Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
morning ladies Smile keeping the thread rolling. It's a busy day today with my benign lump being removed and MrK's brother-in-law passing away. Thank goodness we said our goodbyes yesterday.

I'm going to start planning and designing my next embroidery piece using a gorgeous photo of a tui a friend took. Can't wait to use silk threads or even the silky rayon threads I have. I'm still pottering on with my hand pieced hexagon quilt. Nothing fancy, just random hexagons. Random is hard for me to do but now it's slowly getting bigger, it's not looking too bad.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Sometimes a peaceful end is a blessing - sad for the loved ones .I am having my first shot today - I have had to fight to get it because of my lung heart which interesting are the damages caused by polio - the district nurse is coming here - if I don’t get it my family and friends will be too scared to come here in case they bring the bug in - that was the hardest part when my husband was ill we all knew if he even got a sniffle his lungs couldn’t cope -
Anyway it’s a grey cold old day here today so the aircon is on high - the coffee pot is bubbling away so crochet hook here I come
I uploaded Flickr to my iPad but still can’t seem to upload photos from my iPad - I have dragged my desktop computer out of the I don’t need it anymore pile - think I will have to find a space to reconnect it - anybody load photos from iPad 
morning ladies Smile Sorry JanW, I use our laptop for this site and Flickr so aren't much help there. Wow, I can't believe you had to argue to get your first jab! You would think your doctor would have you being first in line! We have MrK's brother-in-law's funeral today. Pretty quick but we need to make the most of L2. Who knows how long that is going to last for us. It was a relief when he passed as it was a long long illness.

My lump was removed and I'm a tad tender but nothing panadol won't fix. I'll find out in two weeks what the results are.

Yesterday I started designing my tui embroidery. I found a photo I took in 2017 of a tui eating from a kowhai tree. Love the colours in the photo so should be fun to stitch. I just have to decide what threads to use now.

happy crafting Smile
(04-11-2021, 04:44 PM)JanW Wrote: I uploaded Flickr to my iPad but still can’t seem to upload photos from my iPad - I have dragged my desktop computer out of the I don’t need it anymore pile - think I will have to find a space to reconnect it - anybody load photos from iPad 
iPhones and iPads generally don't have an accessible file system so you won't be able to use the standard upload attachment feature.  Only option will be linking to an image stored online in flickr or similar.

To upload directly would require some kind of app to directly upload files to the board, which I am not sure exists...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
You need Westerland, she is a glorious climber. I might be a bit biased though, I got married under her richness. She was almost better dressed than I was...
morning ladies Smile Omgg oh hunihuni, I know the rose Westerland and she is one fabulous rose.

I'm just pottering about this morning. Apparently I wasn't suppose to do the housework and strip and remake the bed yesterday. Oh well, what's done is done.

I've finished sketching my design from the photo and am about to choose colours, my favourite bit next to the actual embroidery. I don't have enough rayon thread or any silks so will stick to my DMC polyester threads for now. This can always be a practice piece anyway.

Happy crafting Smile
(06-11-2021, 10:27 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: morning ladies Smile  Omgg oh hunihuni, I know the rose Westerland and she is one fabulous rose. 

I'm just pottering about this morning.  Apparently I wasn't suppose to do the housework and strip and remake the bed yesterday.  Oh well, what's done is done.

I've finished sketching my design from the photo and am about to choose colours, my favourite bit next to the actual embroidery.  I don't have enough rayon thread or any silks so will stick to my DMC polyester threads for now.  This can always be a practice piece anyway.

Happy crafting Smile
Hi Kiwimade.. I made it finally lol..  Will have to save the page now. Im guessing I can just leave it signed on llike I do with TM.  I hope you have been resting after doing your lawn today... I have shopped till I dropped lol but it was good.
afternoon ladies Smile lol popeye, I knew you would make it eventually. Lawns mowed with some help from MrK. He moved the wheelie bins for me as they got quite heavy and emptied one catcher load... oh well...better than nothing. Stitches come out Monday Smile

No crafting today, I've finished reading the latest Jack Reacher story so I can return the book to my sister-in-law.
morning ladies Smile has anyone seen this quilting site? Maybe I'm behind the times lol but the patterns are gorgeous and there are some free ones. I've downloaded a free pattern to see how I go as I'm a newbie at quilting. If I can successfully sew it I'll buy one of the bigger patterns.

https://www.byannie.com/patterns

Time to vacum with the Furry One's help. He knows it's almost time to get the vacum out as the rest of the housework has been done. He leads me to the cupboard barking lol. I must video him so you can see how much of a 'help' he is. I no longer have a vacum foot as he has chewed it and it's been tricky getting a replacement. I just have to muddle on for now.

Happy crafting Smile
Good morning - had a quick look at that site - many things look interesting to make.I heard Mike Hosking interview Lee Childs and his brother who is taking over the writing of the Reacher books last week - will be interesting to see what happens 
My kids have bought me a veggie pod for Xmas - the veggie garden here is down the back of the section bordering on the reserve - I like to water the garden and potter round in the evening but the mosquitoes down there coming off the creek made it unbearable - for some reason they find me delectable - have to design what to plant where in my pod - even though I can get what I want from Robies veggie department you have to grow your own in HB 
Popeye your father Xmas are fabulous - wish somebody could teach you aurigumi 
I swapped some lemons and an old chair with excellent bones which I always intended to recover for a handmade fruit loaf - the young Mum has just dropped it off smells delicious  - I think she will do a good job of the chair - it belonged to an old Aunt can’t think of the name of it - springs under the cushions and wooden arms - they were all the go in the 50s
Have a good day everybody
I so want a vegie pod. Might indulge in one of the Warehouse clones next year if the budget permits. I have a few things on my Want list, but the Must Have list though shorter is a lot more expensive. Batteries. 2 x $239, but hey the woman has to have wheels...

(12-11-2021, 09:21 AM)JanW Wrote: Good morning - had a quick look at that site - many things look interesting to make.I heard Mike Hosking interview Lee Childs and his brother who is taking over the writing of the Reacher books last week - will be interesting to see what happens 
My kids have bought me a veggie pod for Xmas - the veggie garden here is down the back of the section bordering on the reserve - I like to water the garden and potter round in the evening but the mosquitoes down there coming off the creek made it unbearable - for some reason they find me delectable - have to design what to plant where in my pod - even though I can get what I want from Robies veggie department you have to grow your own in HB 
Popeye your father Xmas are fabulous - wish somebody could teach you aurigumi 
I swapped some lemons and an old chair with excellent bones which I always intended to recover for a handmade fruit loaf - the young Mum has just dropped it off smells delicious  - I think she will do a good job of the chair - it belonged to an old Aunt can’t think of the name of it - springs under the cushions and wooden arms - they were all the go in the 50s
Have a good day everybody
Sounds like a Parker Knoll maybe?
morning ladies Smile you and me both JanW! Those damed mozzies love me too but leave MrK alone. It's crazy how tasty they find me. Our granddaughter has the same problem and comes up with big welts from their bites.

Those vegie pods look really neat, we saw them at the Field Days a few years ago. When my time comes to be on my own I'll look at one then, I think. For now, MrK is happy with his raised vegie beds he built and he's 'in charge' of the vegie department.

JanW, there was a transcript interview in the back of the Jack Reacher book with Lee Child's brother and he was saying there is a TV series of Jack Reacher being made and both him and Lee are hoping it will be much better than the movies. The series will be able to concentrate on a book and have all the nuances the books have. Heaven knows why they sold the rights to Tom Cruise, the money must have been damed good to ruin a decent story. You can tell I'm not a Tom Cruise fan lol.

It's a lovely wet day here, perfect for the garden as it's a nice gentle rain now. So a perfect day to start some Christmas sewing. I found a free pattern for a summer bucket hat with sizes from the smallest kiddie to adult and it looks straight forward to sew. The actual pattern is under 'download' and the instructions under 'print' as they aren't together. I need to get to Spotlight as I saw some 'unicorn' fabric and I would like to look for 'dinosaur' fabric for the grandkids to make the hats.

Happy crafting Smile

https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/the-buc...g-pattern/
morning ladies Smile A rather windy start to the day today but it looks like the rain is easing off for a bit.

I see TM has the message boards still but I would imagine today will be the last day.

This morning I'm having my stitches out and I'm hoping my results are back too. Then while I'm in town, I'll have a look around for the grandkids Christmas pressies. Our son wants a rubbish bin cover built for his shop as his Christmas present lol. MrK will build it for him but I'll also get him something to open on Christmas morning. He son tried to open his shop yesterday but the protesters stopped traffic and in the end he had to close. He was sooo pis*** off and I don't blame him. It will be an 'opening' he won't forget that's for sure.

I finished sewing a quilted bag yesterday but am disappointed with my sewing. It has nothing to do with the pattern, that's great, it's just me on a learning curve. It was worth the effort as I did learn a lot along the way. I will sew it again though as it will be perfect for use as a toiletries bag or for the tablet, charger etc when staying away from home.

This afternoon I want to stitch more of the tui. I've found another photo that has clearer colours so I'll be working from both photos. I saw on TV1's 'Sunday', the teeny tiny titi pounamu. OMG, what a treasure that wee bird is. Babies the size of bumblebees <3

The Furry One is out sniffing for rabbits. Mama Rabbit was on the lawn last evening and he had three attempts to catch her. She's the one we need gone. But in the meantime, the Furry One is kept busy and is one happy Jack Russell.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning everyone,
Yeah I just looked and its still there for now....

Oh hunni hunni my friend got a vege pod thing, so far they have managed to cook their seedlings, so be careful. I like the height of them for sure.

I was talking to David last night, we both reckon TMs sales will go down now, cos countless times Ive looked something up while being on the MBs so no doubt alot of others have too.

Good luck with having the stitches out today Kiwimade.. do keep some sort of cream on the wound to keep the scar soft.

I unpicked the side burns on one of the Santa's yesterday so should get that sorted later.. just had too much other stuff to do.

Off to the rest home this morning.. after I've made some date scones.. we will have a scone date lol..

Im hoping the boundaries are loosened today. A friend in Tauranga hasn't seen her son since July and is missing him desperatly. Shes going through the same sadness and anger that I was.

Have an awesome day everyone.... Kiwimade thank you for setting this up for us.
Morning all
Nice day here, had to leave the gym due to paint fumes from down the corridor eyes, lips and tongue affected will take a while to settle grr....
Have fun looking for Xmas pressies KM, you will be pleased to have those stitches removed.
Date scones are my fav Popeye
Fiddled with a dress pattern that I won on Saturday. Did a full bust alteration but I won't do any more pattern fitting u till I get together with sewing friend fitting is so much easier with someone to help.
The cottonnyarn is knitting up nicely and this laceynpattern is only 6 rows so it is easy to pick up and see what row you are up to.
Errands this morning and meeting this afternoon so no sewing today
Have a good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
The TM MB has gone, must have done it at noon..
(15-11-2021, 12:13 PM)popeye333 Wrote: The TM MB has gone, must have done it at noon..
It went just after 10am, I was in middle of posting, went to post message and poof, went to new community page,
(15-11-2021, 06:15 AM)popeye333 Wrote: Morning everyone,
Yeah I just looked and its still there for now....

Oh hunni hunni my friend got a vege pod thing, so far they have managed to cook their seedlings, so be careful.  I like the height of them for sure.

I was talking to David last night, we both reckon TMs sales will go down now, cos countless times Ive looked something up while being on the MBs so no doubt alot of others have too.

Good luck with having the stitches out today Kiwimade.. do keep some sort of cream on the wound to keep the scar soft.

I unpicked the side burns on one of the Santa's yesterday so should get that sorted later.. just had too much other stuff to do.

Off to the rest home this morning.. after I've made some date scones.. we will have a scone date lol..

Im hoping the boundaries are loosened today. A friend in Tauranga hasn't seen her son since July and is missing him desperatly. Shes going through the same sadness and anger that I was.

Have an awesome day everyone.... Kiwimade thank you for setting this up for us.
Black pots have a habit of overheating. I lost matching camellias in black containers that way. Lesson learned...
morning ladies Smile You're welcome, popeye. It was no biggie to start the thread. Just glad we have somewhere to go.

It looks like it's going to be a lovely day today. All this warm weather has the garden going nuts. Yesterday afternoon MrK heard a huge cracking sound and turned around in time to see a massive branch fall off a tree on the farm opposite us. Thank goodness the cows are in another paddock.

I've started sewing bucket hats for the grandkids and my sister has asked me to sew some for hers too. There will be a bit of fabric left over and I'll sew matching scrunchies for the girls, no biggie but should look cute and use up a bit of scrap.

I didn't get a chance to work on my tui, will try again today lol. Oh well, it's not a gift so there is no hurry to finish.

Happy crafting Smile