Poll: Who will you be voting for in 2023?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Act
30.00%
6 30.00%
Greens
10.00%
2 10.00%
Labour
15.00%
3 15.00%
National
25.00%
5 25.00%
NZ First
0%
0 0%
Other
0%
0 0%
Undecided
15.00%
3 15.00%
5.00%
1 5.00%
Māori Party
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who will you be voting for? (2021 edition)
By request of member "Outsider", here's your 2021 edition "Who will you be voting for?" poll.

Obviously we're a long way from the next election, but it will be interesting to see how alliances have changed during government's pandemic response. 

Remember, keep it friendly. Voting is anonymous  Smile If I've missed out any parties, let me know.

For reference, here are last year's poll results (keeping in mind our sample size is quite small).

Act
15.00%

Green Party
15.00%

Labour
20.00%

National
15.00%

NZ First
5.00%

Other
10.00%

Undecided
20.00%
Thanks, videomonkey. I'm still undecided and someone will have to win me over with outstanding promises!
Haven't heard anything to convince me yet.
We need an injection of new blood - not sure who, but someone mentioned Shane Reti which seems reasonable.

Any views on Shane Reti - or any other alternatives?
I support good people not parties so I have an open mind.
(21-10-2021, 03:30 PM)Outsider Wrote: Thanks, videomonkey. I'm still undecided and someone will have to win me over with outstanding promises!
Haven't heard anything to convince me yet.
We need an injection of new blood - not sure who, but someone mentioned Shane Reti which seems reasonable.

Any views on Shane Reti - or any other alternatives?
I support good people not parties so I have an open mind.

I think Shane Reti would be a good choice for National.  He is well educated, well spoken, has few if any skeletons.  Him with Bridges as deputy could be a good combo.  People keep talking about Luxon but he doesn't have th experience yet - certainly I have seen nothing that would say he should be leader.
Wouldnt the irony be Labour, the party of Maori, have never had a Maori leader yet National have had two?
(27-10-2021, 09:02 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Him with Bridges as deputy could be a good combo.

Suspect that would be far too much "colour" for the old-school National voter.

Parties these days tend to try and install a male-female combo, so National might need to fumble around for a strong female deputy - they're a bit lean on suitable women. The slightly clueless Nicola Willis has been making waves but she might have tied herself a bit too tightly to Collins.

National are fighting a battle on two fronts at the moment. One against Labour obviously, and one against Act. Currently not winning either it must be said.
I'm undecided; once again it may come down to the best of a bad bunch at the time.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-10-2021, 01:45 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm undecided; once again it may come down to the best of a bad bunch at the time.
sure
yes i know
Don't vote. It only encourages them!. Smile
I'm the first TOP voter!