Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacinda Ardern’s calls for censorship is a ‘war on freedom
And people still cant see how this country is becoming more and more communist, we are heading down the direction of China if we are not careful and sadly people dont see it, or just in denial.

Do have anything but bullshit and rubbish to post on here?
I do have other cameras!
We could do worse.

We could go back to being a Little Britain...
People are in denial.

Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
One of my favourites!

"Stupid boy!"

Smile
You seem to interpret what you see and hear very differently to most people CT

I didn't see or hear anything like that in her speech (linked)
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-...ch-1747546

Newsweek labeled the claim misinformation FWIW
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-12-2022, 07:32 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We could do worse.

That'd be right - the hard right grabs something, gives a bloody big twist to make it mean something else altogether & then sets it loose on the net. The OP is a perfect illustration of that.

You do though have to wonder at his idea of 'elites'. It looks very like the alt right's attempt at claiming that the NWO or the Illuminati or some other mysterious band of myth-like idiots is shock horror!' trying to take over & rule the world'. Dodgy
Again.

Rather than acknowledging the great harm done by hate speech & any tiny attempt to control it, since that's what they usually do, panic & claim 'big brother'. Idiots. Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-12-2022, 10:31 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 07:32 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We could do worse.

That'd be right - the hard right grabs something, gives a bloody big twist to make it mean something else altogether & then sets it loose on the net. The OP is a perfect illustration of that.

and they think we're subservient pawns of the system...

Why is it people yell censorship when attempts are made to curb the misuse of freedom of speech? Being free does not give anyone the right to intentionally speak or act in ways designed to maliciously hurt others.

It isn't censorship to protect.
(03-12-2022, 11:08 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Why is it people yell censorship when attempts are made to curb the misuse of freedom of speech? Being free does not give anyone the right to intentionally speak or act in ways designed to maliciously hurt others.

I agree it does not give the right for someone to maliciously hurt others but freedom of speech is every persons right, if you hear someone saying something you agree with you tend to agree with them but if another person says something you disagree with hell you might call them a terrorist, I believe everyone in this country has the right of free speech as long as the crazies dont act out on theirs they can say what they want.
Nope. There really is no such thing as freedom, or rights. We are so quick to forget the realities of being alive, it comes with no promises, no guarantees, no rights, just opportunities.

Rights are the things we invented, along with our fictional power to grant them, or claim them. It makes us feel safer out here in the cruel wild world that really doesn't care less about living things as individuals. Makes us feel powerful and in control. But it's all an illusion. We have no rights when solutions are not available. No freedoms when locked into corners, no freedoms without the resources to base choices on. All we have is our biological drive to eat, drink, and reproduce, till something comes along and treads on us.

Just like every other living thing. Do trees have rights? Freedoms? Ants? Bacteria?
(03-12-2022, 12:02 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 11:08 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Why is it people yell censorship when attempts are made to curb the misuse of freedom of speech? Being free does not give anyone the right to intentionally speak or act in ways designed to maliciously hurt others.

I agree it does not give the right for someone to maliciously hurt others but freedom of speech is every persons right, if you hear someone saying something you agree with you tend to agree with them but if another person says something you disagree with hell you might call them a terrorist, I believe everyone in this country has the right of free speech as long as the crazies dont act out on theirs they can say what they want.

the problem is not with the crazies that voice their misinformation and alternate facts - the problem is with the unknown crazies that listen to and act upon the crazies voicing their misinformation and alternate facts.

Freedom of speech only goes so far - ultimately the government is responsible for maintaining law and order, and crazies peddling misinformation pose a real threat to the stability of society (locally and globally) if left to run unchecked...  imagine what life would be like for example if there were no laws against defamation? Lives would be ruined...

(03-12-2022, 12:41 PM)king1 Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 12:02 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I agree it does not give the right for someone to maliciously hurt others but freedom of speech is every persons right, if you hear someone saying something you agree with you tend to agree with them but if another person says something you disagree with hell you might call them a terrorist, I believe everyone in this country has the right of free speech as long as the crazies dont act out on theirs they can say what they want.

the problem is not with the crazies that voice their misinformation and alternate facts - the problem is with the unknown crazies that listen to and act upon the crazies voicing their misinformation and alternate facts.

Freedom of speech only goes so far - ultimately the government is responsible for maintaining law and order, and crazies peddling misinformation pose a real threat to the stability of society (locally and globally) if left to run unchecked...  imagine what life would be like for example if there were no laws against defamation? Lives would be ruined...

Part of our quest for safety is the urge to gather together in our herds and flocks. And to make those gatherings safe in themselves we invent structures - rules, laws, money, social taboos, rights, freedoms, restrictions, barriers...

It is a mistake though to think those are real things. And an even worse one to rely on them.
"And it harm none, do what thou wilt."

Can't remember where I came across that but its stuck in my head, & makes good sense. Say what you like as long as you're not doing harm with your words.
Which of course is where the argument begins, since we all have different experiences & views.

Perhaps trees should have rights; there's some evidence that they communicate through their roots & definitely animals should have rights, of only in order to prevent cruelty. The thing is that we're constantly learning more all the time.

https://www.newsweek.com/cow-cattle-anim...kTYGXLERhI

"There are brains in the barnyard, according to a literature review published this week about cattle intelligence. The paper summarized a selection of peer-reviewed research that demonstrated bovine cognition, and determined that the animals can have "Eureka" moments, can be optimistic or pessimistic, are affected by painful experiences, protect their calves, and can recognize their friends."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
We suffer badly from a false sense of superiority, reinforced by religion. If we could see ourselves without the self imposed rose coloured lenses we might be ashamed of what we have become. What havoc we have wreaked upon our neighbours and our world.

Fortunately we are blinded by our own hubris.
I have a DIL who we first met when she was around 16-17, who was then a vegetarian; these days she, sweetie darling no 2 & their daughter are all vegan while one of their boys has become vegetarian, possibly as a result of working in a butcher shop while at uni.
I think the world is slowly becoming more aware, more concerned about animal welfare & human diets so who know, one day we might all be vegan.

The Gladiators were mainly all vegan or vegetarian after all.
Not this guy, meat eater until I die!
(03-12-2022, 07:10 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Not this guy, meat eater until I die!
Amen to that Hungry

Lion(esse)s do not eat vegetables...
They do...second hand and partly digested.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society