Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
I also feel for the growers etc... They are being hit from all directions.

Theres some houses here that were started just before Covid hit and 2 years later are only just about done. Two are lived in but the others still have a little work. Used to be heaps of vehicles parked there now as of this morning there was only two.

Boogie works for me Kiwimade, its our Generation lol.

Yeah I think it will be his choices that made them get the team in.. Time will tell. Im trying to think beyond it. but its on my mind I have to admit.

Spent $10 and got 4 litres of petrol lol... disgusting eh
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
My scales tell me I have dropped five kilos since Christmas. But thing is, damned if I can tell the difference...

Being short and round is a pain. When I get reincarnated what do you bet I come back as one of those tall skinny pains instead? We are never satisfied are we...

Quick trip down to the village this more proved a little too exciting for me. The guys are digging up broad sections of pavement and they've closed off a bit I usually use forcing me to scoot to the other side which has precipissy (a term my Mum invented) driveways that had me wishing for the trapeze lines the sailors use, and steep bits that had Gertie - the scoot - begging me to 'get off and walk woman'...

But we made it intact, library, sallies for a drop off, and supermarket for cat food and wine. The bare essentials of life, though I did indulge in camembert and ciabatta. After all, round is beautiful, right?
Good morning.

Well, what do you know, it's raining outside! Washing on the racks ... again. So hard for those whose livelihoods revolve around the weather ... have been there and still have a rain gauge and record the rainfall - old habits die hard! Over the years of recording, the annual amount more or less averages out - so frustrating when it's too much at once or too little over a long period!

Lol, Oh_hunnihunni, glad your precarious trip resulted in some treats at the end!

Good luck Popeye with your meeting ... am sure the Health Professionals will be on your side, afterall you are wanting the best outcome for Mr P.

Off to sort out some boxes of books ... to keep, or get rid. Will see if the afternoon brings fine weather (forecast) to get outside.

Enjoy the day.
Did a quick trip tp local mall for a few bits & pieces, then back to do the exciting washing - oh joy!
Took dog for her walk & came across a bloke teaching his girls how to skateboard ( the older one) & ride a bike ( younger one) but we didn't manage to go past where her little puppy friend lives today.
Perhaps just as well, as I was almost licked to death when I patted the furry little head.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well the guy was really nice.

Seems the Hospital changed MrPs meds Last August and it hadnt been picked up. So they are going to increase things and there is plenty of room to move on those.

They are going to work in encouraging him to go out for walks... with a Nurse pushing him in the wheelchair with Bobbie with them. We are all going to try and get him to think positively... And Thats hard but worth trying for.

I saw him after the Dr saw him and he was ok... He didnt get angry .

He even let me put his wedding ring on his finger which hasnt fitted for many many years but he said he likes seeing me wearing it. With him being a painter he had seen many a man loose his finger when checking walls for nails etc and getting hooked on them.

He and Bobbie are hoping she can move into the room that shares the en-suite with MrP . I said to him she will be like a flat mate lol.. I hope they say yes to that. But the other ladies stuff is still there which is unusual.

One of our shops was rammed raided with a car early this morning... Its covered in plywood now but still open..

Enjoy your spoils Hunnihunni.. rewards are yummy lol
Maybe tell Mr P he is right about rings and fingers. I was working in Melbourne on a big sales congress thing with Neil Armstrong as the keynote speaker. A couple of weeks before he was due to fly to Oz for us, he jumped out of his truck, caught his wedding ring somehow on the door and half severed his finger. There was no one else home, so he wrapped it in a teeshirt and drove himself to the local emergency room. Microsurgery later and finger back in place. He showed me the fresh scar over lunch.

Amazing man...
morning ladies Smile A foggy start to the morning but I'll be able to mow the lawn today I hope.

MrK also never wore his wedding ring or his Medic Alert necklace. He was a diesel mechanic and could get electric shocks from parts of the engines as well as the jewelry getting stuck and ripping his finger off. He wears it now and funnily enough it's me who has stopped wearing them thanks to eczema.

yummmmmm camembert. I think those treats were well deserved, oh_hunnihunni lol. Neil Armstrong would be one heck of a guy to meet. He must have some interesting things to say about the world.

Great isn't it roma, when dads get out there and teach their kids life stuff. I bet those girls remember that time with their dad for the rest of their lives. I think dads today are more involved with their kids than our generation.

Good to hear there is a plan in place for MrP, popeye and lovely it can involve Bobby too. You will more than likely need to check and make sure the rest home is doing what they are supposed to.

Once the lawn is mowed if I have any oomph left I think I'll make a start on the road frontage. The weeds are well and truly dead now - but not the blimmen aggies! For goodness sake, what does it take to kill them! Anyhoo, I'm hoping I can clear the dead weeds and then I'll start looking for some hydrangeas to plant there. I have one that needs to be moved so it can go there as it's not happy where it is.

The fog has cleared so time to get moving before it rains again.

happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning all
Clear skies and windy

Good that you are getting things sorted Popeye.

Those jolly aggies KM. Just a thought possibly contacting the tech people at company that sells herbicides eg Kiwicare ( local NZcompany) Bayer and Nufarm probably could help too. I had a friend a few years ago that had a resistant plant problem and the company he contacted sent a rep out with a small amount of product to treat said plants so he didn't have to buy a huge amount of product. I suspect it was a restricted product that only qualified people could apply. But it did the trick.

Finished the quilting yesterday not that happy with the pattern I did but it is finished and babies aren't critical . Good news my machine performed like a trouper..

Housework for me today, possibly some sewing this afternoon. Merino tshirts for DGD required.

Have a good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Ive caught one of my rings on the car too thankfully not bad enough to do any damage... Kiwimade I used to get excma from dirt with pumice in it. And it was always where my rings were... very annoying. I never thought about the electricity side of things with jewellery.. Maybe thats why I always get shocks in the supermarket.

Glad your machine is working well Mica.. A relief I bet. I still remember my first ever sewing machine . It was a Riccar. It did countless stitches that I never used. And I never felt comfortable with the machine. I sold it before I moved to Australia. Mine are now a Janome and the over locker is a brother I think lol.
Recently I have wanted to see if I could find work in a sewing factory. There aren't any close to me now. But as I discovered the day I sewed the wrap, driving the sewing machine was as good for my knee as driving the car.. Not a good look. So a sewing factory job wont be possible for now.

Kiwimade Id still be tempted to burn those aggies out lol... I wish I could remember what my Stepfather used to kill ours.

Im going to measure out the ingredients to do a small bake tomorrow. MrP wants some biscuits. So I plan on making some vanilla biscuits, coconut ones and try an new gingersnap one.. And Ill make some Date scones on Monday before I go see him for their lunches.. Its like doing school lunches lol.

A wash out with the Cricket last night.. so Hopefully it is fine in CHCH and the ladies match still goes ahead.

Have a fab day everyone
So much for the lawn mowing and the edges being done lol. The garden is like a magpie with something shiny to me lol.
But one big succulent has been divided and swapped places with a dahlia. And one lot of iris' have been divided and replanted. It was the only way I could weed this garden thanks to the twitch. And I juggled the garden edging around on one side of a garden seat to make it easier for me to mow (knew there was a reason why I didn't mow lol). I'll do the other side tomorrow. The left over succulent and iris' are on our local gardening FB page. If no takers I'll biff them unless someone here wants them. The succulent grows huge and bossy and has big pink flat flowers in autum and the bees love them. The iris' are a deeeeeep purple, almost black.
The father of one of my school friends was missing a finger - his wedding ring caught on the side of a truck he was dismounting, during a military exercise.
I do have other cameras!
Good afternoon from a very windy HB but at least it has stopped raining - the water in the creek has dropped significantly - ducks not so happy
This message board so often prompts memories - maybe I must be getting old - I was probably 11 when my Dad got his first motor mower - maybe older - we were all out in the backyard watching him - I remember it was smoking and very noisy he was struggling and it very quickly became jammed - he put his hand under to unblock it - seems so stupid now thinking about it he owned a trucking company so knew about mechanical things - anyway it chopped two fingers off and I can still see his finger with his wedding ring on lying in the grass - I fainted but Dad used to always tell the story my brother and younger sister wanting to look for his pinkie finger - he went back to the push mower and it was many years later before he bought another motor mower and it was one of those roller type ones
It was really quite cold here first thing & I really have got to go & pick as many ripe/nearly ripe tomatoes as I can but haven't got around to it yet, as had to go out earlier to pick up a library book, (& also bought a couple of pillows while B B & B had everything at 50% off - one for me, & one for putting under the dog's mattress which has a hollow in the middle) & feeling slightly knackered now.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(26-03-2022, 01:56 PM)JanW Wrote: Good afternoon from a very windy HB but at least it has stopped raining - the water in the creek has dropped significantly - ducks not so happy
This message board so often  prompts memories - maybe I must be getting old - I was probably 11 when my Dad got his first motor mower - maybe older - we were all out in the backyard watching him - I remember it was smoking and very noisy he was struggling and it very quickly became jammed - he put his hand under to unblock it - seems so stupid now thinking about it he owned a trucking company so knew about mechanical things - anyway it chopped two fingers off and I can still see his finger with his wedding ring on lying in the grass - I fainted but Dad used to always tell the story my brother and younger sister wanting to look for his pinkie finger - he went back to the push mower and it was many years later before he bought another motor mower and it was one of those roller type ones

I'm enjoying the memories Jan.    My Father in Law had part of one finger missing. Didnt catch it on anything tho.. Well under the tomohawk lol.. Of which he should not have been playing with lol
I wear a clutch of silver bangles and bracelets and they conduct heat beautifully. Many is the time I have been cooking and been reminded of that quality in silver.

I did get a nice surprise this morning, my neighbour brought mail in to me and in a generic envelope, unaddressed, was an apology letter from our corporate CEO about the unannounced day of no power, along with a thirty dollar Countdown voucher. three dollars an hour...

It is the thought that counts though, so I shall fritter it away on cheap wine.
(26-03-2022, 04:10 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wear a clutch of silver bangles and bracelets and they conduct heat beautifully. Many is the time I have been cooking and been reminded of that quality in silver.

I did get a nice surprise this morning, my neighbour brought mail in to me and in a generic envelope, unaddressed, was an apology letter from our corporate CEO about the unannounced day of no power, along with a thirty dollar Countdown voucher. three dollars an hour...

Yes thats something Ive done too re the bangles Hunnihunni..  Its an amazing conducter of heat lol
(26-03-2022, 04:10 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wear a clutch of silver bangles and bracelets and they conduct heat beautifully. Many is the time I have been cooking and been reminded of that quality in silver.

Stingy lot - $3 an hour!  Cheap wine & Whittakers. Rolleyes
morning ladies Smile A bleak start to the day but it's supposed to be fine. I love the start of Sundays as the radio has acoustic songs for a while and it's a nice easy, gentle start to a Sunday.

omgg Jan, I'm not surprised you fainted lol. Before MrK met me he lost part of a finger at work. It doesn't bother him at all.

I suppose your landlord had a few apologies to make, oh_hunnihunni and at least you got one. I remember when we were renting I was home on my own and the landlord rocked on inside without warning, knocking or anything. He said, oh, didn't think anyone was home! It made us wonder how many times he had done this while we were at work and we didn't know. We moved not long after. I hope you enjoy spending your voucher, treats all round!

MIca, I love your idea of contacting the manufacturers of the weedkiller and see if they have some ideas. Popeye, I would love to petrol bomb them, believe me! But the aggies are hard up against our fence and I suspect our insurance company wouldn't pay for repairs Tongue

Yesterday my climbing rose Crepsecule's support fell off the fence so that was nailed back. A bird had made a third nest in it, persistent thing! By spring whatever bird it is will be an expert lol. The roses are going nuts with extra growth and I suspect we didn't put enough big metal staples in the concrete reinforcing wire to support them. We have now though Big Grin I've found a home for the iris' and maybe the succulents.

Coffees finished so no excuses not to get moving. I have as usual, a few things to get done outside. I started sorting a curve in the garden that just didn't look right. So much for getting the front bit done out on the road lol. It's on the list to be done!

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all
Windy day expecting some strong gusts

Oh_Hunnihunni enjoy your wine and chocolate. What flavour chocolate?

All the rain certainly has helped the garden and lawns. DH spent the day out in our garden over did it of course he can't just go out for couple of hours. So I will live with Mr grumpy today.

Did some merino sewing 
yesterday, pair pants  -  lilac onsie long sleeved.

Finished knitting the bands on DGD cardi will get buttons tomorrow,

No plans for today other than make up spare beds ready for next time we have guests.

Have a good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Its clear but kinda dull here too.. And I could be tempted to put something with sleeves on, except Ill soon warm up in front of the oven lol

Wow hunnihunni How generous, well not really but its better than nothing I suppose lol.. Enjoy your treats.

Was talking to MrP last night and it was an Axe rather than tomohawk that his father lost part of his finger with. But he had been fooling around with it and should have known better.

Yesterday MrP said Bobbie was cold. Her cardigan has vanished.. So I nipped up to the oppy who was having a sale Adults clothes $1 a piece. Spent my last $5 and got her 5 Cardy's to keep her warm. She was soo thankful. I told her No one goes cold on my watch. So I asked them to tell her to pick one to wear straight away, they would name the others and then when that was done they could name the last one.

Her previous carer needs shooting. Well it was her husbands carer but she stayed looking after Bobbie. They dumped her with nothing.

Im off to bake shortly. I wrote out a gingersnap recipe the other day and didn't write the temp down, and I haven't saved the page either dammit lol.. Ohh well like everything in the oven I have, Ill wing it.. There's no temperature numbers on the oven. So I just guess. And since I've been able to do everything from scones sponges and pavlovas Im guessing really well lol

Have a fab day everyone