Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No jail
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/1...punishment

Fuck the jail cell  - a Bullet would be too good. Personally I'd dump that guy in a farm offal pit and put the lid on and park a tractor on the lid.
I'm not usually keen on vigilantism but it's hard to disagree in this instance. What a heartbreaking story.
Yes. Having just read that, the law is an ass.
He's exactly the sort of person who needs locking up for the rest of his life, to keep the rest of us safe. If we start with killing & torturing people then we're putting ourselves on the same level.

There's likely something very badly wrong with this man whether mental illness, upbringing or both. If a child is treated badly, abused & beaten then that child will often grow up to inflict pain on those around them; that may be what happened to him

I hope though, that the child & his other victims are given the counselling & any other help they may need so that the cycle of inflicting harm is broken. That poor little boy.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
im all for vigilantism
sometimes the mongrel needs to be unleashed to keep things real.
when people thumb their noses at our laws they do so because it usually bears little by way of consequence to their actions, us being so civilised and woke we want to blame his upbringing etc and try to help him.
vigilantism nips that in the bud.
theres no room in a vigilantes mind for woolly thinking and marshmallow outcomes, the day hes announced guilty as charged should be the last day of rest he ever gets. knowing theres someone out there wants to see you dead should haunt your remaining days.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(25-01-2022, 02:25 PM)Magoo Wrote: im all for vigilantism
sometimes the mongrel needs to be unleashed to keep things real.
when people thumb their noses at our laws they do so because it usually bears little by way of consequence to their actions, us being so civilised and woke we want to blame his upbringing etc and try to help him.
vigilantism nips that in the bud.
theres no room in a vigilantes mind for woolly thinking and marshmallow outcomes, the day hes announced guilty as charged should be the last day of rest he ever gets. knowing theres someone out there wants to see you dead should haunt your remaining days.
The facts speak for themselves; those who have an especially bad upbringing tend to continue on through their lives bringing pain & misery to those around them.
Vigilantism isn't helpful; those taking that path have been know to get it badly wrong & I don't believe allowing that side of our nature to have free rein is healthy for us.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
when enough people have had enough, vigilantism gets a new name.
justice.

justice as we know it today is a recent construct, and changes constantly based on trend, public outcry, propaganda, marketing and manipulation.
what we call 'vigilantism' is how we sorted out problems for previous millennia, a justice system based on equal but opposite outcomes
natural law. eye for an eye. its not wrong, its just different.
its just different because we choose it to be so.
I don't think this one is thumbing his nose, I think he is a broken creature who will simply go on to ruin more lives.

If he was a dog we'd put him down.
I agree. This man sounds damaged beyond repair.
i think 'damaged' is the wrong word.
that implies that he is the direct result of something external
you reach an age when the decisions you make are your own.
certainly ones background can have a significant impact decision making
but there are too many people out there with shitty backgrounds that do very well
way too many for it to be an excuse for shit behaviour.
There are fewer rebuilt people than there are broken ones. Those who have been rebuilt have encountered some great good fortune, in the form of a replacement habit, or an alternative parenting figure. It is very rare that that comes as a result of the justice system, or social services.

Every choice we make is influenced by past experiences. We learn most rapidly and deeply as children. So, this guy was broken as a child and is going on to break others. It is a habit for him to not control his emotions, almost an ingrained habit or addiction. He cannot stop on his own he cannot make other choices without being re educated. And our system is not set up to re educate broken people, especially impoverished ones, so as we do with our other beloved companion animals, if we really cared, or were honest as a community, we would either put a retraining programme in place, or solve the problem permanently.

Or just let innocents bear the cost of these broken souls. Which is of course the easiest route so it will be the way we go.
god bless preventive detention

frontal lobotomy seems humane.
although theres the dribbling.
(26-01-2022, 10:00 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: There are fewer rebuilt people than there are broken ones. Those who have been rebuilt have encountered some great good fortune, in the form of a replacement habit, or an alternative parenting figure. It is very rare that that comes as a result of the justice system, or social services.

Every choice we make is influenced by past experiences. We learn most rapidly and deeply as children. So, this guy was broken as a child and is going on to break others. It is a habit for him to not control his emotions, almost an ingrained habit or addiction. He cannot stop on his own he cannot make other choices without being re educated. And our system is not set up to re educate broken people, especially impoverished ones, so as we do with our other beloved companion animals, if we really cared,  or were honest as a community, we would either put a retraining programme in place, or solve the problem permanently.

Or just let innocents bear the cost of these broken souls. Which is of course the easiest route so it will be the way we go.
If he's beyond being helped to change, then preventative detention makes good sense. I'd far rather contribute my share of taxes to keep him away from others he could harm, than let some vengeance crazed gung ho vigilante who's seen one too many Rambo movies inflict more harm on anyone.
(26-01-2022, 11:04 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(26-01-2022, 10:00 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: There are fewer rebuilt people than there are broken ones. Those who have been rebuilt have encountered some great good fortune, in the form of a replacement habit, or an alternative parenting figure. It is very rare that that comes as a result of the justice system, or social services.

Every choice we make is influenced by past experiences. We learn most rapidly and deeply as children. So, this guy was broken as a child and is going on to break others. It is a habit for him to not control his emotions, almost an ingrained habit or addiction. He cannot stop on his own he cannot make other choices without being re educated. And our system is not set up to re educate broken people, especially impoverished ones, so as we do with our other beloved companion animals, if we really cared,  or were honest as a community, we would either put a retraining programme in place, or solve the problem permanently.

If he's beyond being helped to change, then preventative detention makes good sense. I'd far rather contribute my share of taxes to keep him away from others he could harm, than let some vengeance crazed gung ho vigilante who's seen one too many Rambo movies inflict more harm on anyone.
*snort*  spoilsport
(26-01-2022, 12:58 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(26-01-2022, 11:04 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: If he's beyond being helped to change, then preventative detention makes good sense. I'd far rather contribute my share of taxes to keep him away from others he could harm, than let some vengeance crazed gung ho vigilante who's seen one too many Rambo movies inflict more harm on anyone.
*snort*  spoilsport
Good, then. Better he remains in prison where he's unlikely to harm anyone else.
(26-01-2022, 01:51 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(26-01-2022, 12:58 PM)Magoo Wrote: *snort*  spoilsport
Good, then. Better he remains in prison where he's unlikely to harm anyone else.
unlikely? i dont think he will ever stop himself from harming anyone within reach.
prisoners, prison guards, the chaplain.
perhaps he will meet his end the same way jeffrey dahmer did?
That may be, but it would be a pity for someone to get extra jail time on his account.