Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatsapp Desktop shortcut
How to create a desktop shortcut for WhatsApp for Windows 11

When I right click WhatsApp, if gives the options:  pin to taskbar, pin to Start, but no option to create a shortcut .

Where is the file location of WhatsApp?

I tried to download a new copy, went to Whatsapp.com but it's in English.  How do I change it to English?

usually for desktop shortcuts, find it in the all apps list of the start menu then click and drag to desktop
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
No. Can't drop it.

I was working OK until earlier this evening, when I opened WhatsApp, it ways that there's a new version, asked me to update it, and I updated it.

The desktop icon was gone.

Why their website is not in English? I am using Firefox 111.0.1
(23-03-2023, 08:36 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: No.  Can't drop it. 

I was working OK until earlier this evening, when I opened WhatsApp, it ways that there's a new version, asked me to update it, and I updated it.

The desktop icon was gone. 

Why their website is not in English?  I am using Firefox 111.0.1

it's english here, but there is a language selector bottom of the page RHS

i'll just try a download a create a shortcut

definitely works creating the desktop shortcut - make sure you are clicking the "All Apps" button when you open the start menu. 

It doesn't work from pinned or recent on the start menu, but does from within the all apps list

Thanks, king1. Followed your guide, changed it back to English.

It has to be installed. can't just create a short cut.

If I can find the installed file location, I should be able to right-click and create a short cup.
yes will need to be installed first, then it will show in the all apps list. Installs from the windows store now BTW...

Good morning.

How's your installation? 

Looks, the copy of WhatsApp I downloaded and installed is from MS store's whatsapp app.  It has lesser features than the old WhatsApp for Windows. Apparently, the old WhatsApp for windows is no more available, as WhatsApp site only shows the copy from MS Store.

Is there any where I can get a copy of the good old WhatsApp for Windows?  I am so used to the old version.  LOL

I can use the WhatsApp Web version which is very similar to the good old version, but I don't know how to save a short cut to my desktop so that I need not log in again every time when I turn ON my PC.

I shouldn't have updated my old ver last night!  Too late!!!  The MS Desktop version hasn't got the following feature for editing any image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

https://web.whatsapp.com/desktop/windows...pSetup.exe

from here
https://www.reddit.com/r/whatsapp/commen...p_desktop/

Might pay to disable any auto update settings once installed

king1, how was your installation last night?.
(24-03-2023, 08:41 AM)Galaxy01 Wrote: king1, how was your installation last night?.

went fine, but it was the version from the windows store. I don't use whatsapp so it is now uninstalled

Just installed the version from your link. A shortcut was created automatically on my desktop. Thanks.

Don't think there's any option to disable/enable auto update.
I get my WhatsApp (64) updates via Filepuma (via Google Chrome) -currently V 2.2310.5.0 and each time I download from that site a Desktop Shortcut Icon automatically appears.