Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
(19-06-2024, 10:20 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: One reason to close joint accounts when one party dies is because later developing estate matters can cause complications, so the banks want to wind up and shed their responsibilitities as quickly and neatly as possible.Hence they require all the usual documentation from surviving parties and close off the business relationship, thereby passing responsibility on...

I have never understood the motivation beyond challenging wills and claiming on estates, but lots of people do it. Just as lots of people use their final wishes to do harm to others. Human beings are weird creatures. And banks know it, lol.

Agree Hunni. I didn't even have to prove he had died. I just told them and they wanted to close the account, but did give me 6 months. 

Only MrP's kids could have challenged his will, but they would get what has been  "allowed" for them, to prevent them contesting his will, complete with Affidavits stating why they were getting the grand sum of $5 each. 

It would have been worth it to see there faces, to put it bluntly. Especially when the youngest son learned that Our Lawyer was the Lawyer he had once years ago, in court. Our Lawyer being the On Duty lawyer at the time. 

Our Lawyer is now a Court Judge. He had his pet names for MrP's previous family. The mother being the "mama" of the mafia lol. 

It would have been worth $20 to see the look on his face lol.
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Another day on cleaning now downstairs windows and skirting  done. Cleaned leather lounge setees this morning, then off to get covid booster and get tv wall braket Noel Lemmings 33% discount with old codgers card cant complain about that.

My gripe for the day.  Arranged for op shop to collect several items last week today was pick up. I completed a detailed list of what we wanted collected. Blokes and truck  get here today  they didn't have list of items in fact a few  bits we had they didn't accept ie office desks a filing cabinet cadenza and king single bed. I was miffed because I have waited a week! Now have to organise for another organisation pick up. Sallies coming tomorrow again given a detailed list no hint the items not acceptable so fingers crossed.

One of our neighbours popped in  DH had let his wife know we were moving and gifted him some new golf balls and tees.
We had a nice catch up.

K9s looking hopeful for an early dinner - not happening.
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Sallies only refused electrical goods when I cleared J's stuff, but everything had to be bagged or boxed. Furniture they just took no problem, though beds weren't included. Hope you get it sorted Mica, it is a frustrating time relying on others.
morning ladies Smile Dark skies and a sunrise make for a beautiful start to the day.

We received a response from Waikato Hospital about MrK's complaint and there was an apology and staff have been told (again) about the importance of communication with patients. There was some serious ar*e covering too by the hospital staff in regard to MrK's records though.

We toddled off to Mt Maunganui yesterday and omg it was freezing lol. But we wrapped up warmly and I took some great winter photos of the beach. We saw the police at the top of the Kaimais and thought there had been an accident, but they were still there on our way home so assumed something more sinister had happened. Listening to the news last evening, we heard the body of the missing Auckland man had been found there.

Not sure what we plan to do today but it will involve staying warm.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Good morning everyone

Still only half awake outside lol. But the sun is trying.

Our St Johns Shop is the worst place for donating stuff here. They have a table and when you take stuff in they stand there, unpack it and hand you back anything they dont want. yes I guess it lowers their dumping fees, but people find it quite embarrassing. I guess you just need to be more careful in what you donate to them. I dont. I give it to our other one or the recycle center.

St Johns is coming YET AGAIN this morning to check the pendant of my alarm. Im going to be telling them to make sure its all working. Im not putting up with calls every week. Its just annoying.

Shopping this morning. It wont be easy. I went and brought some very yummy gurnard and chips last night but managed to hit my foot , thus jarring my knee badly when I got back in the car. Just when it had been coming quite good, I messed it again. Hopefully it will ease quickly.

I slept all night in my bed. YAY. Only one pill. Deep heat and the weighted blanket. Bones and spine sore but not as bad as previous times, so hopefully they will sort themselves into coping with it.

Had a lovely time at the painting with the ladies yesterday. Irene/Mum came too. I knew she would. She was worn out later but she loves her painting and colouring in. Dianne's Friday appointment has been changed. So we will both be on Daughter Duty tomorrow lol

Have a fab day everyone
Morning all
Overcast

Volunteer morning then have meeting at new house with the managers.
7 more sleeps  before  we move.
DS called in yesterday while I was cleaning the leather he took over and I got to play with DGD2   Cool

More cleaning up today hopefully the Sallies take  our desks.

Enjoy your day
Good morning. 

Cloudy with the cold wind again. 

The police must surely have had more information regarding the missing man KM. The Kaimai range is a vast area to be searching in! A bit like the Marokopa area it would seem!

Will have another go at leaving the house for groceries this morning ... stayed back for an unwell K9 yesterday.

GD cardi finished except for buttons. Look forward to a new challenge with an embroidery project. I won't be outside if that wind keeps up. 

We had the Sallies come in to pick up a lot of household items. Annoying for you Mica when the other lot turned their noses up,  especially having been given a list. I hope you have had it picked up now. 

Time to move. 

Enjoy the day all.
Sounds like you need a better mattress popeye!

I came home via the beach yesterday, and yes it was bitter in the wind. The sky was leaden grey, and there was a brave soul out on the water with a deep blue kite wing and a foil dancing with the waves and the wind, oh it was so beautiful to watch. I couldn't help cheering him on while fearing for his fragile bones! The sky claimed him more often than the sea but when the water reached up and grabbed him he went down hard, but it was magnificent - way better than any Olympic games replay. One of the best things I have seen so far this year. It is such a blessing having the beach so close, it is never a wasted opportunity adding that extra half hour to my scooter journey home.

Mind you, the Magnum Minis were a bit soft on arrival!
You might be right Hunni.

I must check, cos I used to have a bit of timber in the bed, between the bade and mattress maybe my body doesn't need it there now. I cant remember if it is still in there or not lol.

Totally agree, I love watching people on the water. Brave souls. Its west coast black sand and wild waves out here. or the relaxing estuary that the sailing club use on the other side of town.
I replaced mine a few years back (it was wayyyyyy past its use by date!) and the difference in my sleep pattern was incredible. I impulse bought in a Farmers 60% off Sleepyhead promotion, an firm orthopedic version, took me a year to pay it off, interest free on my Farmers card, but oh so worth it. I put a slim memory form overlay on top and a puffy topper and that softened it just enough to make it sheer heaven. I need the firm because of all the bone issues but the little bit of padding makes it Goldilocks style - just right!
Our doctor told us you need to replace your bed every 10 years Smile We replaced ours five or six years ago and ommg the difference to our sleep is incredible!

The police must have had more info, roma, as you say, the Kaimai Ranges is a vast area to look for someone.

There was a kite surfer at Pilots Bay yesterday as the tide was coming in. Fantastic to watch and ommg the speed he (or she!) was going was amazing. It looks so much fun and a real joy to watch.
The Sallies collected all the items yay! Big relief  Big Grin

Spent  one hour completely paperwork  for new house then did the grocery shop now having a cuppa with choc mint bickkie
I made the mistake of putting Scottish Biscuits on my online shop.

Bad move. They are so good with coffee...
(20-06-2024, 05:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I made the mistake of putting Scottish Biscuits on my online shop.

Bad move. They are so good with coffee...

I'm addicted to dark Tim Tams with coffee...

A minor miracle took place here this morning; it was very cold & Madame Le Dog & Madame Le Cat graciously allowed the human to sleep in for an entire 20 mins (!) before the two alarm system activated... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
morning ladies Smile  It's the shortest day and our son's birthday Big Grin  Our daughter was born on the longest day.  He has always joked at the unfairness of it Tongue

Sounds like things are moving along nicely for you, mica Smile  Good when a plan comes together.

No specific plans for the day but I'll put a casserole on in the slow cooker for dinner.  Nothing like winter fodder Tongue 

We need to have another cull of our books for the book fair.  Just so we have room for the bags of books we plan to bring home when the fair is on lol.  It's meant to rain on Sunday so might leave it until then.

I'm still beavering away on the runner but I can see the end of it all now. 

Happy crafting Smile
Morning everyone

Cool here..

I wont forget your Sons birthday then Kiwimade. Its 50 years since my father died today. I was just 9. It was our first ride home from school in a car, cos we didn't own one.

Definitely no way I could drive to Thames today, after banging my foot thus jarring my knee on Wednesday night. Its slowly improving. The back and hips were worse this morning.. But TWO full nights on my bed YAY, I will make it properly tomorrow. I do feel better for having had a good sleep tho.. Im nearly Dangerous lol.. well once the bones sort themselves out in a few minutes lol

Off to see the girls this morning. I got Irenes Tomato. I reckon she will end up with two. I will get my new flash peeler that I got with my sumo slicer and see how good it is. Its meant to be good enough to peel the tomato lol. $1-43 for one tomato, its a fairly good size. I didn't even look to see what the per kilo rate was lol.

OH I found something out yesterday.. Ap[apparently you can get a discount on your car insurance if you do less than 5000 kms a year. Pretty sure I will qualify. Just perhaps. But Ill have to get the purchase papers for the car and see what it was then compared to now. Anything to save a few dollars works for me.

I had my steak last night. Man it was good. Cooked perfectly with a few chips. Cos my head wont do steak with veges or normal potatoes lol

Have a fab day all
Morning all
Still tucked up in bed feels nippy out though

DH has  colleague he worked with popping in for morning  tea this  morning. I plan on continuing sorting paperwork all the change  of addresses  and transfering  stuff over. Some can do on line but many require  a phone call and axwait in a queue. 

Need to pack up laundry cupboards today

Enjoy your day
No wonder it's chilly, we have a frost! And the birds must be feeling it as the bird feeding station is busy with waxeyes and sparrows. I heard the shining cuckoo this morning and the kingfisher and fantail are back. I need to make more bird puddings and fill refill the sugar water bottle. The last lot of bird puddings had the crumbs from the Furry One's treats and has obviously met with their approval as they have been demolished.
I have put a shallow dish near the whisk and filled it with rainwater for the birds, and sure enough, after a sticky feeding from the oranges in the whisk the waxeyes are into the ice water bath. Mad creatures, but so much fun to watch.

I came across an ad for a heat pump hot water system, so am intrigued. My personal loan that cleared some family debts will be fully repaid in a few months and I would like to put that regular payment towards something that reduces my power costs for the future. I investigated a small solar system, but it turns out it would take 23 years to recoup the up front because my flat is so small, and I doubt I have that long to invest, lol. But hot water heating - now that is the biggest bit of my power usage, and the old style system I have is well past its use by date. The cylinder year of manufacture is mid sixties! They built them tough in those days! So I have a new project - talking to plumbers.

Weird, the things that amuse me...
(21-06-2024, 10:07 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I have put a shallow dish near the whisk and filled it with rainwater for the birds, and sure enough, after a sticky feeding from the oranges in the whisk the waxeyes are into the ice water bath. Mad creatures, but so much fun to watch.

I came across an ad for a heat pump hot water system, so am intrigued. My personal loan that cleared some family debts will be fully repaid in a few months and I would like to put that regular payment towards something that reduces my power costs for the future. I investigated a small solar system, but it turns out it would take 23 years to recoup the up front because my flat is so small,  and I doubt I have that long to invest, lol. But hot water heating - now that is the biggest bit of my power usage, and the old style system I have is well past its use by date. The cylinder year of manufacture is mid sixties! They built them tough in those days! So I have a new project - talking to plumbers.

Weird, the things that amuse me...

After my hot water cylinder failed for a second time due to the chlorine in the water I have gone for an infinity gas system, so far I’m still on my first tank of gas after 15 months so cost of hot water is $9 a month and going down. It will pay off the cost of the system in a couple of years at this rate.  Smile