Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press conference with the PM at 11am today
You know, I really don't care what is behind the pressure on our hospitals. I'm just glad the staff still find time to monitor my friend with terminal liver cancer. I'm just glad they still have me on the acute list, and while Omicron, like Delta and like the first covid may well delay that hip replacement that I really really need - I know those people are doing their damnedest to provide the very best health care they can to those of us who need it. And risking their own health to do so.

The tragedy lies in those few who won't even risk a few wee jabs to do their bit.
hear hear hunni
the front line staff are no less than heroic imo.
if i die and theres a heaven, i'll gladly give up my berth to a nurse.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I had a thought this morning as I woke up slowly and came out of a dream I cannot remember. Something along the lines of death being lost in a dream. Heaven being a good dream, Hell being the one we cannot wake up screaming from...
i was kinda hoping this was hell
and my punishment for sins in past lives
i'll be gutted if that isnt the case.
(23-01-2022, 02:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 01:42 PM)king1 Wrote: and dying in their homes all alone, leaving a rotting corpse for weeks, because they were too stupid to do the right thing.
This post by Wainuiguy has been deleted.
yeah cause covid aint real is it - they'll be cleaning you up off the floor with a spade... 

and my pronouns are drama king thank ye very muchly
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(23-01-2022, 02:42 PM)king1 Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 02:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: This post by Wainuiguy has been deleted.
yeah cause covid aint real is it - they'll be cleaning you up off the floor with a spade... 

Never said that nor ever implied it.  But feel free to hide away in your house afraid to come out.  I all go about my day as I ever have.
(23-01-2022, 03:02 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 02:42 PM)king1 Wrote: yeah cause covid aint real is it - they'll be cleaning you up off the floor with a spade... 

Never said that nor ever implied it.  But feel free to hide away in your house afraid to come out.  I all go about my day as I ever have.
lol, you have no clue...

(23-01-2022, 03:48 PM)king1 Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 03:02 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Never said that nor ever implied it.  But feel free to hide away in your house afraid to come out.  I all go about my day as I ever have.
lol, you have no clue...
More of a clue than you it appears.  Covid has never worried me.  If I get it I get it.  I won't let it make me live in fear like some do.
(23-01-2022, 04:51 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 03:48 PM)king1 Wrote: lol, you have no clue...
More of a clue than you it appears.  Covid has never worried me.  If I get it I get it.  I won't let it make me live in fear like some do.
Well I think you would be one of the few on the planet that is not even a slight bit worried by Covid.  I would be less concerned if I knew everyone was on the same page and taking appropriate precautions as required, but unfortunately some folks seem hell bent on a path of infecting all and sundry - that's what worries me about it...

(23-01-2022, 05:02 PM)king1 Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 04:51 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: More of a clue than you it appears.  Covid has never worried me.  If I get it I get it.  I won't let it make me live in fear like some do.
Well I think you would be one of the few on the planet that is not even a slight bit worried by Covid.  I would be less concerned if I knew everyone was on the same page and taking appropriate precautions as required, but unfortunately some folks seem hell bent on a path of infecting all and sundry - that's what worries me about it...
Why live in fear?  More chance of me dying in a train derailment than from Covid.  I still ride the train every weekday.
(23-01-2022, 05:16 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 05:02 PM)king1 Wrote: Well I think you would be one of the few on the planet that is not even a slight bit worried by Covid.  I would be less concerned if I knew everyone was on the same page and taking appropriate precautions as required, but unfortunately some folks seem hell bent on a path of infecting all and sundry - that's what worries me about it...
Why live in fear?  More chance of me dying in a train derailment than from Covid.  I still ride the train every weekday.
yeah I think you're quite out of step with the reality of life in the midst of a global pandemic with that statement.  We kinda like to keep things reasonably factual and based on science here - it's even written into the rules...

(23-01-2022, 04:51 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: ..... Covid has never worried me.  If I get it I get it.  I won't let it make me live in fear like some do.

This is an unbelievably selfish attitude. Getting vaccinated and following the rules is not just about protecting ourselves, it's about protecting the young, the old, the weak and the fragile. If this is sincerely what you believe then I pity your family, friends and everyone that you run across in your daily life.
i live in fear for my grandkids.
that fear would be much allayed if everyone who could got vaccinated.
im ok for now, but if any of mine get harmed i am going to go after all anti vaxxers, not just the guilty one.
i hate the worthless pieces of shit. the sooner they are dead and buried the happier i will be.
if we could accelerate that i would vote for it. the fucking gutless ignorant arrogant pissant bitches are not welcome to mingle in any way with the rest of us.
It seems that those who claim to be unconcerned by covid tend to also be those who don't want to be vaccinated, for various strange reasons.

I think its a great shame that so many here have fallen for some of the daft CT's surrounding covid - I'd always thought of Kiwis as being far more level-headed & far less gullible than that.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I don't live in fear of covid, but I'll do my best to avoid getting it, seeing I am one of the many vulnerable because of other factors.

Seems to me someone would have to be truly stupid or convinced of their own bullet proof status to not be doing the same thing.
I'm not 'living in fear' either. You could say though, that I'm 'living in common sense' since I have grandchildren & great grandchildren who I'd rather not be responsible for infecting.
Which means that I've had both jabs & will have the booster at the appropriate time.

Its slightly disappointing though, that so far I've completely failed to become magnetic...Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
yes there is big difference between being fearful and simply being cautious - and then there is the other extreme which appears to be somewhere between careless and reckless disregard

(24-01-2022, 01:41 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its slightly disappointing though, that so far I've completely failed to become  magnetic...Smile
What about that magnetic personality?

(24-01-2022, 02:29 PM)king1 Wrote:
(24-01-2022, 01:41 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its slightly disappointing though, that so far I've completely failed to become  magnetic...Smile
What about that magnetic personality?
Bwahaha - I should be so lucky! Big Grin Big Grin
my dad used to call me a shit magnet
does that count?