Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will it take?
I know people are allowed to protest but are they allowed to abuse others, make death threats and blatantly break the law by being there after they have been trespassed.
So what the hell will it take to get rid of this vile scum and tell them to fuck off back to holes they have crawled out of? NZ Police get real do something these bastards are breaking the law and laughing at you , so come on its time to get heavy handed and disperse these poorly informed fuckwits that get all there information from Facebook, if need be call in the Army with hand grenades lol But seriously DO something!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
is that you mum?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(13-02-2022, 01:43 PM)Magoo Wrote: is that you mum?

Noooo Its your Granny
you are right tho oldfellah
time to move on, on two legs or in cuffs, i dont think anyone is too bothered which.
at some point we are going to give the police their nuts and let them unpack some hurt on the seditious scum.
im thinking it will be a good old fashioned dawn raid while the bozo's are punching out z's after a long nite of kfc and bong hits.
The best result would be for the protesters to fold their tents & depart peacefully, having first cleaned up any mess they've made. Leaving could happen if bad weather continues for some time, enough to make them cold & miserable & perhaps the police are waiting & hoping for that to happen.

If police have to move them all by making lots of arrests, dismantling tents etc. etc. then that would take time & any heavy handedness won't go down well even among those of us who see this lot as misguided plonkers who've been hijacked by the extreme right nutters r' us brigade.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-02-2022, 01:53 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The best result would be for the protesters to fold their tents & depart peacefully, having first cleaned up any mess they've made.  Leaving could happen if bad weather continues for some time, enough to make them cold & miserable & perhaps the police are waiting & hoping for that to happen.

If police have to move them all by making lots of arrests, dismantling tents etc. etc. then that would take time & any heavy handedness won't go down well even among those of us who see this lot as misguided plonkers who've been hijacked by the extreme right nutters r' us brigade.
i see something more sinister than 'misguided plonkers' at work here.
the speed and efficiency of the supply lines in setting up, the portaloos, the stage and sound system.
it all costs and takes time to organise.
while the protestors were fragmented and incohesive the event itself was not.
the police were completely and woefully unaware of what was happening around them,
and by the time they acted the village was dug in.
As a tax payer, I'd rather my money be spent on the police targeting serious crime, not on a bunch of losers getting themselves wet and muddy and making themselves look ridiculous. At the moment the only things losing their lives over this stunt is some grass, and we can rebuild this major devastation of grassland. The best thing to do with anger is let it dissipate - nothing better than watching someones shouting being ineffective and achieving nothing. Sort of like posting rants on message boards.
(13-02-2022, 02:15 PM)Zurdo Wrote: As a tax payer, I'd rather my money be spent on the police targeting serious crime, not on a bunch of losers getting themselves wet and muddy and making themselves look ridiculous. At the moment the only things losing their lives over this stunt is some grass, and we can rebuild this major devastation of grassland. The best thing to do with anger is let it dissipate - nothing better than watching someones shouting being ineffective and achieving nothing. Sort of like posting rants on message boards.
once i would have said yes let it fizzle out and let them go home with their tails between their legs.
but now it seems that protestors dig in until they get their way, as we've seen recently. they can go for months.
its a golden opportunity to give this trend a check. it wont be seen as racist, pro vax, pro mandate etc because of the fractious crowd, it will be seen as the rule of law being imposed.
(13-02-2022, 02:09 PM)Magoo Wrote: ...
the speed and efficiency of the supply lines in setting up, the portaloos, the stage and sound system.
the police were completely and woefully unaware of what was happening around them,

I think this is right. The protesters are gullible and unaware that they are being used as foot soldiers in a world-wide far right war against democracy. It has been carefully managed so that there is no clear way forward for the police, but it seems to me that for practical purposes the first thing that needs to happen is to clear the streets; if the local towies won't do it then the army will have the means to help.
(13-02-2022, 02:09 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(13-02-2022, 01:53 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The best result would be for the protesters to fold their tents & depart peacefully, having first cleaned up any mess they've made.  Leaving could happen if bad weather continues for some time, enough to make them cold & miserable & perhaps the police are waiting & hoping for that to happen.

Yes, which is why I said they've been hijacked by the extreme right; almost certainly they'll be behind the organising which was done so quickly.

It remains to be seen whether or not the original group of plonkers will remove themselves from this mess or stick it out - they possibly haven't the sense to just go, but you never know.

And now, they're surely doomed.
James Blunt has suggested they use his music after reading a BBC story about protesters being treated to Barry Manilow & similar stuff.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/mu...rder-music
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
If the police take up James Blunts offer - I'd be outa there quick as. I'd like to see them take You are Beautiful for 3 hours without breaking down. Almost too cruel.
When they do go either peacefully or by force, the latter im hoping for, I wonder if the organisers of this failed scheme will get the bill for damages incurred?

These guys look pretty peaceful
oh dear, that might be a mate of inspector gadget
and has borrowed his umbrella gun.

in america, it would be suicide to aim anything at anyone in a protest situation.
snipers.
(13-02-2022, 03:26 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: When they do go either peacefully or by force, the latter im hoping for, I wonder if the organisers of this failed scheme will get the bill for damages incurred?

I do hope so - seems only fair.
(13-02-2022, 03:50 PM)ObeWan Wrote: These guys look pretty peaceful
Model citizens everyone of them NOT!!
Seems these days the bad guys win all the time, get to go camping with their mates, get free Police protection, and the good guys get jabbed and put into lockdown.

Somthing is rotten in this state of...
Water cannons then tear gas. The French know how to deal with these people.
(13-02-2022, 07:29 PM)Outsider Wrote: Water cannons then tear gas. The French know how to deal with these people.

My thoughts exactly.
Rather than more awful music, I think these protesters could benefit from the recorded sessions of parliament from say, the 1950's played continuously & loudly.
Cruel & unusual it may be, but highly likely to be effective. Smile