2022, 02:14 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 02:07 PM)Magoo Wrote: i dont think ct has ever alluded to being unvaxxed?
Well one could only hope they're not with that crowd of fools. But they do tend to give some suggestion of sympathy for the Unvaxed.  I don't.
i dont doubt he wishes he werent vaxxed. he hates it. but beyond the irrational rhetoric lies a mind that wants a quid each way.
and why woulldnt one?
(23-01-2022, 02:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 12:56 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: And how is that my friends fault?

How hypocritical!

"Ive met many people who are very academic who have not had the vaccine, quite a few to my surprise, sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed."

If you continue to swim in the same tiny pool, then you're unlikely to meet anyone with a differing opinion. Rolleyes

Look around the world - we're not perfect but in comparison, we're not doing so very badly.
Easy for you to jump to your own conclusion isint it?
These are people I meet through work, not people I choose to have anything to do with!
I meet a fair few anti-5G loonies, flat earthers too and i have to put up with them ranting to me about their beliefs while im trying to fix a leak in their bathroom while on the other hand also meet others that are extremley pro vax and ask me about my vaccine status when I see them, which my reply is "my personal medical records are private and confidential" that shuts them up pretty quickly. They dont want to look like a fool and get charged for a callout if they force me to leave. Yes I have met a fair few what some would call "anti-vax" that are not what I would typically consider to be that kind of person, they tell me they have always had their whole family jabbed for everything in the book except for the covid jab, for various reasons.

Seems COVID/vaccination is the only topic of conversation people want to have these days, and im over it, i choose to change the subject when talking.

The facts are that people are loosing jobs for no sound reason when no ones health is affected when there are cases of people working from home who do not meet face-to-face with the public in their field of work and thats wrong IMHO.
(23-01-2022, 05:41 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 02:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: "Ive met many people who are very academic who have not had the vaccine, quite a few to my surprise, sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed."

Easy for you to jump to your own conclusion isint it?
These are people I meet through work, not people I choose to have anything to do with!
I meet a fair few anti-5G loonies, flat earthers too and i have to put up with them ranting to me about their beliefs while im trying to fix a leak in their bathroom while on the other hand also meet others that are extremley pro vax and ask me about my vaccine status when I see them, which my reply is "my personal medical records are private and confidential" that shuts them up pretty quickly. They dont want to look like a fool and get charged for a callout if they force me to leave. Yes I have met a fair few what some would call "anti-vax" that are not what I would typically consider to be that kind of person, they tell me they have always had their whole family jabbed for everything in the book except for the covid jab, for various reasons.

Seems COVID/vaccination is the only topic of conversation people want to have these days, and im over it, i choose to change the subject when talking.

The facts are that people are loosing jobs for no sound reason when no ones health is affected when there are cases of people working from home who do not meet face-to-face with the public in their field of work and thats wrong IMHO.
i read somewhere today that the big job layoff never happened. As much as 8% of the workforce was thought to be affected. the actual percentage is between 1% and 2%. less than the average employee turnover for the same period.
(23-01-2022, 05:41 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 02:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: "Ive met many people who are very academic who have not had the vaccine, quite a few to my surprise, sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed."

I meet a fair few anti-5G loonies, flat earthers too and i have to put up with them ranting to me about their beliefs while im trying to fix a leak in their bathroom while on the other hand also meet others that are extremley pro vax and ask me about my vaccine status when I see them, which my reply is "my personal medical records are private and confidential" that shuts them up pretty quickly. They dont want to look like a fool and get charged for a callout if they force me to leave. 
you really think it's because they might look like a fool? or get a callout charge? Wonder what else it might be...

guess we have the answer to that one now...

(23-01-2022, 05:56 PM)king1 Wrote:
guess we have the answer to that one now...
yup
(23-01-2022, 05:41 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Easy for you to jump to your own conclusion isint it?
These are people I meet through work.................... ask me about my vaccine status when I see them, which my reply is "my personal medical records are private and confidential" that shuts them up pretty quickly. They dont want to look like a fool and get charged for a callout if they force me to leave. 
Which means you are not vaxed otherwise why wouldn't you say so ?
NO-one is going to chuck you out of their house if you're vaccinated - but people would be well within their rights to expect a tradie who is coming into their home to do work *up close and personal* to be vaccinated.  YOU have NO idea of whether people in that house have reason to require vaccinated people ONLY in their vicinity - for all you know they might be immune compromised.  This definitly gives them the right to know your Vax status.  I personally refused to allow a Sky tech into the house due to his non vax status.  And would do so again.  It's extraordinary arrogance to refuse to state your Vax status - sure "my personal medical records are private and confidential" - sounds great but THE CLIENTS safety is THEIR OWN BUSINESS. And if you aren't willing to assure them you are vaxed then they'd have every right to tell you to leave - IF they'd even let you inside in the first place.  And personally - if you sent me a callout bill under those circumstances I'd send it back and tell you where to shove it.
(23-01-2022, 06:04 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 05:41 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Easy for you to jump to your own conclusion isint it?
These are people I meet through work.................... ask me about my vaccine status when I see them, which my reply is "my personal medical records are private and confidential" that shuts them up pretty quickly. They dont want to look like a fool and get charged for a callout if they force me to leave. 
Which means you are not vaxed otherwise why wouldn't you say so ?
NO-one is going to chuck you out of their house if you're vaccinated - but people would be well within their rights to expect a tradie who is coming into their home to do work *up close and personal* to be vaccinated.  YOU have NO idea of whether people in that house have reason to require vaccinated people ONLY in their vicinity - for all you know they might be immune compromised.  This definitly gives them the right to know your Vax status.  I personally refused to allow a Sky tech into the house due to his non vax status.  And would do so again.  It's extraordinary arrogance to refuse to state your Vax status - sure "my personal medical records are private and confidential" - sounds great but THE CLIENTS safety is THEIR OWN BUSINESS. And if you aren't willing to assure them you are vaxed then they'd have every right to tell you to leave - IF they'd even let you inside in the first place.  And personally - if you sent me a callout bill under those circumstances I'd send it back and tell you where to shove it.
Agreed. We're all responsible for own health as far as possible with regard to covid; in a pandemic that's really the only reasonable stance.
And any damn fool trying to charge a call out fee under those circumstances might find themselves receiving a letter from the person's lawyer. Deservedly so.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-01-2022, 05:54 PM)king1 Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 05:41 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I meet a fair few anti-5G loonies, flat earthers too and i have to put up with them ranting to me about their beliefs while im trying to fix a leak in their bathroom while on the other hand also meet others that are extremley pro vax and ask me about my vaccine status when I see them, which my reply is "my personal medical records are private and confidential" that shuts them up pretty quickly. They dont want to look like a fool and get charged for a callout if they force me to leave. 
you really think it's because they might look like a fool? or get a callout charge? Wonder what else it might be...
Wonder what else it might be... Here we go then...
  • Last time I get that f..cker to fix a leak.
  • Holy crap, unvaccinated alert, get me out of here, it might be contagious...
  • You prick, you could have said you were unvaxxed BEFORE you infected my home
  • I don't give a rats arse about your "personal medical records are private and confidential", just tell me if your vaccinated
  • Shit!  "my personal medical records are private and confidential equals unvaccinated
  • Hmm, only anti-vaxxers say that
  • Social distancing Alert!
feel free to add to the list, some folks might find it useful...