Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Appointments done.
Had a nice chat with the Diabetes Nurse who reckons I should talk to my dr about dropping the oral med I still take. Was a nice catch up lol.

Did my shopping. Broke and barely got enough to fill two bags. But I got two of the longest leeks I've seen, carrots and potatoes for the soup.

Soup is on, smells good. Pity I dont like it lol. Wasn't much meat on the ham bone, so I threw some bacon in as well. It will be a nice thick soup. I wont put noodles in , like MrP liked. mainly cos I didn't think of them till now lol. and the girls might not enjoy it that way.

Forgot to put the tv on for the budget, so I've just put 501 on . Waiting for Mrs. Fluff to shut up and tell us what is happening, rather than dishing the previous governments message again.
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Sunny here so got a bit done in the garden. When I was out yesterday I saw some men's woollen zip top jerseys in Postie plus. Reasonably good quality but at $50 each a bit more than I had with me. I gave it some thought & realised they'd do very well for birthday gifts for my three sweetie darlings for next year, so re jigged my budget & went to get them today - only to find they'd been marked down to $35 each. Excellent result, so they're now put away for next year.

I was in the dogbox earlier & the catbox too. I did both Madame Le Dog & Madame Le Cat for fleas. They did not approve; quite pleased they can't talk but I've been forgiven now.
Dinner is on the horizon...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/...566860.jpg
Over my back fence this morning - the little dogs owner was frantic trying to catch up in case I was frightened of her little staffi -very relieved when I told her we had staffis for years .So lucky to open my back gate to this lovely reserve
Gorgeous autumn colours, & lovely wee dog. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Our reserve is carpeted in huge brown plane tree leaves, and the brisk breeze is tossing them way up high, it is quite wonderful watching them. Huge piles around the village too, lovely to crunch crunch crunch through. Makes me feel like a kid again!

I had fun after the bed changing exercise, renovating a rather lovely pair of tan leather ankle boots that needed lots of love and leather conditioner. They are now a deep chestnut colour and I look forward to taking them for a scoot tomorrow, along with that firey mohair scarf. Might be a bit too warm though, they're telling us 18 degrees tomorrow. I will believe it when I feel it.

I need milk powder (I make my own as I need it), bread, and glue to fix the wee tear in the jacket - the weekend project.

Those crisp sheets on the bed are good though, always nice to climb into a freshly made bed! Almost makes all that hassle worthwhile!
morning ladies Smile It's cold so far but we have been assured by the weather people it will warm up. Like Lilith, I'll believe it when I see it lol.

I hope you will all enjoy the $2.25 a week the government is giving us at the end of July Tongue Am wondering how we will spend it or should we tuck it away for a rainy day... Tongue I feel for the cancer patients expecting National to honour their election promise and fund their drugs. That could be any of us at any stage of our lives. A cruel promise to break.

Gorgeous photo, Jan. Our neighbour's kids raked up all the leaves from off the farm and played in the pile yesterday after school. So good to see kids still do that Heart

My sister-in-law is visiting today and will take some more of our old bricks back with her for the new garden steps she is building. It's a win-win for us all, she gets free bricks, and we get them gone Big Grin

The guy who bought the fishing rod took all three, now we only have the rod holders to sell and that will be it.

Coffee is finished, better get moving and start some housework. No point vacuuming as my sister-in-law will bring her dogs and three dogs in and out of the house will be madness today. The Furry One will be exhausted tonight.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning everyone

It is warm here this morning. Nice to be honest lol.

My Aussie friend was doing a moan last night about the budget. Nothing for us she said... I Said no one should expect anything, that way you dont get upset. Does feel odd tho. But They are looking after their grand daughter, Im not sure if they will get anything or not.

I have the soup all ready for the Home today. Just washed my bread and butter plates. They haven't been used for ages. I text David to remind him last night and his reply was He doesn't know if he will be there, he doesn't like confrontation. Which is laughable since he is the one that constantly goes to the manager. But if he misses out, there will be another day cos I dont eat soup. And its a big pot full. There will still be 3 liters in the fridge, which Ill freeze tonight.

I too feel sorry for the cancer sufferers. I get what they are trying to do. But this is one thing they shouldn't be ignoring.

Love Autum Leaves. Pukekohe's parallel main street, I dont know the name is lined with trees. Last week the roads were covered. I did wonder how they get on when it rains. And blocked drains.

Have a fab day all
Good morning. 

Much warmer today so far with sun shining. 

$2.50 is not much to play with ... am happy that it is not a negative figure though! I think my offspring might be a bit better off and some towards childcare as well. Budgets are designed to p*ss people off in my memory,  lol.

DH out this morning to a meeting so I might might see if anything worth buying in the Farmers sale, namely underwear, lol. Once upon a time that $2.50 might have bought something   Big Grin

Good job with the soup Popeye ... love it during the winter. I'm carrying on a generations long tradition!

Better get going. 

Enjoy the day all.
Morning all 
Mild day here expecting sun

Beautiful  autumn  colours JanW  staff's lovely wee dogs too.

Volunteer day yesterday and another run to op shop  then I needed a nana nap . Friend came for dinner again last night his wife expected to be in hospital for at least another 2 days making 9 day total. 

Food hunt this morning then back down to sewing cave I got interrupted  on Tuesday DS dropped off DGD2 to us while he played a game squash.

Fire alarm is going off at the school at the moment 2 engines turned up so far expect another from another suburb  to turn up soon.  We get a good view of the valley from our place.

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Very thankful I'm not one of thse poor cancer patients who were told their life saving drugs would be funded by govt, & now won't be.

Lots of Autumn leaves over at the park, Madame Le Dog & i swish thought them every day.
When the grandkids were little, I'd take them over to swish through the leaves because when you swish through leaves, you can't be grumpy because you just have to smile.
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/...710521.jpg
Couldn’t resist sharing ! Really tickled my fancy as my Mum would say
(31-05-2024, 12:36 PM)Jan Wrote: https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/...710521.jpg

Love it Cool
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Ta Da! Tulip bulbs planted. Late but...

Tick!

(31-05-2024, 11:55 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Very thankful I'm not one of thse poor cancer patients who were told their life saving drugs would be funded by govt, & now won't be.

Lots of Autumn leaves over at the park, Madame Le Dog & i swish thought them every day.
When the grandkids were little, I'd take them over to swish through the leaves because when you swish through leaves, you can't be grumpy  because you just have to smile.

Just talking to a neighbour who was complaining about all the leaves. "Oh no, I love kicking through those lovely piles!" sez I, to be met with a funny look.

Some people miss out on so much free happies...
(31-05-2024, 12:36 PM)Jan Wrote: https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/...710521.jpg

I love it too lol.. At least she feels happy to be losing it.
(31-05-2024, 03:21 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ta Da! Tulip bulbs planted. Late but...

Tick!

(31-05-2024, 11:55 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Very thankful I'm not one of thse poor cancer patients who were told their life saving drugs would be funded by govt, & now won't be.

When the grandkids were little, I'd take them over to swish through the leaves because when you swish through leaves, you can't be grumpy  because you just have to smile.

Just talking to a neighbour who was complaining about all the leaves. "Oh no, I love kicking through those lovely piles!" sez I, to be met with a funny look.

Some people miss out on so much free happies...

They do, don't they. And some of them are forever out there raking & blowing them instead of leaving them be to do what they do. 

My religious (but lovely & very community minded) neighbours asked me once years ago if I'd like them to rake up the leaves out the front on the berm - I think they were surprised when I said 'Oh no thanks - I like the way they look lying out there'.... Rolleyes
Been a warm day here..

The soup went down well.. Bit warm for soup if you ask me. But I left the leftovers there for them tomorrow.

David still has a pip and didn't turn up. He dropped off my plate here but didn't knock or stay. So he's obviously still having his hissy. He will come around tho. I told him via text there is soup he can have if he goes to see Cam over the weekend.

My Blanket is here. OMG its heavy lol.. It does come with a soft mink style cover. Which I should imagine will be a wild one (Witch) to put on. So I figure Ill have to do it up on the bed, as that saves bending. And I might do it when Erin is here.
I had it in my head they were weighted by metal bits. But its actually tiny glass beads.. Making it dry cleanable. At least with the cover it can delay the need for cleaning.

Ken who was in the same room as MrP is now in the first rest home. So I said hello.. he remembers me. I also warned the staff what he can be like. The standards have dropped tho. I never saw him with whiskers at the other home.

Time for my games
Many happy memories with piles of leaves for play ... even the dog(s) would be galvanised into zoomie sessions through and around, lol!

Love the sheep knitting her wool Jan  Smile
My cheeky sister friend said to make sure I have my phone with me, incase I cant get out from underneath the blanket, I assured her I would.. and Id make sure I used the bathroom before going to bed too lol.

I understand how my other friend says its like sleeping in a hug.
I gave up duvets a few years ago now, when I bought a rather lovely bedspread on TM from Morgan and Finch. Pure cotton, embossed design in pale blue. Perfect for summer with just a sheet, and transitions to winter if I layer on my beautiful beloved Amish quilts. So I waited and eventually scored a second bedspread in pale green, so I can swap them around. But the winter layers do make for a heavier weight, so I get the pleasure and comfort of sleeping under the heavier weights when it is cool out there. But lots of people prefer the lightweight of puffies, I am used to those layers now, especially the quilts and they each come with some lovely memories of the fabulous ladies who made them and sold them to this strange kiwi woman who was so curious about the Amish way of life. So I sleep with my adventures wrapping me, and that is a special joy.

And tg4 Trademe, I still haunt the Morgan and Finch listings, lol...
(31-05-2024, 06:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I gave up duvets a few years ago now, when I bought a rather lovely bedspread on TM from Morgan and Finch. Pure cotton, embossed design in pale blue. Perfect for summer with just a sheet, and transitions to winter if I layer on my beautiful beloved Amish quilts. So I waited and eventually scored a second bedspread in pale green, so I can swap them around. But the winter layers do make for a heavier weight, so I get the pleasure and comfort of sleeping under the heavier weights when it is cool out there. But lots of people prefer the lightweight of puffies, I am used to those layers now, especially the quilts and they each come with some lovely memories of the fabulous ladies who made them and sold them to this strange kiwi woman who was so curious about the Amish way of life. So I sleep with my adventures wrapping me, and that is a special joy.

And tg4 Trademe, I still haunt the Morgan and Finch listings, lol...

I haven't done duvets for many years. Just kept the covers to cover the pure wool blankets. I like the weight and that's why I thought this blanket would sort me out. 

I have a pretend quilted blanket on the guest bed. It looks like a quilt but isn't. Got it at the oppy with matching pillowcases  in a fill a bag for $5 sale. Its soo pretty. 

On my bed is a bright red Silk duvet cover. I dont own inners to put in it. It's just there to look pretty. Another oppy purchase.  I've slept on silk sheets once and never again lol. 

If the blanket works out tonight, Ill actually make my bed properly for the first time in a good two years. I just throw a sheet on it if I decide to sleep there. And my "Bedding" in the lounge gets folded every day. 

Hopefully it will also mean I can stop my sleeping tablets. Getting to sleep always being hard if your legs are doing the Hyland Fling when your trying to go to sleep.

One thing I've learnt since MrP died is that its time to use my pretty things. And Im enjoying it. 

My only concern is, I've always been strict with crockery and as soon as a plate gets chipped I needed a new dinner set. Now I have some odd pieces in my fave red and white and I use them more often than the full set of red lol