Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
pro-vax is as bad as anti-vax
The mentality im hearing from some pro-vax is just as bad as the anti-vax crowd.

When I hear on TV from a vaccinated family saying that their unvaccinated friends and family cant come round for xmas dinner, im thinking to myself, whats the issue?
Unvaccinated are only a risk to themselves.

Will your vaccine only work if the people around you have it too? Huh
im fully vaxd and i dont care who is or isnt
yes i know
Most I know couldnt care less either.
Couldn't care less either.
Why not be annoyed at them? At this point it's the unvaxxed minority that's keeping us from going back to some semblance of normality.

Then there's the argument that unvaccinated people are more likely to spread the virus, which affects those that can't get vaccinated for medical reasons, and children.

So for those reasons I don't have much time for those that choose to not get vaccinated because "they think they know better" based on some misinformation they found on social media.

In saying that, everyone I know is vaccinated and I only ever come across anti-vaxxers online. It's a pretty small but vocal group.
I had an older women come up to me in the supermarket advising me not to have the vaccine as she said it was dangerous.
And just the other day sitting at the beach I overheard this woman aged around 60 telling another woman not to have the vaccine saying it was a trial and she'd either get 10% active ingredient, 100% saline, or 100% vaccine. When the lady said she's already had the vaccine, the woman then told her she could get it out of her body and to go to this website to find out how.
I don't think it's a small group opposing the vaccine at all but I was kind of surprised that it was older women who spoke out against the covid vaccine.
(18-10-2021, 08:44 PM)mazalinas Wrote: I had an older women come up to me in the supermarket advising me not to have the vaccine as she said it was dangerous.
And just the other day sitting at the beach I overheard this woman aged around 60 telling another woman not to have the vaccine saying it was a trial and she'd either get 10% active ingredient, 100% saline, or 100% vaccine. When the lady said she's already had the vaccine, the woman then told her she could get it out of her body and to go to this website to find out how.
I don't think it's a small group opposing the vaccine at all but I was kind of surprised that it was older women who spoke out against the covid vaccine.

It's a relatively small group actively peddling the disinformation. Unfortunately a much larger group are getting caught up in the misinfo and aren't sure what to believe. Older people are more suseptible to misinformation on social media as they often don't have the computer skills to know how to tell if a source is reliable or not. And this is another great reason why I'm anti anti-vaxxers, but I'm talking about the hardcore group who are actively spreading the misinformation.
(05-10-2021, 11:35 AM)nzoomed Wrote: The mentality im hearing from some pro-vax is just as bad as the anti-vax crowd.

When I hear on TV from a vaccinated family saying that their unvaccinated friends and family cant come round for xmas dinner, im thinking to myself, whats the issue?

I think that unvaccinated are a risk to  more than just themselves.   If they have the virus they can pass it on to children and others who are unvaccinated.   Those who are vaccinated can also be infected, albeit to a lesser extent.

Vax-a-nation!!!
(19-10-2021, 07:23 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 11:35 AM)nzoomed Wrote: The mentality im hearing from some pro-vax is just as bad as the anti-vax crowd.

I think that unvaccinated are a risk to  more than just themselves.   If they have the virus they can pass it on to children and others who are unvaccinated.   Those who are vaccinated can also be infected, albeit to a lesser extent.

Vax-a-nation!!!
pretty much, i just crackup when I hear from some friends in Auckland that are fully vaccinated and are still too "scared" to go out in public.
What have they got to worry about?
Its kids that are the ones who are going to spread it around, but thankfully they have the lowest risk of getting seriously ill from it.
(19-10-2021, 10:02 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(19-10-2021, 07:23 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: I think that unvaccinated are a risk to  more than just themselves.   If they have the virus they can pass it on to children and others who are unvaccinated.   Those who are vaccinated can also be infected, albeit to a lesser extent.

Vax-a-nation!!!
pretty much, i just crackup when I hear from some friends in Auckland that are fully vaccinated and are still too "scared" to go out in public.
Its kids that are the ones who are going to spread it around, but thankfully they have the lowest risk of getting seriously ill from it.

There's still a risk, 7 children between 0-9 were hospitalised in this outbreak, out of 338 cases. Which is a surprisingly high percentage even relative to the other age groups.
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/dise...mographics

But yeah I don't get why fully vaccinated people would be scared to go outside, especially when the vast majority of people now have at least one jab.

Being fully vaccinated is great, ticket to freedom! Bring on the booster shot.
Have got one nephew who is holding out on vaccination. He was going to visit "Nan and Pops" this weekend, but Nan has said he's not welcome. Christmas is going to be awkward this year!
(19-10-2021, 12:23 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Have got one nephew who is holding out on vaccination. He was going to visit "Nan and Pops" this weekend, but Nan has said he's not welcome. Christmas is going to be awkward this year!
Ive heard similar things with a few I know.
Xmas in Auckland is going to be near impossible anyway, especially if you have friends over the border.
They may let vaccinated through, will wait and see i guess.

People with Covid  risk passing it to others.

Unvaccinated people are more likely to get Covid.
(19-10-2021, 10:02 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(19-10-2021, 07:23 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: I think that unvaccinated are a risk to  more than just themselves.   If they have the virus they can pass it on to children and others who are unvaccinated.   Those who are vaccinated can also be infected, albeit to a lesser extent.

Vax-a-nation!!!
The vaccination doesn't prevent us getting ill, it reduces the impact of that illness. The reason I continue to be very wary of going out is I don't want to get ill at all. I have an ongoing lung problem, even a mild covid infection could threaten me and there are a lot of community cases unidentified in Auckland. Even in my lovely leafy neighbourhood. And a lot of non compliant people choosing to ignore restrictions. So while I am not scared, I'm doing what I can to protect myself and those around me for as long as I can. Because that's actually what sensible people do in our situation.
(20-10-2021, 09:50 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(19-10-2021, 10:02 AM)nzoomed Wrote: pretty much, i just crackup when I hear from some friends in Auckland that are fully vaccinated and are still too "scared" to go out in public.
The vaccination doesn't prevent us getting ill, it reduces the impact of that illness. The reason I continue to be very wary of going out is I don't want to get ill at all. I have an ongoing lung problem, even a mild covid infection could threaten me and there are a lot of community cases unidentified in Auckland. Even in my lovely leafy neighbourhood. And a lot of non compliant people choosing to ignore restrictions. So while I am not scared, I'm doing what I can to protect myself and those around me for as long as I can. Because that's actually what sensible people do in our situation.
Yes, and thats sensible enough, i just see a few fit and healthy people that are still scared.
I really think the anxiety around the whole thing is somewhat bad for peoples health too.

People are still getting sick after being vaccinated but from what i can tell, it reduces the seriousness of it, but for those in poor health, its benefits may be lower.

I reckon there must be a reasonable amount of covid19 in circulation in Auckland.
I had someone a few weeks ago (I was wearing a mask) ask me why I was scared of COVID. I'm not scared of it (double jabbed), but my work life is busy and I don't want to get sick, least of all from COVID. It's like anything in life, we make small sacrifices to reduce risk. Seat belts and speed limits are a great example of that. Vaccines and masks are just tools we have to minimise our risk. They may not be 100% effective, but it's better than nothing. If I had tools to stop me from getting the common cold, I'd probably use those too, simply because it's distruptive.
Big Grin 
@nzoomed Pro-vax do have that slightly annoying trait of having the science on their side
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(20-10-2021, 11:49 AM)king1 Wrote: @nzoomed Pro-vax do have that slightly annoying trait of having the science on their side

Big Grin Pesky facts!
We are also gaining ground and becoming a substantial majority, lol.
Auckland still need 200,00 vaccinated before they even get to the 90%.