Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Oldies day out
Lot of fun yesterday. Our Napier retirement village organised an outing and 38 of us boarded a bus for a mystery tour at 8.30am. We went to a medieval museum in the Ashley Clinton area of Central Hawkes Bay.

Private Hawke's Bay museum features medieval weapons, hunting trophies - NZ Herald

What a great outing. A lot of the weapons were fired and it was great noisy fun. Honestly, the bloke is living the boys dream!!

Then we stopped for lunch at the Sawyers Arms Hotel at Tikokino before coming home.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
That looks like it was a great day Kenj, love the medieval weaponry. who would have thought we had that kind of gear in NZ. I assume they are replicas?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(11-05-2023, 10:28 AM)king1 Wrote: That looks like it was a great day Kenj, love the medieval  weaponry.  who would have thought we had that kind of gear in NZ.  I assume they are replicas?

Yes, built by him and his family.

Don't know if you read the article but thought her comment hillarious  Big Grin Big Grin

"I like to say that Lex became interested in me when he learned that I'd been taught to use a shotgun at the age of 15,"
Hmmmm, I wonder if telling attractive gentlemen my Dad taught me to rabbit punch when I was four would work for me?
Couldn't hurt I reckon, and more easily relocatable than a Trebuchet that throws angry cats.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(11-05-2023, 10:29 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Couldn't hurt I reckon, and more easily relocatable than a Trebuchet that throws angry cats.
Wink

angry cats - that reminds of one of my all time favourite games  
https://www.addictinggames.com/funny/kitten-cannon

What can I say, we have dogs...

(11-05-2023, 11:55 PM)king1 Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 10:29 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Couldn't hurt I reckon, and more easily relocatable than a Trebuchet that throws angry cats.
Wink

angry cats - that reminds of one of my all time favourite games  

Oh noes!! I looked! Poor pussies. Confused
(12-05-2023, 06:58 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 11:55 PM)king1 Wrote: angry cats - that reminds of one of my all time favourite games  

Oh noes!! I looked! Poor pussies. Confused

whoops sorry, that link should have come with a warning

(12-05-2023, 08:51 PM)king1 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 06:58 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh noes!! I looked! Poor pussies. Confused

whoops sorry, that link should have come with a warning

Damn, 883 feet! Big Grin
(12-05-2023, 11:00 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 08:51 PM)king1 Wrote: whoops sorry, that link should have come with a warning

Damn, 883 feet! Big Grin
__

That's far too many feet for a proper cat --- - -- it couldn't even manage 100 feet per life - - - unless it was a near centicat.

Rolleyes
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Might be going through ManyPaws.
(13-05-2023, 02:09 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 11:00 PM)harm_less Wrote: Damn, 883 feet! Big Grin
__

That's far too many feet for a proper cat --- - -- it couldn't even manage 100 feet per life - - -  unless it was a near centicat.

Rolleyes
2,171ft this time Tongue
(13-05-2023, 03:21 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Might be going through ManyPaws.

Truly dreadful. Maybe even a catastrophy.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I can see an export market to the Ukraine opening up.
(15-05-2023, 05:21 PM)decibel Wrote: I can see an export market to the Ukraine opening up.
Maybe a reverse Flying Fox - perhaps wire guided angry cats using catenary catapults?

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(11-05-2023, 09:02 AM)Kenj Wrote: Lot of fun yesterday. Our Napier retirement village organised an outing and 38 of us boarded a bus for a mystery tour at 8.30am. We went to a medieval museum in the Ashley Clinton area of Central Hawkes Bay.

That's hilarious. And here I thought when they got let out they only did things like bowls and shopping. Or were made to stay in doing basket weaving and sit in chairs exercising with arm movements only.

Cool.
I like the arrow machine. And the giant one being lit. I want one of each.
(25-05-2023, 02:53 PM)piroska Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 09:02 AM)Kenj Wrote: Lot of fun yesterday. Our Napier retirement village organised an outing and 38 of us boarded a bus for a mystery tour at 8.30am. We went to a medieval museum in the Ashley Clinton area of Central Hawkes Bay.

That's hilarious. And here I thought when they got let out they only did things like bowls and shopping. Or were made to stay in doing basket weaving and sit in chairs exercising with arm movements only.

Thats a bit cruel Tongue There are some smart oldies here. Started making a list but have only got one name on it ...... Me  Cool Cool Cool Big Grin
(25-05-2023, 03:26 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(25-05-2023, 02:53 PM)piroska Wrote: That's hilarious. And here I thought when they got let out they only did things like bowls and shopping. Or were made to stay in doing basket weaving and sit in chairs exercising with arm movements only.

Thats a bit cruel Tongue There are some smart oldies here. Started making a list but have only got one name on it ...... Me  Cool Cool Cool Big Grin

I prefer not to have my name used.
And I wasn't referring to the inhabitants, it's the staff that generally are like that. As I said They got let...not they chose to..
(13-05-2023, 08:50 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(13-05-2023, 02:09 PM)R2x1 Wrote: __

That's far too many feet for a proper cat --- - -- it couldn't even manage 100 feet per life - - -  unless it was a near centicat.

Rolleyes
2,171ft this time Tongue

(26-05-2023, 04:44 PM)king1 Wrote:
(13-05-2023, 08:50 PM)harm_less Wrote: 2,171ft this time Tongue

2858 Ft
2858 ft - -  over half a mile, or nearly 3 centipedes!

Where's Tonto? At least we  know where the Long Ranger is was . . .
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.