Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Morning everyone

Wet here. Mild temps tho

Wow Kiwimade that's actually more than 100% increase, $68 is double for a start.

Was talking to Dianne yesterday about getting ready for the garage sale and sorting out tools. She brought her hubby around last night and he brought heaps. So it made a gap but also brought good funds.

I can afford to go to Thames Friday next week. Need to phone my Aunts and see if we can all get together.

I need to rest my leg today, the foot is complaining too. I dont know why but working in bare feet is now off the agenda its not good for me.

Had a nice visit yesterday, no David and I haven't heard from him since Friday. He doesn't know how he actually creates tension. Poor old Keith I assume has bed sores on his butt. He is in a lot of pain. A Big burly bloke who used to drive fire trucks in Aussie, but is often in tears these days.
They just plonk him in our dining room and leave him. They give meds by the clock, not if they need it. But we kicked up enough fuss yesterday that we got it sooner.

Dianne and I both got there around 10-20am. At 11-15 Irene wanted to go to the toilet. I pressed the bell. A carer came in and we asked for her to be taken, oh Noo she went 5 minutes ago, we both jumped on her and said no we have been here 45 minutes, take her...

Toileting shouldn't be on the clock either. I really hope these so called carers end up in homes with useless staff too.

Don't go into rest homes ladies.. They are soul destroying hell homes.

Have a fab day everyone

(11-06-2024, 09:01 AM)Roma Wrote: Good morning. 

Cloudy with the sun trying to shine through.

I haven't received my dog rego fee yet ... I hope that hasn't increased!

Yes, should be good to weed after that rain.  Will try and get out there later.

Mr R has just got in after helping out an older lady who had fallen off her bike with her 2 dogs running alongside. Not a good practice ... long story short she refused the ambulance medics help, even though disoriented, weak and sore. She was last seen with uninterested younger person from her house getting her home on foot  Sad I didn't know the ambo medics can't force anyone to get in/go to hospital if they refuse.

Might try and get out for coffee this morning before Mr R's physio appr. He's earned it and it was our wedding anniversary yesterday!

Enjoy the day all.

Yep they cant force you Roma.. Which is hard for them , goodness knows what damage she could have done..

Happy Anniversary for Yesterday
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Even well run rest homes are soul destroying Popeye, would be a nightmare in a badly run home. I shall do my best to stay out of one.

The house Mr R took the dogs back to wasn't very inviting ... goodness knows what help she will get .... as for the dogs, expect to see them running loose, as we often do.
One reason folk refuse to go with the ambos is the cost. With no cover or alarm subscription it can be an expensive business.

As for rest homes, just shoot me...
Happy anniversary for yesterday, roma Smile

One of the reasons we pay our dog rego is for the dog control officer to sort out roaming dogs... call them, roma Tongue Might as well make them work for any increase in fee.

As soon as the bins were emptied, I took one and filled it to the brim with weeds. Couldn't believe we had so many! It wasn't that long ago when I weeded. One more fence line to weed and I'll be done for a bit. My early cheer daffs are up Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Where we are moving too the dog rego is more expensive and I lose my approved owner discount because they don't have that 

So haircut, car has 2 new tyres . I met up with 2 work colleagues  for coffee. It was nice to catch up with their  lives and what is happening in the organisation  that I used to work for. Nice day so I walked back to car place so got some exercise as well 
Going to sort out some kitchen cupboards this afternoon
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
$125 for my geriatric, near toothless 3 legged K9 ... up $25. No wonder many aren't registered.
Spent a few happy hours sewing a bunch of very old mixed size mother of pearl buttons onto the bottom of a denim skirt and boy it makes me smile. I just need a scrap of white guipure (sp?) lace to catch stitch to the inside of that corner to hide the wee dots of white threads, but that can wait. I shall wear that skirt tomorrow to see if the buttons make any difference to the way it hangs, but they are so light I doubt it will be a problem.

My button box is a little lighter now!
OHH that embellishment sounds lovely. Photo?
morning ladies Smile Hopefully it won't be too wet for all those heading to the Field Days. The traffic has been heavy so far this morning.

I love the idea of the pearl buttons and the guipure lace sounds like the finishing touch, OHH.

I worked out our dog reg increase was aprox 140%. Still hard to stomach.

Today I'll trim the lawn edges and if I can, spray the weeds I can't pull by hand. Some mulch bought in oxalis (thought we had left that behind when we moved 17 years ago). It's only a small amount so if I spray now, it should stop the spread before spring. MrK's broad beans have sprouted, and we have a couple of small cabbages almost ready for eating. He loves growing the smaller sized veg, they are perfect for two.

My Kobo died Sad yesterday. I use it a lot with hospital visits as I can throw it into my bag and not have the extra weight of a book to carry. I had a look online at new ones and they have Kobo with colour now. I'll start putting some $$$ aside for it. Am well and truly over having to replace stuff.

There should be some time later today to stitch. I've pulled more thread for weaving so am good to go.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning  all 
Fine day but nippy

Off shopping with DD this morning so another  trip  into cbd. DH going to drive us in so we don't have to use packed train covid rife at mo and I have more sorting to do two thirds of the kitchen to be precise. 

Knit night last night and everyone  turned  up so lots of chatter.

Need to move

Enjoy your day
Good morning. 

Cold but the sky is clear with sunshine. 

The Field Days a fun day out ... with lots of walking.  We used to hit the road early and rug up warm or be dressed for rain. Lunch was always a free one in our Bank's tent.  Will always remember the day we briefly lost the 2 year old when he jumped out of his pushchair ... panic averted when we found him behind the tent we were in! It was a regular thing to hear over the loud speaker of a found or lost child, lol.

Will spend more time outside later.  On to the 2nd front of the cardi ... enjoyable knitting with a cable pattern. 

Enjoy the day all.
I discovered the book app from the library and now occasionally download a book onto my tablet. I am deliberately disciplining myself though because I suspect those things could well encourage my hermit tendency, and getting to the library is one way of making sure I leave home at least once a week!

And yes, I'll do a pic of the buttons for you when light improves in here. And it warms up!
Morning everyone

Very dark here and there has been rain. Chilly too.

Had another shit night. Last time I looked at the clock it was 2-20am.

Had thought about going up to see the girls but Ill see how my body responds to the pain meds.

Don't plan on doing anything, and going out means I wont lol.

Have a fun time shopping Mica. Having a driver makes it soo much easier. And yes I wouldn't be using buses or trains these days.

Have a fab day all
Morning  all 
Still dark out k9s got up early

Would be surprised if there is a frost 

Had nice day out with DD not successful finding clothes but  she did get 2 suitcases  Strands  had40%off.  They usually borrow ours but since we are holidaying together  in August they  needed their own 

My morning at warehouse  the DH annual MRI  this afternoon

Enjoy your day
Good morning. 

Cold and bleak. Rain is in our forecast.

Mr R had an MRI yesterday ... 3 months since surgery. He will also have yearly ones.  Wasted half a day though, as machine wouldn't fire up and had to go elsewhere.

I have an appointment later. I don't think much will get done outside today  unless it warms up.  

The upgraded skirt sounds wonderful OHH. I was sorely tempted to buy MOP buttons for GD knitted jacket but decided they wouldn't be appreciated! I have a small collection of small ones though. 

Time to move. 

Enjoy the day all.
Morning everyone

The sun is out at the mo.

Had a bit better sleep last night. Thank goodness.

Have a couple of things to do up the road this morning. I might be tempted to go to the Junktion, our recycle Centre. I think I've only been once since my opp..

12 weeks today, feels like 4 times that long. I dont think I will be going to Thames next Friday. I haven't driven enough to be able to do over an hour each way. I might get there but not be able to drive home. And those that I could ask, I wont as its a private thing for me really.

Right I better get myself sorted.. A Lazy start with Madam curled up in my arms today.

Have a fab day all
I think sticking to doing the things we can do ourselves is good for us, we can save the asking for help stuff for real emergencies. If it means we have to pull our horns in a bit, that's okay too, we can balance that with the satisfaction of independence lasting just a bit longer than it might have done otherwise.

And we all know someone who constantly inveigles others into doing things he or she can manage themselves.

Or am I just be too judgemental again?

Probably...
(13-06-2024, 10:48 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think sticking to doing the things we can do ourselves is good for us, we can save the  asking for help stuff for real emergencies. If it means we have to pull our horns in a bit, that's okay too, we can balance that with the satisfaction of independence lasting just a bit longer than it might have done otherwise.

And we all know someone who constantly inveigles others into doing things he or she can manage themselves.

Or am I just be too judgemental again?

Probably...

Yep, me too. I'd rather do things myself if at all possible, & just ask for help if its something i really can't do. Tech stuff mainly. And I still mow my own lawns although it takes a bit longer, partly because the Scots ancestry goes into shock
when I contemplate actually paying someone to do something I can perfectly well do myself... Rolleyes Big Grin 

I may have outdone myself - was wrapping gifts for the great grandson's birthdays next month when I came across a book for one of them. I looked at it & vaguely recalled someone recommending it to me for a great grandchild - & can I remember who its for or who recommeded it, can I hell!

So I asked eldest granddaughter, who said no not her but very helpfully pointed out that writing childs name in as soon as I get a book is a good idea.
I pointed out that that would make sense.

Asked DIL, & no it wasn't her either. She also helpfully suggested writing down which child its intended for...

Asked oldest friend..fabulous - neither of us can remember a damned thing these days so that was a dead loss! Big Grin Big Grin

I'm now waiting for a reply from third eldest granddaughter.... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Totally agree Ladies.

I've always been independent, and learnt to be more so while married to MrP.

I used to mow lawns for a living, and loved doing it. But when my mother lived with us, she paid for someone else to do them. I happily claimed that back last year. And Cant wait till I can do it again.. But I will get the boys to do it again, maybe next week, and who knows maybe I can do little patches in another month or so.

I had a nice morning out. I went to the recycle center, So Glad Missy told me to. They had 5 books of any kind for $3. I got a Chelsea Winter book, Annabel Langbein, Jamie Oliver, Simon and Alison Holst book and one with hundreds of ways of using Vinegar.. All for $3.

And 6 Vintage Tupperware bowls, to on sell.

Then I went to the Opp shop and gave in and got the air cooker I saw last week. For $30 and its like new Im a happy Lassy.

Lillith I think its a good idea writing the names in the books as you buy them, or pop a note in at least incase you change your mind.

Not terribly warm tonight and probably not the best night to have crackers and cheese but I wasn't hungry so thought a few carbs and protein would be enough lol

Ohh and something I didn't know until today. I checked my lotto ticket on the machine at the supermarket and I had won a free ticket. I dont know how lol. But I now have 4 rows for this weeks game. lol..

Pays to check.
Good score on the lotto ticket Popeye, hope you win. Smile

I generally keep the gifts in a bag with the name of each child on them but this book was still in the cardboard package - I'd opened it but got not further for some reason, but fairly sure it's for youngest great grandson...well, it is now anyway.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)