Poll: Was the PM justified in her comment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. Seymour is fully deserving
23.08%
3 23.08%
Maybe she should have been more aware of the hot mike.
15.38%
2 15.38%
As Seymour himself said he's been called far worse.
15.38%
2 15.38%
This isn't becoming of a PM
30.77%
4 30.77%
Jacinda shouldn't have held back.
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrogant Prick
So our Prime Minister got caught out voicing her true opinion on 'Rimmer' today. Interested to know how others feel about the PM's "arrogant prick" comment towards Seymour.

(13-12-2022, 06:18 PM)harm_less Wrote: So our Prime Minister got caught out voicing her true opinion on 'Rimmer' today. Interested to know how others feel about the PM's "arrogant prick" comment towards Seymour.

To quote a fictional character: "You may think I believe it to be an absolutely true description - but I couldn't possibly comment" Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes

Well - she had the grace to apologise so I suppose did the right thing. But I tend to share that view of David Seymour, & he must be quite irritating to have to work with.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I know she was mumbling under her breath but I think I would have expected better from a PM. But then again it is just a big kindergarten up there sometimes
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
It is not offensive if it is true, surely?
There’s virtually no punishment anymore in the so called Western Democracies for telling lies

In fact it gets you “ahead in life “ or even wins Elections

You apologize when you speak the truth

Strangetimes
(13-12-2022, 08:51 PM)Foal30 Wrote: There’s virtually no punishment anymore in the so called Western Democracies for telling lies

Yep, those conspiracy theorists would all be in prison now if there was

There may yet be hope though, I see Sue Grey is up on disciplinary charges... Big Grin
(14-12-2022, 04:17 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: There may yet be hope though, I see Sue Grey is up on disciplinary charges... Big Grin

It's amazing that she hasn't already been struck off for "conduct unbecoming", and surely this latest episode will tip the NZLS over the fence.
(13-12-2022, 07:51 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It is not offensive if it is true, surely?

My thoughts exactly. Accuracy rather than offense.
Rolleyes

And given the time of year they're all probably feeling under pressure to an extent.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...mpy-pricks
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
David Seymour asked a fair question and the fairy princess couldn't answer it without a lot of gobbledygook, and she still didn't answer it and then had the cheek to call him that, pot calling kettle black if you ask me.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
While David Seymour on the other hand is so very out of touch that he's said that, if ACT has any involvement in the next govt, he wants to 'trim benefits.'
just watched the questions, I think the PM handled herself fine, not sure what all the hoo-ha is about.

Seymour was certainly being an
interesting person.

(14-12-2022, 02:39 PM)king1 Wrote: just watched the questions, I think the PM handled herself fine, not sure what all the hoo-ha is about.

Seymour was certainly being a [interesting person]

Yes indeed, he was. Big Grin Big Grin
I asked my other half if he thought David Seymour was an arrogant prick. I was interested in his opinion, as he has worked with many, many poli's over the years. He is also certainly no fan of Act. His response when I asked him, was, " No, not at all. He is not a prick. He is actually quite self depreciating .

Interesting.
" self depreciating". Trying to work out what this means; my guess is "lowering one's own value". If this is what you mean then I agree.
self-deprecating
/ˌsɛlfˈdɛprɪkeɪtɪŋ/

adjective
adjective: self-deprecating
  1. modest about or critical of oneself, especially humorously so.
    "self-deprecating jokes"
(14-12-2022, 07:10 PM)Olive Wrote: " self depreciating".  Trying to work out what this means; my guess is "lowering one's own value".  If this is what you mean then I agree.

Yes, sorry. Just noticed the "i". Smile
Self deprecation can be an assumed habit, designed to do exactly the opposite.

I think Seymour is clever. Being a prick can be an aspect of cleverness, in man or woman. Or cat...
(14-12-2022, 12:53 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: David Seymour asked a fair question and the fairy princess couldn't answer it without a lot of gobbledygook, and she still didn't answer it and then had the cheek to call him that, pot calling kettle black if you ask me.

I havent been following the story much, what exactly did he ask her? Something he said must have rattled her.

Either way, it looks like they have made amends, they have just listed a jointly signed transcript of the recording on trademe!
Thats the whole thing that was spoken but you may have to enlarge it to read.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(16-12-2022, 12:44 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(14-12-2022, 12:53 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: David Seymour asked a fair question and the fairy princess couldn't answer it without a lot of gobbledygook, and she still didn't answer it and then had the cheek to call him that, pot calling kettle black if you ask me.

I havent been following the story much, what exactly did he ask her? Something he said must have rattled her.

Either way, it looks like they have made amends, they have just listed a jointly signed transcript of the recording on trademe!
the original question was "Does she stand by all her Government’s statements and policies?". It was asked by multiple MPs across parties and the vagueness of the question tends to suggest a bit of entrapment  happening...  and then there was the supplementary questions

You can watch it unfold here
https://ondemand.parliament.nz/parliamen...mId=230725

I couldn't hear the comment on the video though...