Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
Star 
Tick Tock....50 days to go.

I really don't enjoy Christmas. It's not the fun time for me, as it is for many others.

I buy about 3 gifts and that's it. Maybe the odd card to make and give.
Whats christmas...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Oh dear, and there I thought I was the only grinch around here...
We just buy for our 3 grandchildren...it gets harder the older they get - the oldest is 11.
I do have other cameras!
Started - and finished. One lovely present for only granddaughter (1 year old), and transferred money to son on his own in London.
Daughter and SIL say they don't give presents any more - well I have been telling everyone for years that we don't need anything and not to buy us anything.
We'll just spend time with them and have a BBQ and some yummy food.
"It isn't Christmas shopping unless it is done on Christmas Eve!"
A smile is more contagious than a virus. Smile
I wonder how many people will do their Christmas shopping online this year.
(07-11-2021, 06:09 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: "It  isn't Christmas shopping unless it is done on Christmas Eve!"

That was what we did in UK when I was a child but it's not the same here.
LOts of atmosphere over there in those days, with lights and decorations all through town, carts selling hot chestnuts, and a huge Christmas tree from Norway in front of the Town Hall.
Also schoolchildren from various schools sang carols on the steps of the Town Hall.
Not to mention the thousands of people having fun and in a good mood - I loved it, and going home loaded with shopping bags.

We then went home and put up our own decorations after tea - paper chains, balloons and crepe paper chains.
Midnight Mass when I was older.
Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?

Mine's all done, thank goodness.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
I don't do Xmas shopping. This year I'm not even doing Xmas with my family. I would if it were a more relaxing experience!

I do want to find a housewarming gift for a nice couple I'm friends with.
Autumn comes
(19-12-2021, 11:23 AM)an amniote Wrote: I don't do Xmas shopping. This year I'm not even doing Xmas with my family. I would if it were a more relaxing experience!

I do want to find a housewarming gift for a nice couple I'm friends with.
A plant or shrub maybe?

Asking the question in a thread, can bring out some good ideas.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
I’ve just settled on a nigella and a peppermint from the local market, grown by a friend’s daughter. The peppermint is a lovely multicoloured one with leaves in green, red, and white.

Now to find a card…
Autumn comes
Done & dusted - except for the possible & still hoped for arrival of two smaller gifts, which are rather late but fingers crossed. Smile

Although - I did swear in the supermarket today; didn't mean to but found myself saying 'Bloody Xmas!' - luckily the checkout woman laughed & agreed. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I'm looking for one for me.

Or rather, another one for me...
(20-12-2021, 04:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I'm looking for one for me.

Or rather, another one for me...
Another what?
Christmas present of course! I need lots. I have been very very good this year. Besides, the economy needs me to spend, spend, spend...

And I want one of those leg rest things for my outdoor chair. So I can recline in luxury like the spoilt woman I yearn to be...
(20-12-2021, 04:49 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Christmas present of course! I need lots. I have been very very good this year. Besides, the economy needs me to spend, spend, spend...

And I want one of those leg rest things for my outdoor chair. So I can recline in luxury like the spoilt woman I yearn to be...
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(20-12-2021, 04:49 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Christmas present of course! I need lots. I have been very very good this year. Besides, the economy needs me to spend, spend, spend...

Don't we all.... Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)