Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Banning the Bish. Food for thought.
i sniggered snidely on hearing the news of the Bish being incarcerated for.... for.... um...why is he incarcerated?
whatever not important. it was my personal dislike of the parasite driving my smug armchair response.

on reflection i may have been blinkered by the gleeful schadenfreude of it all.  he has been jailed for breaching bail conditions, a lawful order, this i understand. but that lawful order, was it lawful? should he have been charged in the first instance?

yes, the semantics, 'family picnic' and other smart arse remarks do him no justice, but if we distil it to its essence, he has been jailed to shut him down.  his views, fucked up as they are, and no one hates an antivaxxer like i do, are still sacrosanct under law.

im still out on this one, the bish can sit and rot for all i care, but best we do it fairly. 

am i being too woke? too liberal? is there a flaw in my reasoning?
or should we just hang the miserable prick out of spite?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
He has been jailed for repeatedly flouting the law and using dishonest explanations to stay out of jail while inciting and enabling others to do so, endangering the majority in the process. Once upon a time that kind of thing was regarded as treacherous and dishonourable, but in today's social climate being an honest compliant citizen is not always seen as an automatic position to adopt.

Especially it seems among a certain sector of the population who also appear to be unwashed, excessively loud, ignorant, and too easily led. Pity we can't lock them up with the grease bucket who is leading them while ripping them off with his tithes and false prophetting.
(23-01-2022, 09:05 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: He has been jailed for repeatedly flouting the law and using dishonest explanations to stay out of jail while inciting and enabling others to do so, endangering the majority in the process. Once upon a time that kind of thing was regarded as treacherous and dishonourable, but in today's social climate being an honest compliant citizen is not always seen as an automatic position to adopt.

Especially it seems among a certain sector of the population who also appear to be unwashed, excessively loud, ignorant, and too easily led. Pity we can't lock them up with the grease bucket who is leading them while ripping them off with his tithes and false prophetting.
cool, i feel better for that and understand it.
i hate the grifting mongrel too, anyone who preys on society like that deserves the chair, but are we shooting the messenger because he and his vile message sucks?
again i dont care if we are...i just think we need to be frank and honest about it
Ive no qualms at all when it comes to dehumanising the animals and treating them as the dung gatherer caste they are, i just want to go about it the right way.
No, we're not. In fact, we aren't doing ourselves or anyone else any favours by letting people get away with this antisocial behaviour. We need to mandate vaccination for everyone with the exception of the medically vulnerable.

Trouble is we have no way of sequestering the idiots who avoid, and they know it.

We edit our friendships and relationships with people we cannot live with any more, this is simply an extension of that. It takes courage to edit, but sometimes it is too risky not to find the strength.
It was a fair call - he blatantly flouted bail conditions while claiming it was a 'picnic' rather than the protest it actually was.

If only there was some way to legally prevent religious leaders of his type from extracting dosh from their followers, then people of his ilk might just fade away, into the woodwork or under the rock from whence they came. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
yes im on board.
string him up

we have to be very careful how we tread down this path
there is considerable potential for blowback around this business.
we have played right into the bishes hands i fear. hes as cunning as a shithouse rat.
you dont think he thought this through first?

a few days in stir with the payoff of being the figurehead for the anti everything movement in nz, as well as galvanising his position with his Destiny membership. no downside for his eminence.
legal defences make great grifting opportunities. trump taught us this. brian took note.

given the antisocial arrogance, and dimmer IQ of those who support him it concerns me that we dont start radicalising any of them. the last thing we need are homegrown 'terrorists', misguided souls who think they are doing gods work by harming the non believers.

the powers that be might have been better advised to stand down and let the bish hoist his own petard imo.
now we've started a process that might be difficult to stop, with he manifestation of ugly undercurrent to boot.
Oh bugger - Christians are now 'concerned' about the McBishop being locked up. Ignoring that he's not locked up for protesting but for willfully breaking his bail terms. More than once.
Which apparently is OK according to them, at least if you're a Christian.
Idiocy.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...YTSF8vZWtU
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-01-2022, 06:02 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh bugger - Christians are now 'concerned' about the McBishop being locked up. Ignoring that he's not locked up for protesting but for willfully breaking his bail terms. More than once.
Idiocy.

Probably penned by Hannah Tamaki and maybe sent along with a nice little donation to the churches...
Those churches listed must account for what, maybe 0.01% of christians in NZ?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(23-01-2022, 06:10 PM)king1 Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 06:02 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh bugger - Christians are now 'concerned' about the McBishop being locked up. Ignoring that he's not locked up for protesting but for willfully breaking his bail terms. More than once.
Idiocy.

Probably penned by Hannah Tamaki and maybe sent along with a nice little donation to the churches...
Those churches listed must account for what, maybe 0.01% of christians in NZ?
I'm not sure on numbers,  but they do seem to love attention. Rolleyes Big Grin
i find it reassuring that fundy christians have shackled themselves to antivax.
it confirms what ive said about them for years.
it makes me happy for all the mean shit i do to them and have done over the years.
i think gods minions might have backed a loser here.
it opens up not one but two streams of arseholes that can be dealt with at the same time.
separate, restrict, monitor and punish.
problem solved, im going on break.
(23-01-2022, 06:43 PM)Magoo Wrote: i find it reassuring that fundy christians have shackled themselves to antivax.
it confirms what ive said about them for years.
it makes me happy for all the mean shit i do to them and have done over the years.
i think gods minions might have backed a loser here.
it opens up not one but two streams of arseholes that can be dealt with at the same time.
separate, restrict, monitor and punish.
problem solved, im going on break.
well deserved, I know what a toll it can take fixing the worlds problems... 

As I always say...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Is his church still classed as a "Charity"? If not all the collected money will have to be taxed wont it?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Last I heard yes, but some returns were late...

About time we removed the charitable status for churches. All churches. Like religious holidays, they have had their day.
(30-01-2022, 09:39 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Last I heard yes, but some returns were late...

About time we removed the charitable status for churches. All churches. Like religious holidays, they have had their day.
That would be a good move - I wonder how long it would take the McBishop & his mates  to pack up & head for Oz, if that was to happen here.... Angel Big Grin
He can go now as far as Im concerned
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(30-01-2022, 10:30 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: He can go now as far as Im concerned
Yes, & I'm sure some of us would even contribute towards the cost of their tickets, to help them on their way.

Seems fitting really - Oz sends us their 501 Australian made criminals, so its really only fair we repay them.
So to speak.... Angel Big Grin
(30-01-2022, 10:36 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-01-2022, 10:30 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: He can go now as far as Im concerned
Yes, & I'm sure some of us would even contribute towards the cost of their tickets, to help them on their way.

Seems fitting really - Oz sends us their 501 Australian made criminals, so its really only fair we repay them.
So to speak.... Angel Big Grin

Good concept. Except that the tax breaks mean that the rest of us have already paid him far more than the cost of the ticket to Oz.

It is definitely high time that the tax-free charitable status was looked at. For genuine charities, it's reasonable. But far too many churches run huge business enterprises that ordinary businesses can't compete with because they have to pay tax.
It is unfair to judge all Christians by the actions of one man. Many would disapprove of what Brian Tamaki is doing, are obeying the law and are fully vaccinated.
(30-01-2022, 11:04 AM)Magenta69 Wrote: It is unfair to judge all Christians by the actions of one man. Many would disapprove of what Brian Tamaki is doing, are obeying the law and are fully vaccinated.
they still get the advantage of the tax free status afforded them by current law.
i thibk thats the crux of the argument rather than the obnoxious tamaki brothers besmirching the church.
the christians have done an excellent job besmirching it all by themselves, we just think that fairness demands they contribute to the public purse.
You are right that it's unfair to lump Tamaki in with all Christians. Anyone who is not a direct follower is probably also super critical of him. My generalisation though is about the wider picture of churches running businesses under their charitable status. A lot do, and the proceeds are not necessarily used for charitable purposes among their parishioners. I'm talking about where the business is just that, business, and the tax breaks give them an unfair advantage over tax-paying competitors.