Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russell Coutts accuses Government of 'dictatorship'
New Zealand Herald: Covid 19 Delta outbreak: Sir Russell Coutts accuses Government of 'dictatorship' in social media post.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/covid-1...JQ4PXX4C4/
And of all the kiwis old enough to remember who this guy is, they all immediately dismissed whatever opinion he may have, since he will forever be remembered as the biggest money-hungry traitor that ever existed. This is all I think of when I hear ‘Loyal’ from Dave Dobbyn.
Shame on him. Go crawl back to the rock you hide under. What a creep this guy is.
(28-10-2021, 08:44 AM)Pips111 Wrote: And of all the kiwis old enough to remember who this guy is, they all immediately dismissed whatever opinion he may have have since he will forever be remembered as the biggest traitor. This is all I think of when I hear ‘Loyal’ from Dave Dobbyn.
unfortunately, that is the case...
Irrespective of who said it the accusation has some merit.
(28-10-2021, 08:44 AM)Pips111 Wrote: And of all the kiwis old enough to remember who this guy is, they all immediately dismissed whatever opinion he may have, since he will forever be remembered as the biggest money-hungry traitor that ever existed. This is all I think of when I hear ‘Loyal’ from Dave Dobbyn.
Shame on him. Go crawl back to the rock you hide under. What a creep this guy is.
as if you wouldnt change jobs for way more money, Americas cup was never a national race it was big business
yes i know
I do wonder if the bar has been set too high, in wanting all DHB's to get to 90% before we go into the traffic light system. In a way, I do feel like that is holding the country to ransom, in order to achieve an unattainable goal. Is this what is, what some might call, a dictatorship?? Are we being controlled?

Is Russell Coutts simply trying to demoralise and undermine us all, at a time where we need to be together as the "team of 5 million", and support what the PM and DG/MOH are trying so hard to do?

(28-10-2021, 08:44 AM)Pips111 Wrote: And of all the kiwis old enough to remember who this guy is, they all immediately dismissed whatever opinion he may have, since he will forever be remembered as the biggest money-hungry traitor that ever existed. This is all I think of when I hear ‘Loyal’ from Dave Dobbyn.
I remember how much people hated him, and called him a traitor to his country, and I was one of them, because I thought about the lack of loyalty and betrayal.

But, as the years have past, I do believe that he did what was right for him and his family, and it surely is what most of us would have done.

And, with him jumping ship, it gave someone else a chance to step up and take over the steering wheel. And didn't we do well. Many times in life, a 'loss' of any sort, can be a catalyst for something better, and I believe that we have that in Burling and Tuke et al.
We never really thought the Cup was anything other than a rich man's game. It was great fun to watch though.
He sounds overly melodramatic - 'dictatorship' is well OTT.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(28-10-2021, 01:38 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: He sounds overly melodramatic - 'dictatorship' is well OTT.
he is spot on
you wont see it because your a cindy fangirl drooling at every photo op
yes i know
I don't like Russell Coutts - not because he went over to another syndicate but because he took half the team with him. But to me, Peter Blake is the real hero of the America's Cup for New Zealand. Russell Coutts wouldn't even have had the chance to sail in it if it hadn't been for Peter Blake's fundraising, huge personality, and giving everyone the motivation to support the team. To me, Peter Blake is on a par with Ed Hillary and who knows what Peter could have achieved for the environment if his life had not been tragically cut short. He was an outstanding NZ hero - Russell Coutts was just a good sailor.
(28-10-2021, 05:59 PM)Outsider Wrote: I don't like Russell Coutts - not because he went over to another syndicate but because he took half the team with him. But to me, Peter Blake is the real hero of the America's Cup for New Zealand. Russell Coutts wouldn't even have had the chance to sail in it if it hadn't been for Peter Blake's fundraising, huge personality, and giving everyone the motivation to support the team. To me, Peter Blake is on a par with Ed Hillary and who knows what Peter could have achieved for the environment if his life had not been tragically cut short. He was an outstanding NZ hero - Russell Coutts was just a good sailor.
What a wonderful man Sir Peter Blake was. Such a tragedy to lose him.
He got us all excited about the AC with the 'red socks' promotion. That was amazing.
(28-10-2021, 05:41 PM)jim157 Wrote:
(28-10-2021, 01:38 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: He sounds overly melodramatic - 'dictatorship' is well OTT.
he is spot on

Rolleyes
Oh really? And can you tell us the lotto numbers for next week, or will you get that wrong too?
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-10-2021, 10:15 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(28-10-2021, 05:41 PM)jim157 Wrote: he is spot on

Rolleyes
Oh really? And can you tell us the lotto numbers for next week, or will you get that wrong too?
Ignore is good to not see one on here.
(29-10-2021, 10:31 AM)Don Wrote:
(29-10-2021, 10:15 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Rolleyes
Ignore is good to not see one on here.
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/usercp.php?action=editlists

Punctuation is good too.
(29-10-2021, 10:54 AM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(29-10-2021, 10:31 AM)Don Wrote: Ignore is good to not see one on here.
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/usercp.php?action=editlists

Punctuation is good too.
Thanks.
He is pretty much 100% correct.